5 people are viewing this hotel
$267
Free cancellation until 12/15/22
$288
Free cancellation until 12/17/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
$222
Hotels.com$288
Priceline$288
travelup.com$277
1,955 results
All reviews greenwich village waverly place great location new york art deco rooms are small deluxe room boutique hotel around the corner subway station lower manhattan free breakfast love this hotel definitely stay here again nyc hotels nyu babbo
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2019

Consistently an excellent experience. Very friendly and helpful staff, from the front desk to those keeping the coffee warm and (particularly good) orange juice fresh..and the muffins stocked! Room was pleasant - and when made reservation requested a room with light and while that's usually my request, not all hotels grant it. Highly recommend.

1  Thank elizabeth t
Sonny C, General Manager at Washington Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2019

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for the perfect review! We appreciate you sharing your feedback, and letting us know we have been consistent. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

I travel to this part of New York very often for work and have been trying a few new hotel options. For this 2 night visit I opted for the Washington Square Hotel based on some good reviews, proximity to the office/local amenities and I like supporting independents rather than chains.

Sadly it has made me want to go back to the soulless but consistent chain down the road which actually works out cheaper.

Arrival
Simple check in, they took my card info but never presented costs or paperwork just a slip for me to sign. It was ready on time. The door/security staff were super friendly and a saving grace for the whole stay to be honest. I felt safe as a lone female traveller knowing there was someone downstairs.

Main Room
The room on the 8th floor was fairly small but I didn’t need much space. The bed was a twin pushed together, however as both beds where on wheels they moved around a lot!!. The door isn’t exactly into its frame so there was light from the corridor coming into the room with the lights out. The room isn’t soundproofed so you hear a LOT from the surrounding rooms but a good bonus is there is little traffic noise. Generally everything is a little scruffy, marks, not super clean and dated. There wasn’t enough desk space for me to work which was a big disappointment.

Bathroom
The water in the shower never got hot, and I ran it for some time!! Liked the toiletries though. The bathroom was clean but small.

In room service/amenities
There is no room service here, and rooms come with a coffee machine and water only. There were robes and slippers which was a bonus. Safe was good and worked. TV ok but very high on the wall!!
I should mention the room cleaning after day 1 - for some reason rubbish wasn’t cleared so I had to leave it outside the room over night. The cleaner also spilled shampoo all over my toiletries and left it - which was annoying as it ruined a compact.

Lifts
Don’t use the smaller of the 2 - it does t always work. Which means the main lift is busy.

Breakfast
I only needed breakfast 1 of the days I was there. It is meant to start at 7.15 but at 7.20 nothing was put out yet but I was told i could go down to the kitchen? The guy could not have cared less!! The croissants were pretty stale.

Check out
This was the oddest part - I came down and was presented with the bill - no good morning, how was your stay, can I get someone to help with your bags. As I was paying he answered the phone to someone else so I wasn’t sure if I was done - so no goodbye........ it’s company money so I’m not going to complain or ask for a refund or anything but it would have been nice to get some acknowledgement.

Whilst I wouldn’t stay again, or recommend the hotel based on the room - even if I did, the service killed it for me!

Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank MrsMcDill
Reviewed September 5, 2019

A beautiful restored Art Deco hotel across from the square. They maintained all the great features when modernizing and it is truly a unique hotel. The rooms are average size for New York and they are in process of updating all of them...ours was already done and was very nice. Here is what makes it perfect...8 subways to catch within 2 blocks...some truly awesome restaurants including Michelin starred within 3 blocks...not the hustle and bustle of Chelsea or midtown etc...busy but calm....and the staff was great...all helpful and very pleasant.

Room tip: request one facing the street
5  Thank Eddy Ray P
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Another wonderful stay at the WSH; a great location; and if you like taking pictures, Washington Square offers one so much! Easy access to the subway; really good (free) breakfast; and the help (Ronnie in particular) a great hotel staff!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank billmM3886AB
Sonny C, General Manager at Washington Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Hello billmM3886AB,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate the kinds words, and letting us know to keep up the good work. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

I stayed there for a week during induction of my daughter st NYU. The location is perfect. Right on the northern corner of Washington Square . Breakfast really nice and also they offer express breakfast near the lobby which is very convenient when in rush. Stuff friendly and cool. Service very good. Décoration, style and furniture very standard. A little bit old fashioned. Not impressive but right for the job.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank effiesalaka

Hello effiesalaka,

We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with us! We are always happy to help make move-in as seamless as possible. We congratulate your daughter on her admittance to NYU, and wish her the best of luck during her first year. We look forward to your next visit!