“Good location”

Ranked #328 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Good location”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Overall this hotel was nice. Rooms were very small though, which is standard in New York City. Bed was comfortable and I liked the modern look of the room. Hotel is right in Times Square which is an advantage! Lobby was lovely to look at. Front desk staff could've been a little more friendlier. The concierge, Walter, was great and friendly though - booked us an awesome ride back to the airport and gave us good information about what to do around town.

2 Thank Steff J
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello Steff J : Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. We glad you enjoyed the contemporary style of the rooms and lobby. We focus considerable effort on training our staff to ensure high levels of service and we shall further strengthen our initiatives in this direction based on your feedback. Should we have the opportunity to host you again in the near future, then please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I can personally make the arrangements.
Gautam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I have just finished a 14 day stay at the Night hotel in NYC and can only praise the staff and quality of the accommodation that we experienced. The room was typical of NYC accomodation as being a bit smaller than other accommodation around the world but having said that it was very comfortable and met all our needs for a comfortable stay. The staff could not have been more polite or helpful and are a credit to their organisation. We did not eat at the hotel as there is an abundance of restaurants to experience and appreciate. The menue at the hotel looked good but we only ate breakfast there. There is a club at the hotel which really pumps most nights but being of the older generation we slept while most of the fun was being had. We did not hear a thing fom the club as we were on the 8th floor and towards the back so that may have been the buffer. The romm was always spotless and our maid service could not be beat as they worked with us if we could not leave our room until later than usual in the morning and put our room on the later list to accommodate us If you do not want to breakfast at the hotel there is a diner just to the left of the hotel that also serves a very good fare .
This hotel is so well located for tourists that I can only recommend it is a bonus to stay here as every service you require, as a tourist, is within easy stroll of the front door or if that is to strenuous the desk staff are only to happy to look after you. I can only praise this hotel and their very polite and helpful staff as they made our holiday very comfortable

Room Tip: Ask for a room twards the back of the hotel and above the 5th floor to protect yourself from street...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin G
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello kevinG : Thank you for the fantastic review. I am thrilled that you found our staff to be helpful and enjoyed your experience. Should we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future, then please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I can personally make the arrangements.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We got to the hotel which was formerly called Stay. We didn't know the hotel had changed its name and even the taxi driver thought we had the wrong hotel room. Our room was upgraded. The room was SMALL. It barely fit the bed. Not sure how it was an upgrade. The worst thing about the room is how tiny the bed is. It was barely even a double bed, just a little bit bigger than a single bed. The location was excellent. Right around the corner from Times Sq abs Broadway. However, even the location didn't make up for two sleepless nights. Don't stay here unless you plan on not sleeping.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello GemmaShah87 : Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are extremely disappointed that you were less than comfortable. Our goal is to provide total satisfaction to our guests and we attempt to do so daily. While our rooms are not the largest in NYC, I would assure you they are average in size and a value for their price. I would be happy to discuss your experience further if you should like to contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The toilet in our room was not flushing properly and even after management claiming that the problem was fixed, experienced the same. One morning we had to shower in cold water.
The bar fridge was not cooling at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hello KoosT : Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back. . Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com, so that I can personally assist with your arrangements. I know that sincere words of apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 week in june and we cannot say a bad word about this hotel. The location is perfect, very central. Footsteps away from times square and Rockefella Centre, Central Park, 5th Ave are all very close by. Our towels were changed everyday which was great. I had read reviews on small rooms which had worried me but we stayed in room 305 and the room size was more than ample for two of us. There was a small wardrobe which we put our suitcases in and hung some clothes in. Our view from our window was a wall...but who needs a room with a view when in NYC!! It was my boyfriends birthday while we were there and they had a lovely letter and bottle of wine waiting in the room for us which was lovely. The staff were great and very friendly, the concierge was great, i think his name was Walter. Yes there was music to the early hours on friday and saturday but as we had been out and about all day this did not stop us from sleeping as we were so tired! Overall we had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely stay again and also recommend it to friends and family!

2 Thank crp88
Hello Cmcg8 : A BIG thank you for the superb review. We are extremely excited to learn of your positive experience and cannot wait to welcome you back. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I can personally make the arrangements.
Oegstgeest, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hotel was in the middle of a renovation when I stayed there. Seems like it wants to become a boutique hotel, but to me it felt like they didn't really choose yet regarding what customers to target. The decoration wasn't showing one consistent style (yet).
Room was good, quiet en clean, staff at the reception extremely helpful. Only two small elevators, which is not very handy if you're staying on the 10th floor. Location is great, right in the center of New York

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hello Karlijn V : Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are an established boutique hotel executed by designer Steve Lewis, and have been critically acclaimed by various outlets in the industry as top of the line. We continuously received positive reviews on our décor, and all of our state-of-the-art amenities were selected with our guests utmost comfort in mind. I am disappointed to learn that you felt otherwise. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com if you would like assistance with arranging a return stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've read the bad reviews and I have to disagree and clear a few things up. This is Manhattan, real estate is expensive and space is very limited. That being said, forget about room size and other comforts, You will or should be spending 90% of your waking time outdoors anyway. The location cannot be beat. Steps from Broadway, a few blocks from 5th Avenue, a few blocks from Rockefeller Center, a few blocks from Central Park and right on top of Times Square.

Room Tip: Choose the lower floors (up to 5th floor) and use the internal stairway next to the elevator. Much f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evan William N
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello Evan William N : Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are indeed in a fantastic area to stay in; it’s unquestionable accessibility to all locations and sites in NYC are extremely convenient. We would welcome the opportunity to have you for a return visit. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so that I may personally facilitate your reservation.