“Fine if traveling alone”
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #347 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 9, 2013

If you want to hang with the zombies in Times Square and traveling alone, this hotel is probably a good choice as it's right in the thick of it. The room was clean and modern...the mattress better than most, flat TV and remote worked well and the restaurant downstairs was fine. On the downside, the bathroom was poorly lit which made it difficult to shave and the room wasn't much larger than the bed. The only place to open my suitcase was to put it on the bed.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on a higher floor as not to be bothered by the nighttime music from the bar. If...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Heckboy
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Hello Heckboy : Thanks for taking the time to write your review – we do appreciate all feedback here, good or bad, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests.We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to NYC.
Gautam

Write a ReviewReviews (4,648)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel was originally called the "Stay" hotel but on our last night staying here they were bought over by the Wyndham hotels and changed to the Night Hotel Times Square, nothing changed for us except the banner outside the hotel!

On arrival staff were friendly, and helpful, i had previously emailed to ask for a floor high up as we would be there for part of the weekend and i had read reviews about noise from the bar downstairs and im such a light sleeper. On arrival sure enough staff told us the bar would be open to 4am on saturday night, but we were on the 9th floor and we heard nothing! infact i had the best nights sleep ever! the beds are sooo comfy. The hotel itself is right at Times Square, walk 20 seconds and your right bang in the middle of times square! the room was clean and small, but not as small as expected reading some of the reviews on here, there is plenty of room for storage, and we came with 2 very big suitcases and 2 cases for carry on and we had enough room! we had our room cleaned everyday no issues. you can get wifi in your room but its $9.95 for 24 hours so we just used the free wifi in the lobby or the business centre, although the computers in the business centre can be a little slow, but you can print things off etc. Also the lifts can be a bit slow, we were on the 9th floor out of 10 and we had to wait the maximum probably 5 minutes, they were usually only 1 or 2 minutes waiting on them.

We had breakfast one morning in the hotel and it was lovely, but expensive, we had pancakes each and a danish each and a drink and it came to near $50. There are shops right beside the hotel that have fresh fruit, yoghurts, sandwichs, pastries etc for cheaper, and then you have all the street sellers with bagels, hotdogs etc for cheap.

When leaving the hotel we were able to leave our bags and the person we left our bags with also organised us a ride to the airport in a lovely big escalade car which was nice, and it cost $85 going to newark airport. When getting cabs to and from airports, keep in mind the toll charges are usually extra and can be quite expensive as they have to leave you at the airport and then go back into the city so they can charge you for both ways, so make sure you ask how much it will be all included!

I would stay here again, and i would recommend to others!

Room Tip: Ask the hotel for a room high up if your staying on a weekend, as the bar downstairs opens late
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HolidayFreakxx

Hello HolidayFreakxx : Thank you for your elborate feedback and pictures. I am thrilled that you found our staff to be helpful and enjoyed your experience. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is pleasing to read that our mission was accomplished with your stay. Cheers,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The location is excellent, a stones throw away from Times Square, a short walk to Rockefeller Center. Everything is presented nicely and the rooms are kept well, with the exception of bathroom mold. Service by the staff was excellent, emptied the mini bar so we could use the fridge with stuff we had bought elsewhere. The rooms are small, smallest I have stayed in but I wouldn't say "too small" everything fit no worries, plus it is NYC, who spends time in their room? We arrived on a Thursday night and were told about the nightclub and was told that it would close at 11 PM, which it did, but come Friday and Saturday night it stayed open until 3 AM, which was quite loud when we were staying on the 2nd floor. We requested to change rooms as we were flying out rather early on a Sunday morning and they were more than happy to move us to a higher floor, after packing our stuff, they moved our bags for us. Will be staying next time in New York for sure.

