Washington Square Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$239
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$176
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
$167
$136
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
$297
1,554 results
All reviewsgreenwich villagewaverly placecontinental breakfastbob dylanbagelsgreat locationnew yorkrooms are smallart decofresh fruitdeluxe roomboutique hotelbrick wallaround the cornerlower manhattanstreet noisesubway station
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I visited New York in September and stayed here. It's a boutique hotel that is very quaint. The doorman was ever so friendly and helpful (better than the counter staff). I stayed on the fifth floor but it was still quite noisy at night. This did not worry me as it is New York - what do you expect! I loved that I could walk around the West Village and Soho and Greenwich Village. I had my last 3 days here when I returned to New York after a trip to Boston - previously I stayed uptown in the Theatre District nearTimes Square for 9 days. I wanted to get out of the hustle and bustle and this area was divine for that! Great little shops to buy more unusual gear, a lot of little restaurants and cafes to choose from. Very near The Magnolia Bakery! They were very good here too as I was able to leave a suitcase here in storage whilst I travelled on to Boston and Washington. I recommend this hotel as it has all the basic needs, it's clean, has a great little bar area and the barman there was great to chat with. I also ate next door in their restaurant and that was lovely too. Do yourself a favour and get out of the city when you're done with seeing everything and stay here in Downtown New York and enjoy the beautiful Washington Square Park! Oh and breakfast was included - such a bonus these days!

Room Tip: Maybe stay up as high as you can away from the street as the Garbage truck noise and general noisy people can interrupt your sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Sparksy7
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Lovely hotel situated away from the frenzy of central New York, but close enough for convenience. Rooms are well-appointed and are of the size to be expected in a hotel of its age and location. Very good breakfast which may be taken in the small self-service area, or downstairs in the restaurant. The latter provides a far more pleasant experience. Staff are friendly and helpful, giving sound advice for visitors to the city. Restaurants and bars situated just across Washington Square are worth a visit. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floor, overlooking the park a good choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JMH52
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Reviews have mentioned the small rooms. The first room I was given was so small the only place to sit other than the bed was a metal folding chair. The bathroom was very small. I had to remove the toilet paper to be comfortable on the toilet. I called the front desk and was given a slightly larger room.
The room needed the walls painted and the baseboards repaired.
The electronic keys were difficult to use. At one point the housekeeper on the floor had to let me in my room.
On Saturday night I asked for a late checkout. I was told I could have 1:00pm. On Sunday the front desk told me they had no record of my request.
I could not print my boarding pass. The very nice door man could not print my boarding pass. He sent me to the front desk. The girl at the front said it would take 30 minutes to print it. I did not wait.
The breakfast was nice, but the room was very crowded.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank davidc60
abukala, Manager at Washington Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear davidc60,
Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to make your stay as uncomplicated and comfortable as possible. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience encounter during your recent stay.
We have several room types, some are bigger than others. I'm happy that we were able to switch you to a larger room. We take the condition of our rooms seriously. Unfortunately, I am not aware what room number you stayed in to correct these issues.
We provide two IPads for guest use in our lobby. These IPads are connected to a wireless printer at the Front Desk.
Your other comments have been shared with management for an internal follow-up to ensure that such issues to not occur in the future.
Should you return you to New York City, I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence. If you would contact me directly, I would be pleased to ensure that your next stay is satisfactory.
Agnes Bukala
abukala@wshotel.com

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I accidentally left my expensive Bose headphones and a pair of binoculars in the hotel safe. After I flew home, I called the hotel and spoke to the head of housekeeping (I think it was Valerie). She was very nice, took my name and number and the details of my stay, and said she'd look into it. Naturally I didn't think I would ever hear from them again, but in less than an hour Valerie called back with the good news that my items had been retrieved from the safe. The hotel staff called me again later to get an updated mailing address, and today I received an expertly packaged box, with my items neatly bubble-wrapped. That's terrific service.
The hotel is in an ideal location for those wanting to enjoy the hot spots of Lower Manhattan and avoid the massive towers and crowds of mid-town.

Room Tip: The rooms here are small, and vary greatly in views, windows, etc. If dissatisfied, ask immediately to change. They accommodated me nicely when I did.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nice hotel, friendly concierge who greeted us every morning on way to breakfast with big smile and good sense of humour. Breakfast has been good each day and plenty to eat and drink. At the end of each day we returned and room was clean, tidy with fresh towels and toiletries.
Hotel appears dated on first view but actually very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple