“One of the smallest rooms i've ever stayed in” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #329 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Minneapolis
“One of the smallest rooms i've ever stayed in”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Decent location for proximity to main New York attractions, but not on a great street and had to be in the top two smallest rooms I've ever stayed in. The clothes hangers in the closet-like contraption actually hung over my nightstand - and thank god for that, because that was the only place to put anything down. Really dark room with a tiny window, no place to put down even a suitcase since it didn't fit in the 12 inch space on either side of the bed. The bathroom, small as it is, actually felt more spacious. Lobby downstairs was nicely decorated but pretty useless - not enough seating space, and no user-friendly features like water or coffee or anything. The elevators took forever to arrive. We ate breakfast at the restaurant and it took over 35 minutes to get our orders for a group of 6. Bottom, line next time, i would spend a few dollars more and go with a full service, more user-friendly option.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Hello elainasim: Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I would like to apologize for your less than favorable experience during your recent visit. In an effort to provide you with one that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back to Stay. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com, so that I can personally assist with your arrangements.
It’ll be an honour to have you stay with us again .
Gautam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I can not believe you could get a better location for the touristy sights of new york for the price. It is a few yards from Times Square, has a smart lobby and a modern room. We had a really good three days there.

I have rated the hotel a four as I want to recommend it but there were two things that I was disappointed with -

1) The lighting in the room is terrible. That is an odd criticism I know, but a large part of it has no lights, leaving you to fumble around in your luggage without seeing what you are doing, and rendering the only full length mirror useless. Some might say saving me from the sight of my own face is a positive, but it meant that my outfits were even less coordinated than usual.

2) We made an international call from our room on Christmas day. It turns out we were very niave as it costed an absolute fortune. What annoyed us was that there was absolutely no information as to the likely cost, and before I made the call I spoke to reception to confirm how we go about it. At no stage was any effort made to warn me that a 6 minute call would compare in cost to a night's stay. When it came to light on check out, the receptionist had absolutely no empathy for our situation - i appreciate that we owed what we owed, but we felt cheated in this instance.

Room Tip: Take a torch
Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Gibbo9871 : Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We’ve duly noted your suggestions and I apologize for the lighting not being to your satisfaction. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the inordinate international call charges you incurred, and re-assure you of our best attention & timely resolution at all times. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Brick,NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Booked this hotel for my birthday celebration for one night by reading reviews on Trip Advisor.I booked a 2 bedroom room for four girlfriends. We were pleasantly surprised how large the room was.The bedding was clean and comfy. We have stayed at other hotels and are use to rooms being quite tiny in NYC. So it was roomy for 4 people getting ready to go paint the town! The bathroom was a good size too with a walk in shower (which was great) with all the toiletries you would need. The room came with 2 bathrobes also and a safe.
We were located on the 9th floor and it was fine , but the elevator was a little slow and small but there are 2 elevators and one is around the corner from the other but the display will tell you what floor each lift is on.
The hotel is steps away from Times Square and perfect if you are going to a show in the Theater District.
The decor of the lobby is funky but cool and the lounge was open until the wee hours. We got back to the hotel around 4am and things were still going in the lounge/bar.
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LisaandJohnBrick_NJ
Hello LisaandJohnBrick.. : It was our true pleasure to host your stay, and thank you for making our hotel the backdrop for your birthday celebrations! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the amenities offered, and found the location favorable. Should you require assistance in arranging a return stay, then please contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com
Cheers!
Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We arrived well before the 3pm check in time but had no problem getting checked in early,the room was a bit smaller than expected(we were upgraded to a queen room after I emailed the hotel to request a high floor)but ideal for the amount of time we actually spent in it,clean but they lack storage space for cases,free wi-fi in the lobby otherwise you need to pay for the privilage.The best thing about Stay is the location,Times Square & Broadway on your doorstep with 5th Avenue,Macy's for those who want to shop & The Rockefeller Center & The Empire State within walking distance.One downside is the LIFTS...or the lack of them...2 small lifts....one that was temperamental and seemed to work when It wanted.Overall the Hotel staff & location make this hotel a good choice for those wanting to be near to the sights & sounds of NY.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hello StephG70: It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us- Thank you!
We appreciate your kind words for our team, and are pleased to know that you found our location favorable and to your convenience.
Should we have the opportunity to host you again in the near future, then please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com so I can personally make the arrangements.
Kind Regards,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I know hotel rooms in NY tend to be tiny, but at this hotel, depending on the size of your bag and shopping, you need to jump from the bed directly into the bathroom. The elevator is indeed a problem - when you are inside it, you tend to think it is not moving. We were in the 5th floor so we could use the stairs, which we did a lot of times. Very small option of channels on the TV, and no free wifi in the rooms, only at the lobby, which I think is unjustifiable at this point in time, and considering the prices we pay. For those who really want to be beside Times Square though, it is definitely a good location. The last day I moved into Sanctuary, which is right in front of Stay, and although it is more expensive, it's a much much better option with the same location.

Room Tip: Considering the problem with the elevator, I strongly suggest a lower floor. I didn't have any p...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello Fabiane G : Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We’ve duly noted your suggestions, and are disappointed that you were less than comfortable. The room allotted was in accordance to your reservation received. We do have larger rooms that can be booked; rooms provided are based on the price point and actual room size reserved. We’d love for you to experience one of our larger rooms on your next visit & ensure that you’ve a memorable stay. Please mail me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com so I can personally make the arrangements.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

When we arrived in NYC, our first visit, our two bedroom apt was no longer available. A blessing in disguise. Our friend found this hotel for us in thirty min after searching the net. My husband and I got our own room and it was a third the price of the apt. Room smaller than my closet. No coffee maker, but delicious coffee next door. No view, but was quiet. Red flashing light above bed, annoying. Free wifi in lobby. Perfect location as we went to several broadway shows. Was in joe's grill, next door, on their last night. Multi-millionaire bought property and is building huge hotel. Kind of sad. Food was wonderful there. Cheesecake, divine. Changed our linens every day, which is not the rule for extended stays. Room was clean. Did not eat at hotel restaurant. We were on 6th floor, friends were on 7th. We had huge window wells in room and bathroom for luggage. Ask for that.

Room Tip: Ask for large window wells in room and bathroom for luggage. No closets or place for luggage.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Hello Debbie E : I value your descriptive and constructive feedback and thank you for taking the time to provide us with the details of your experience. While our rooms are not the largest in NYC, I would assure you they are average in size and a value for their price. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your time in residence and we do hope to welcome you back in the future. To keep abreast of what’s going on at the hotel, please check out our Stay. hotel page on Facebook.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

The best thing about Stay is definately the location, it is a 30 second walk from times square. The hotels decor is very nice and the staff are very helpfull. We were very please when we arrived at the hotel as the receptionist told us they had upgraded us to a queen room for free! The room was very very big (for a room in NYC) but we had no wardrobe, which was very strange, so we had to live out of our suitcases. The rooms are nice, and the bathroom is fine, we brought alot of dvds to watch at night as on the website it said each room had a dvd player, but it turned out we didnt, we also didnt get the dressing gowns that are mentioned on the site. The view is great from your window, the bar downstairs seemed very lively and fun but as we are 19 we couldnt go and have a drink. The two downsides to the hotel are definately the LIFTS!! There is only two, and they take an extremely long time, sometimes we took the stairs and we were on the top floor! The second downside was that the walls must be so so thin as you can hear every word the rooms next door are saying. This woke me up most mornings. But overall the hotel was great and i would stay there again. If you want a great location CHOOSE STAY!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Kaaaazza: We appreciate that you took the time to post your review.We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your time in residence and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.
Best wishes,