“A New Place to Call Home on the Upper West Side”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Belleclaire

Ranked #232 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Rome, Italy
“A New Place to Call Home on the Upper West Side”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had a perfectly lovely stay at the Hotel Belleclaire for a total of 9 nights. I am a native New Yorker and I no longer have family in the city, but the Hotel Belleclaire made me feel absolutely at home in the neighborhood where I grew up. The young staff was enthusiastic and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were comfortable, tasteful, and overheated in typical UWS pre-war building fashion (this was a very good thing considering the bitter cold outside; however, it is easy to turn the heating up or down). The wi-fi was strong and I was able to work easily. There was an ironing board, iron, hair-drier... everything you might need to make a home away from home -- except for coffee in your room and room service (food delivery can be arranged, though). The hotel provides self-service coffee in the lobby in the morning, but it would have been lovely to have a real breakfast or at least a kettle in the room. That is my only criticism. Towels were fluffy, beds comfy and the price was right. I will definitely be making it my home base in NYC.

Room Tip: If you're a native New Yorker, you are probably used to having a view of a brick wall. Those ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mommissima
Adisa F, Director of Sales at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay at the Hotel Belleclaire! The exceptional quality of personal service and amenities are the hotel’s signature approach. We provide complimentary high speed wi-fi access, morning coffee and tea in the newly renovated and pristine lobby, a mini refrigerator in each guest room, 24 hour access to the fitness center and media lounge to name a few. In addition to our newly renovated lobby and guest rooms, all bathrooms will feature newly renovated and modern floor to ceiling glass enclosed showers, tasteful espresso vanities, and a splash of white stonewash tiles.

I’m delighted to read your appraisal of our team, the value, services, and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. I’m so thrilled to hear that Hotel Belleclaire made you feel like a true New Yorker at home in the fabulous, cultural and residential neighborhood! We are looking forward to the return of your home base!

Hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,

Anna Nejasmic
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nicely decorated, and just a few blocks from the 1 train which you can use to connect to Times Square easily. The rooms were surprisingly very spacious compared to other hotels in the city. What I liked best about it was that it was separated from other packed areas that are normally filled with tourists, which makes it for a very quiet stay.

Stayed December 2012
1 Thank tatdbzdm
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate the very kind and positive review of your stay at the Hotel Belleclaire! The exceptional quality of personal service and amenities are the hotel’s signature approach. We provide complimentary high speed wi-fi access, morning coffee and tea in the newly renovated and pristine lobby, a mini refrigerator in each guest room, 24 hour access to the fitness center and media lounge to name a few. In addition to our newly renovated lobby and guest rooms, all bathrooms will feature newly renovated and modern floor to ceiling glass enclosed showers, tasteful espresso vanities, and a splash of white stonewash tiles.

As you kindly mentioned, we are situated in the heart of the Upper West Side; a magnificent, cultural and residential neighborhood that is located steps away from the subway station. Our location offers easy access to various main attractions and locations throughout NYC.

We were delighted to accommodate your reservation needs and look forward to your future stay at Hotel Belleclaire!

Anna Nejasmic
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com
Beersheba, HaDarom, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I truly enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and helpful staff. It was 15F outside, but there was always a warm welcome and hot coffee in the lobby. The bed was very comfortable. the free wi-fi had a strong signal and even the health club was clean and inviting. and all of that is nothing compared to the wonderful location!!! Thank you for the hospitality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Well, I have to say it has put it's efforts in the aesthetics maybe too much. It looks lovely and elegant, BUT, In the 4 nights I stayed there I didn't get one good nights sleep because the radiator makes an insanely loud clanging sound at random times both day and night, I don't mean a little ting here and there, it sounds like someone's hitting it with a hammer! And early in the morning it's the least welcome noise ever! I told front desk about this and they'd obviously gotten this complaint before because they told me this is a problem because of the way the radiators are in the hotel. They sent someone to look at it, but absolutely nothing changed and it still made the loud clanging noise all the time. The rest of the hotel is brilliant! The staff are courteous and more than happy to help, but of course all of that is lost if u can't get to sleep! The location is amazing, the facilities.. cant praise them more, and I would absolutely stay here again but ONLY IF they sort out the radiators! Otherwise, unless you can sleep through loud terrifying noises through the night, save your money until they fix this problem. I was staying in room 530

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Alywilliams
Adisa F, Director of Sales at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear AlyWilliams,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Hotel Belleclaire. Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have alerted our staff and will take proactive measures to avoid this issue in the future.

The Hotel Belleclaire has recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation and continues to improve guest rooms and amenities. We would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel and can assure a pleasant, restful visit. Feel free to contact me directly or our General Manager; Scott Geres (212-706-4469 / sgeres@hotelbelleclaire.com), to discuss this matter further.

We hope to see you soon, AlyWillaims!

Adisa Feratovic
Director of Sales & Marketing
212-706-4479 / adisa@hotelbelleclaire.com
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is not big and grand by some NYC standards but they go out of their way to assure you a nice stay. Great location with easy access to subway stations and a stone's throw from Central Park. For the price we couldn't have had a better deal (we've stayed at places twice this price and have gotten less!). The room was good and spacious with a clean comfortable bed. If you're a business traveler, their internet service was solid and speedy. The staff was more than friendly and said hello to us every time we strolled through their tiny lobby.

Our only minor quibbles were the lack of sound proofing on the windows and we also had an air conditioner that made just a tad more noise than we would've preferred but it also kept us nice and cool. The elevators in the building were microscopic so be forewarned if you're bringing large suitcases. But for it's quaintness, charm, and more than friendly staff there, the Belleclaire is definitely a place I plan on coming back to for another stay. They're really made this place a keeper for my NYC stays now.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Smogboy315
Vermilion, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Hotel Belleclaire is a very nice hotel at an unbelievably low price. I thought I would have to compromise some because of the bargain price but I couldn't have been more satisfied. Very clean room also stylish with updated bathroom and had everything I could need. Location convenient to subway, breakfast shops and grocery but also quiet and residential. Friendly staff. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pak3
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Friendly staff excellent room. Big room 2dbl beds 2large windows- for the price excellent value in NYC! Old world charm but w/all the amenities. As per other reviews, bathroom small but really how much space do you need, very clean and top grade toiletries. Staff very courteous and helpful we wil be back!

• Stayed January 2013