“Excellent value”

Ranked #270 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a very well-located hotel that was remarkably inexpensive for our stay in mid-January. The shared bathroom was kept very clean, as were the rooms. Our room faced E. 17th street and there was a rattling windowpane (it was quite windy) which bothered us for a couple of nights. There was also some street noise that one could hear a few floors up, but I'm told this is normal for NYC. We would stay here again. One recommendation: next time we'll take slippers or flip-flops for trips to the shared bathroom. I also may try for a room that's at the back of the building to see if it's less noisy during the night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I needed a place to stay for 3 nights while my husband was in the hospital. It was only 1/2 block away, very inexpensive, and clean. Though my room was very small and I had to share a bathroom, it was well worth it for what I paid! The bathroom was right across from my room and I never had to wait to use it. (It had a shower/tub and was very clean). The hotel was very quiet and comfortable enough for a good nights' sleep. I think it would be fine for anyone needing a place to stay on the lower east side of Manhattan for not a lot of money!

Room Tip: My room had a view of a brick wall, but I didn't care. If it matters to you, you might want to a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Rather clean and quite place in the very center of Manhattan. Clean bathroom. Reception stuff were friendly and helpfull. If you need a cheap place for a quick stay in a walking distance from everything in Manhatten, this is a good choise

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Katuha27
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by how clean and conveniently located this hotel was for the price paid. A friend and I wanted a cheap, fun weekend in the city and this hotel was perfect for our needs. The shared bathrooms in the hallway were always kept clean. The front desk staff, while not overly friendly or helpful, answered all questions we had and were able to switch our room type for us at the last minute. The sink/mirror/hairdryer in the room were unexpected but useful. The beds would probably be too hard for most, but I'm not too picky and can pretty much sleep anywhere. The neighborhood felt safe and clean and we weren't too worried about walking back from the subway on our own. While the hotel does not provide parking, there were plenty of options within walking distance of the hotel. I used Bestparking.com to find the cheapest lot.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alyson L
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here over a month, staff were very friendly throughout and tried to help. Single room came with safe, bed, bedside table, and TV. Decor was very 1920s, hotel lift is very old style, but the hotel is clean, I could see the vacumn marks every evening when I came back. Staff friendly throughout.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is really conveniently located near Union Square, meaning most of the main attractions are within a half hour walk.
The room was clean and staff helpful. The downside is that the room was rather small and they could do with more bathrooms on each floor.
But for what I paid this was an excellent deal. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces