“Poor experience from beginning to end” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #330 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Poor experience from beginning to end”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My friend booked a weekend here with his girlfriend a few months ago, but they broke up a week before the weekend, so I hopped on board and came along from Boston. I love going to NYC for weekend getaways, but this was one of my worst experiences. I ended up paying him for the entire reservation before going as a treat on me because he was very sad about his girlfriend. We switched from a king to two doubles for obvious reasons, but had to go to a lower floor, which was extremely noisy. The air conditioner was also very noisy in our room. The decor got me excited when we first showed up, because it does come off as a nice hotel. The staff during our stay was terrible though. We ordered room service, which they forgot about, and when I called back after an hour they appologized and said they were hurry the order. After another 45 min they STILL charged full price, and the staff member acted pissed off when I said I shouldn't have to tip at that point. Then, after going out, we got back to the room and I had a yellow stain in the sheet that was on the bed. They were quick to come change it out, but still....it was gross. The second day was a little better, but the concierge acted annoyed that we were indecisive about a club to go to the following night. Had they helped us out, we would have tipped them $100 to get us in somewhere. Sunday I asked for late check out, and they gave me 12:00 p.m and said 1:00 p.m. would be $75 extra.

I read the mixed reviews on here and realize I have never reviewed before, so wish I had it in me to give this place another try just in case, but it is just not worth the money if it wasn't a great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bobmurf22
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Hello Bobmurf22 : Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. Reviews for our property have been overwhelmingly positive and I am troubled to hear that your experience was not a good one. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered, In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com, so that I can personally assist with your arrangements. I know that sincere words of apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future
Gautam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Small boutique hotel with delightful decor done in black,white and gray with the most comfortable bed ever.. very convenient location and very helpful hotel employees...we would definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: Request a quieter floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carol2013627
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Hello Carol2013627 : Thank you so much for reviewing your stay . I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience, and we look forward to your next visit!
Hollywood, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Night is a great location right off 47th and Broadway on Times Square. The room was typically small for NYC. We paid for a "Queen Room" but had a double bed. The "strobe" light (fire alarm) in our room had my husband calling the front desk at 2 am and the call was not answered. After a trip to the lobby in the middle of the night, we were assured that all was well. Bottom line, we don't spend much time in our room when we are in the city. The room was acceptable and the location was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Hello Elaine V : Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your time in residence and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

In a few words:
1. location is great
2. rooms are small and the bathrooms tiny and simple
3. air-condition is rather noisy, in auto mode they sound like a 747 during take off, so are the doors when they latch.
4. still the rooms are overall very clean and if you are out and about most of the time ok
5. Bar at Aspen Social Club was nice, good place for a night cap each evening
6. the Concierge team, specifically Walter was brilliant, give him your ideas for dinner, he'll have the restaurant, ask him for sightseeing he has the insight. He is a true ambassador for the hotel and really good in his trade, he can make the difference!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Maty1967
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hello Maty1967 : Thank you for your feedback. It’s extremely pleasing to learn that you had a good experience while in residence. Walter will be very excited to hear of the recognition to his continued exemplary services rendered. All of our staff strives to exceed guest expectations and we are delighted to hear that this was accomplished with your stay. Should we have the opportunity to host you again in the near future, then please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I can personally make the arrangements.

Cheers!
Clay, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We bought the hotel under a different name (The Stay) and were worried when it changed but it was in a perfect location. We expected small rooms and it wasn't nearly as small as we imagined. Lobby was very nice and had free wifi (rooms do not). It was so convenient to walk to restaurants, shopping, etc (7th and 4. We would definitely stay here again. We had to laugh though, our special included wine and chocolate and the chocolate was a Hersey bar sitting on the desk.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sallyodo
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hello Sallyodo :Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent experience. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your time in residence and we do hope to welcome you back in the future. Please reach out to me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so that I can personally assist with your accommodation arrangements.
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in March 2013 after this hotel had just changed its name to "Stay Hotel". Very lovely decor and great customer service. We had a King size room, which really lovely. Only drawback is you can hear everything going on outside and it really is the City that never sleeps!!! We were on 7th floor, but due to the noise, didn't get a great night's sleep. We moved first thing in the morning (down-grading to a standard double and getting a refund) and enjoyed the rest of our stay, as we then slept really peacefully.

Only other drawback is that the lifts can sometimes be very slow. This did not affect our stay in any way though. There is free Wi-Fi in the reception area, which has comfy chairs to lounge in.

We would definitely stay here again, as it is a great location, but will be asking for a room at the back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are only standard rooms, but the quality of sleep will be much better...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hello Melbags: We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologize for not being able to provide you with a restful first night amidst all the commotion that comes to be heard in NYC. Thank you for considering to stay with us again. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com, so I can personally make the arrangements and ensure you have a memorable time in residence.

Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel looks really pretty online, but let me assure you that the experience is not what it appears. The rooms are SUPER small with no closet (there are racks that stick out of the wall that may have been okay, had they not been blocked by the lamp that is also hooked to the wall and that you can't move) and there was no bath tub. Because of the limited space the garbage can just sat out in the corner/in the way of your only possible path to your suitcase, which... you have no closet to store in.

The phones in the room are also overly complicated, and I am not a luddite. I had to use them twice to call down about room service (which they couldn't hear me and I literally had to yell my order at the top of my lungs) and then about the internet, which you had to pay for, though when I told them at the front desk that I'd want to do that they declined to tell me how to do so with their password and username that you have to set up.

Also, the elevators are literally the smallest and slowest of any hotel that I've ever stayed at in NYC, and I've been there over a dozen times for work visits. And there are only 2 elevators as well. While I was there one was also out of service, so I walked up and down the stairs to my room each morning and night except when I had my suitcase to check in and out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AJTM
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hello AJTM: At the outset, I would like to profusely apologize for your less than favorable experience during your time in residence with us. Our goal is to provide total satisfaction to our guests and we attempt to do so daily. In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com, so that I can personally assist with your arrangements. I know that sincere words of apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.