“Just Great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #330 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Birmingham
“Just Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had stayed at Yotel (2011) (Excellent) and wanted to stay there again on my latest trip.
Prices had risen quite a bit so decided to look elsewhere and to be fair glad I did.
The night hotel is fantastic value I hope to be back again Christmas.
The location is as advertised right by Times Square without the usual Times Square price!
Great hotel restuarant/bar get in for happy hour!
On returning to bedroom each evening the bedding is turned down soft music playing and the room is lit via lights under the bed.
Great Rooms / Bar /Restuarant / Location Give it a look if heading to New York
Love........ BB Kings .... The BoatHouse Resuarant in Central Park.... Bubba Gumps.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EvoBirmingham
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for the brilliant feedback, EvoBirmingham. We look forward to your return.
Gautam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
reykjavík
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

friendly staff, good location,nice hotel, rooms are a little small. i stayed there for a week, there is short way to everything and it´s just right on times square so you will enjoy the view and everything times square has to offer.

Room Tip: ask for back view room it´s quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jón Helgi S
Hello Jón Helgi S : Thank you for the review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i booked this for our honeymoon , great location dead center to everything , very friendly and helpful staff, room was perfect with wifi, food was good was at a fair cost , The bar downstairs was lively and fun, we really enjoyed our ten night stay and will defo be back again

Hello Gav M : Thank you for the superb review. We look forward to your return.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I saw this hotel had been purchased by "The Night Hotel" brand aka now Wyndham and thought it would be pretty good. I think it was formerly called Stay. The initial impression of the lobby was nice, but the hotel staff was a step above rude. After checking in, we didn't bother asking them any other questions since it was obvious they didn't care at all about the guests.

The elevators were a bit slow, but there were two, so that wasn't awful. Our room was small with a sliver of a window, but that is to be expected in NYC. The bathroom was tiny, but was fine. It was clean, which is the most important part to me.

The location is pretty good with multiple subway stops very close and the proximity to Broadway is great if you are seeing a show. This wouldn't be on the top of my list to recommend to someone, but it gets the job done.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FLtoAU
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Hello FLtoAU : Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am disappointed to hear of your experience. Reviews on our service have been positive and I am troubled to hear that your experience was not a good one. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I can personally make the arrangements.
Best regards,
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Let me first start by saying the images you see online are far superior to the actual hotel. If you don't care about staying in a glorified motel, then this is the place for you. If you're looking for a posh hotel experience in the city, keep on looking.

The outside of the hotel literally looks like an apartment building. There are 10 floors. The lobby is nice, as well as the restaurant/lounge, but the pictures make the hotel look spacious and grand -- although the design is eye catching, it's neither of the two. The staff wasn't overly welcoming upon our arrival like most hotels I've stayed in, but I have no complaints about the staff demeanor.

The facts:
If you're claustrophobic I suggest you get a room on the second floor, because the elevators are like nothing I've ever experienced. It's literally a 4x4 space with floor to ceiling mirrors. Some of the lights were even falling out. It takes FOREVER to come once you push the button, so people tend to pile in (by pile in I mean 4 at a time because it's full to capacity at that point -- sans luggage). One of the two elevators actually broke while we were there, so everyone was using one, small elevator for the duration of the weekend.

The rooms are SMALL. We stayed in a Deluxe Queen sized room. It was clean, thank God, but it was definitely run down. There is no mini fridge in the room. There's a mini bar, but you can't remove anything from it or you'll be charged automatically. If you plan on bringing some drinks or snacks, there's nowhere to store it. There's also no counter space in the bathroom. There was a tiny glass ledge above the sink, but that's it. As far as furniture is concerned, there was obviously a bed, two small side tables with a drawer in each, a desk with two drawers and a chair, and that's it. It's literally a minimalists fantasy.

The hallways are drab and narrow with old carpeting...as I said, it's a glorified motel.

I would compare this hotel to an online dating profile -- The pictures look fresh and up to date. Looking at it online you're excited about staying there and immediately want to book a room before anyone else snatches it up, in fear that you'll miss out on what seems to be a glorious opportunity. The reality of the matter is that I showed up and met the person who gained 50 lbs and aged 7 years since they took that profile picture. It was disappointing and I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello joy M: I value your descriptive and constructive feedback and thank you for taking the time to provide us with details of your recent stay with us. We are extremely disappointed that you were less than comfortable. Our goal is to provide total satisfaction to our guests and we attempt to do so daily. I would be happy to discuss your experience further if you should like to contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com
Best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights last weekend and yes- location is great- but the whole experience was less than satisfactory. I booked my room on expedia and was bit surprised to see that it actually didn't take money from my card straight away as usual and was advised that payment will be taken at the hotel.However, when it got to check out - I got charged $100 more than I was quoted at reservation. I even provided a proof of reservation with price that I reserved but was told by very unhelpful receptionists (Fatema) that they have those problems all the time and was told that I can only file complaint with expedia but as far as the hotel is concerned they don't really care and I have to pay the full amount. That practise is not only unethical & misleading - but also probably illegal! When I reserved my hotel room - I compared prices of other hotels- and I chose Night Hotel mainly because of that. If I wanted to pay $100 more I would have chosen much better hotel!!!!!!!

Room Tip: there is DJ in hotel and it gets really loud- my room was on 7th floor and I still couldn't slee...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello ILONAB: Thank you for your feedback. I truly apologize for the billing discrepancy. The issue you have described is caused by a known technical malfunction on Expedia’s end which is being worked upon diligently to correct the problem, though they are unable to provide a resolution date at this time. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I can personally follow up with them and expedite your refund process. I know that sincere words of apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Best regards,
Stevenston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

the hotel is in an excellent location, the rooms were small but very clean, staff were helpful. would recomend this hotel to anyone visiting NY. Only one thing that I would change, I would have liked a king size bed instead of a double.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank yvonne m
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Hello yvonne m : Thank you for the brilliant feedback. We’d love for you to experience one of our large king rooms on your next visit to NYC. Please reach out to me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I may personally make the arrangements.