Room Tip: Go above level 5 to be further away from the Nightclub noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello ScottyK86 : It was a true pleasure to have you as our guest, & thank you for reviewing your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Crappy hotel. When we checked in, the bathroom hadn't been cleaned properly -- there was hair and urine on the seat. We were confused as to whether the room had been changed at all, but it did appear that there were new linens, so it looks like someone had just done a bad job of it. The trash hadn't been emptied, either. Gross. And they charge you $9.95 for the internet per day, which you have to pay for every individual device you want to access it on (if you have two people and two laptops, yes, that means you have to pay $20). The woman who checked us in was nice, but the other workers we dealt with were abrasive and didn't try to be helpful. Rooms are also tiny. Location is good, though, if you don't mind putting up with the rest.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy Z
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Hello Tracy Z : I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. Reviews on our service have been overwhelmingly positive and I am troubled to hear that your experience was not a good one. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and re-assure you of our best intention at all times.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here at Stay. The room is "small", but not "small as a closet" as some ppl like to make it out to seem. It was more than enough space. Never felt closed in. Beautiful lobby. One of the best I've seen compared to other hotels I have stayed at through my life. It's in a good location if you plan to spend a lot of your time in the Time Square area. I stayed here this weekend because of an event I was going to Friday night and really didn't feel like having to go back to Newark afterwards. I'm glad I made this choice.

The next time I decide to have myself another lil mini vacation, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Hello Lytto : We are glad that you found everything shipshape, & cannot wait to welcome you back.
Cheers!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Fantastic price, location and service! After reading the reviews i was very worried about booking this hotel. Upon arrival on a friday night i was a bit shocked as the hotel was a nightclub also, but i was on the third floor and wasn't disturbed at all. The rooms are a little small but nothing to worry about, you can move around! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and i would definitely stay here again! The beds were really comfortable, and changed daily.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Many reviews point out that this hotel's strongest plus is it's location. Personally I would advise AGAINST tourists staying near Times Square. Because of the work trips I do, it is convenient for me.

This property is typical of many in Midtown, that began in the 80s renovating older buildings into "boutique" hotels. The biggest thing to watch for here is room size. The closest comparison is that they are akin to standard staterooms on Cruise-ships.

STAY, like many of its peers, has tiny tiny rooms by American standards. And there is also a lot of differences from room to room, as they attempted to upgrade them around the existing architecture. I had originally booked a queen room, but when I got there, the only one they had was just above the lobby. So I opted for a Standard on a higher floor. I think from the pictures that the Queens have more square-footage than the Standards.

The room I was in at Stay last week, had no closet. It had a hinged U-bar on the wall above the nightstand for hanging things. I have seen this before in these micro-rooms. I was only in for a one-nighter, so that didn't cause trouble. But also there was no place to store luggage, so stayed mostly packed.

Frequently the micro-hotels have only slightly serviceable bathrooms. Stay's was OK, bigger than some I have seen; perfectly acceptable. Oddball issue in the shower though. Originally these bathrooms had been renovated with a 2-foot wide panel of shower stall glass, but I guess they had discovered that too much water got out, so they also put in a shower rod and curtain, inside of the glass panel. They way it was installed in my particular bathroom, it only allowed for 12-16 inches wide of space inside the shower. And one of my personal pet peeves is having the shower curtain touching me while showering.

Excellent BOSE radio on the nightstand: Thanks! I hate it that so many "chic" hotels today only have iPod docking stations. Not an Apple owner here, and I like to have good ole-fashioned radio in the room.

Bed seemed superior quality. Easy to get-to electrical at the nightstand.

This hotel seems to be very popular with International Travelers. I enjoyed seeing and hearing Italian, Spanish, Brazilian, Latin Americans; on almost every trip through the Lobby.

Restaurant-Bar off the Lobby is a popular party location, so you might enjoy asking for a higher room.

2 very small elevators, so if you are going down during check-out time, expect a wait.

If you feel compelled to stay close to times-square, this hotel is excellent value. Quality operation. Clean rooms.

Room Tip: Opt for a Queen Room if you want a little more space; Ask for rooms 4th floor and above; Check showe...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business