“Convenient location, sub par hotel”
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #334 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 7, 2014

You can't beat the 47th street location, but I wouldn't stay in this hotel again. The lobby is gorgeous, but the staff is disinterested. The rooms are tiny, but not unbearably so. However, the shower is absurdly small. I'm 5'5 and I felt claustrophobic. The fan in the bathroom didn't work, so we had to shower with the door open so the steam could dissipate. Also, the water is dangerously hot - be careful if you have kids with you. The window didn't fully close, and from the 4th floor we heard every bit of noise from outside. Construction, sirens, yelling and other road noise kept us up most of the night. The AC/heat fan was also malfunctioning, rattling and shaking through the night. The only benefits of this hotel are 1) location, 2) cheap internet ($10/day) and 3) good water pressure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna S, Front Office Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Hello Poketlynnt: I'm delighted to hear you liked our location and the good water pressure in the shower. On the other hand I'm very disappointed you were less than comfortable with your room accommodations. I truly hope you will stay with us again. If you do, please let us know if you ever come across of any problems. We always want to make sure our guests are as comfortable as possible and that we provide total satisfaction to our guests.
We would love to have you back, please feel free to contact me directly so I can personally assist with your arrangements and make sure your experience is excellent.

Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Night Times Square

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The best part of this hotel is the lobby. I stayed 2 nights. The rooms are cramped. The closet is very deep but has no lights so you can't see anything in it. One of the windows in the room don't make a tight seal so you can hear everything going on in the street. I was up from 4am on! Didn't get much sleep. The heating/cooling condensor is extremely loud so I turned it off and chose to freeze over hearing it. And the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work. I called to have it fixed but nothing was done by the time I got to my room at 11pm.

On checkout, I wasn't even asked how my stay was. Probably best for them not to ask and avoid the complaints from guests.

This is one of the 3 worst hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank locapacow

Hello locapacow: I'm sorry to hear that you were less than comfortable during your time in residence. It is simply unacceptable that you were never asked how your stay was; it is through feedback like yours that we are able to improve the efficiency and high standards of the hotel. I appreciate your feedback and please be assured that I have shared your experience with our entire team. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can personally assist with your arrangements and make sure your experience is memorable for the right reason.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed her to go to a Broadway show and dinner on a Saturday night. The staff was friendly and helpful. But other reviewers are right -- super small rooms! As you open the room door, you are practically on top of the bed. The room was clean and bed comfortable and even though there was some noise outside (we were there on Superbowl weekend so festivities were in full force) it wasn't disruptive or worse than other Times Sq places I've stayed. The bathroom only had a shower, which was fine with us, but the ceiling in the shower area was peeling making it feel a little creepy and unkempt. I wouldn't stay here if I was in town for more than one night or if I intended to spend any time in my room relaxing. It's simply a place to rest your eyes and get on to the next activity. Don't bring a big suitcase or lots of things to hang in the closet -- there simply isn't room!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello CSBETZ: I'm so glad you liked our location and you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We take cleanliness and maintenance of our rooms extremely seriously and will review our procedures since we missed the mark. We strive to fulfill our guest's needs to the best of our ability, if you decide to stay with us again, please keep in mind that we offer multiple room size and will be more than happy to accommodate you by providing a room that best fits your needs.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, please feel free to contact me directly so I can personally assist with your arrangements.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in Feb. The best part about this hotel was the location- literally a few steps from Times Square. Other good points were that the room was clean and housekeeping were good.
I didn't find the reception staff too helpful. Our flight had been delayed and we arrived late and tired. I asked the receptionist could I pay the room with a different card to the one we booked with and we were told yes. The other card wasn't requested so I asked do we pay upon check out and was told yes. We came back later that evening and we had been locked out of our room. The lifts are extremely slow and it was an inconvenience to have to trek back to reception to sort it out. It was explained that payment was requested on the card I asked not to be used and it was declined so the key card was blocked.

We had a continental breakfast included which was lacking to say the least.

Would I stay here again? Probably for location only but I've stayed in nicer places and better value in Times Square.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Katie750: I'm happy to hear that you found the hotel conveniently located and that the room was clean and comfortable. Please accept my apology for the miscommunication about the payment for your stay and that the continental breakfast was less than satisfactory.
I appreciate your taking the time to provide us with your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can personally assist with your arrangements.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, if you want to stay in NYC and be in the middle of everything this is the place to stay.
Bad things about this hotel: The elevator is so small and so slow, the rooms are very tiny, the walls are thin, there is no WiFi in the room.
Good Things about this hotel: Location!! The WiFi in the lobby is good, the staff are friendly and helpful, the bed is large and comfy, water pressure is good, hotel is clean and tidy.
You pay for what you get, the price of this hotel is cheap enough for you to not expect five stay luxury, what you can expect is an average hotel in an excellent location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's at the back of the hotel, if you get a room on the main street its very lo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dewith87

Hello dewith87: I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us, apart from the room size and the elevator wait. I sincerely hope you stay with us again. If you decide to stay with us again, please keep in mind that we offer multiple room sizes and we would be more than happy to accommodate you by providing a room that best fits your needs. Thank you for your feedback, and when you come back we will make sure to locate your room in the back of the hotel.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The foyer (quite impressive) did represent the room we stayed in. We were there for 3 nights. The air con was inoperable, which meant as it was so noisy (plus intermittent louder noise) you couldn't disable it. The room was super small, not comfortable at all, the bathroom was equally as small. I have stayed in many hotels and this was definitely not a 4*. You also have to pay for the wifi, nightly. However the visitor centre, just around the corner, has free wifi. The location, I guess was perfect for being central, however bare in mind it is very noisy. We were allowed to check out an hour later than the standard 12pm, however when storing our cases we had to tip the porter. For a £200 more you can stay in the Waldorf Astoria. Go figure.

Room Tip: Do not go for the small room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DCarey76

Hello DCarey76: I'm glad you liked our location and the lobby. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with constructive criticism and I truly hope you stay with us again. If you do, please let us know if you ever come across any problems. We want to make sure our guests are as comfortable as possible and we will gladly accommodate once we are aware of any problems.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The Queen room my wife and I shared was really small, as was the bathroom! I mean teeny tiny, no closet, no room pass someone if you need to get to the bathroom or out of the door! No ice bucket, not that it would have mattered as the ice machines are either broken or missing. Angry housekeeper woke us up banging on the door and yelling at us to get out, a full hour before regular checkout time.

Adding insult to injury, a letter was on the desk in the room, inviting us to an event/party in the attached bar, but when we tried to go, they wanted a $30 cover charge per person!

I will say that the lobby staff was friendly and pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Greg. K: Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we are extremely disappointed that you were less than comfortable. Please accept my apology that the housekeeping staff were too noisy in the morning and disruptive to your sleep. On the other hand I'm delighted to hear you found our front office staff to be friendly and pleasant.
I hope you will stay with us again, please contact me directly at asobiech@nighthoteltsq.com so I can personally assist with your arrangements.