“STAY right in Times Square New York”
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #331 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Lurgan, United Kingdom
“STAY right in Times Square New York”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Having flights cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy i stayed fro two nights at STAY, Times Square. The hotel has a perfect location and staff were very helpful and freindly. My room was quite small but had everything I needed, the bed was really comfortable, the room was quiet, only thing missing was a kettle, but rooms in the USA dont have a kettle !!! Hotel is only a 1 minute walk from the hype of activity of Times Square. More to my taste and only a short walk or bus ride away heading north is Central Park, well worth a visit if you want to esape that hussle and bussle and just enjoy God's creation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anita D
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello rainbow-dove: Thank you for your glittering review. We’re excited to learn that you had a great experience and cannot wait to welcome you back.
Best wishes for the New Year!
Gautam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had planned my trip to New York 10 months in advanced for my 30th birthday. I had done a lot of research into hotels so when I found "stay" i was more then excited. I read some good and not so good reviews and even had a laugh about peoples complaints about the lifts. I mean how bad could they be, right? WRONG!

First complaint: My husband and i booked the hotel for 9 nights . We spent the money to upgrade the size of the room and the size of the bed which approx cost us an extra $600.
unfortunately due to work commitments my husband couldn't make the trip. Instead my mum was coming with me. I contacted the hotel to see if they would change our bed arrangements from a king to 2 singles/doubles. I personally didn't think this would be a problem considering every other hotel in America (4) which we were visiting did it without a problem, but stay did. After many emails back and fourth they wanted me to pay and extra $300+tax to change the configuration of the bed. I couldn't understand this considering A. We had already upgraded. B. The hotel allowed a 24hour no charge cancellation. Surely they would have lost more money if i had cancelled 24 hours prior then to just change the bed! I accepted to leave the room as it was and decided to stay anyway.

We arrived off a very gruelling 25 hour flight and arrived at the hotel at around 11pm only to be greeted by a very unfriendly lady at front desk. We just shrugged it off as we were very excited about our first stay in nyc.
The hotel was ok. The room was a fairly good size for New York (I didn't think it was worth the $600 upgrade, but it didn't matter. The location was amazing! We couldn't of asked for a better location.
Complaint 2: With our booking was included wifi. After connecting our devices to it I couldn't work out why it would accept my device and not my mums. I went down to concierge to again be greeted by a guy who really didn't seem to want to help me. He told me that the wifi that was included in the hotel package was only for 1 device. I seriously couldn't understand this considering wifi is for multiple devices. I shrugged and walked away.

The first 3 nights were great. Hardly any outside noise even though we were facing the street.
Complaint 3: By the 4th night we arrived back at the hotel at 11pm. Only to be greeted by a nightclub attached to the hotel. The noise was ridiculous! you honestly couldn't hear yourself think. We had been on the run all day so we decided to call it a night. When we arrived up to our room the floors were vibrating. We got into bed feeling like we literally had a speaker blaring right next to our ears. It was a joke. We phoned reception to ask when the party would be over, he said 12:30am. Not too bad. 1:30am. The music was still blaring. we phoned again. This time he said 2:30am. By 2am i had enough. I went downstairs to speak to someone. Nobody was at front desk which was really annoying. As i turned around to go back up to my room i heard somebody behind the desk. YES he was hiding!!! i went straight up to him and told him this was ridiculous and i had asked for them to turn the music down. He told me he had asked several times, but they wouldn't. I went outside to see if i could speak to the bouncer on the front door only to be greeted by a cop who was also attending to many other complaints about the noise. He asked me to wait while he spoke to security. The security came up and apologised for the noise followed by "Its going to be worse the next 4 nights". I then went back to the manager who claimed to be looking after the front desk and asked if i could get my money back for tonights night considering i hadn't slept. He told me the manager would call me 8 am the next morning.
8:10AM Still no call from the manager so i decided to once again go downstairs to talk with somebody. I was then greeted by a girl behind the counter with SO much attitude you would think she hadn't slept all night.
8:30am Manger decides to call me. I asked for a refund on the previous night stay and i also asked if i could have the next 4 nights refunded to my card as i was not going to be staying any longer. He agreed and was extremely apologetic. He also offered us a free breakfast before we left. I told him we were just packing up our stuff and would be down in 30minutes.

Complaint 4: THE LIFTS: after 30 minutes of packing we were ready to leave. It took another 20 minutes for the lift to even arrive at our floor. These lifts during our whole trip were SLOW! It always took at least 10 minutes of arriving and when it did it could only fit 4 ppl at a time in it. It never stopped at the floor you wanted it to either.

This hotel is very, very good for location, but if you expect customer service to be included in the price then you are wasting your time with this hotel. I never expect much of people, but when i am paying over $250 per night i do expect friendly reception staff and a bed that doesn't vibrate cause the music playing downstairs is so loud.
My husband and i are planning on returning back to New York in the middle of this year and we will definitely NOT be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Stella B
Dear Stella B: We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. Reviews on our service have been overwhelmingly positive and I am troubled to hear that your experience was not a good one.
We focus considerable effort on training our staff to ensure consistency in effective service deliverance & bottom-line results. We shall further strengthen our initiatives in this direction based on your feedback.
I know that sincere words of apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Best wishes for the New Year
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is modern, the lobby is very nice.
Did not like our room since it was very small and the bed was not that comfortable.
But the location is great, steps from times square and with the metro very close. Would definitely stay there agian.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Tishcadena : Thank you for writing. It’s pleasing to learn that you overall enjoyed your time in residence at Stay. We look forward to your return.
Best wishes for the New Year!
Brisbane
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in November the location to time square is perfect it's approx 50 metres the staff were very helpful we asked for a room on. A high floor and the next day we were there with a view ( not a great view ) bunt we could see some of the Signs in time square

The concierge Ana was fantastic she is a wealth of knowledge and an asset to the hotel she arranged the tours broadway shows, ours trip was that much better because of her.

We will be back in NYC. And look forward to this hotel again there is an Irish pub next door another great night

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors with a view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello GregPB : We’re very excited to learn of your experience and thank you for your kind words. It’s feedback like yours that works as a great motivational tool for our team members, & makes us further strengthen our initiatives in this direction.
Best Wishes for the New year!
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed December 31, 2012

very nice hotel in Times Square I really enjoyed my stay there
place is close to everything
subway station only 2 minute walk from hotel
5th ave is 3 minute wlaking
several fast food like Sparo are just one building away

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank waelOufy
Hello waelOufy : Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best wishes for the New Year.
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Firstly the location of this hotel is top class, just 100m from Times Square and about the same distance from several subway lines. We managed to get an upgrade upon arrival and also complimentary wifi. Also due to Sandy our flight was delayed by five days and we were able to keep our room for this extra time. We didn't have much to do with the staff but they sorted us out when we needed to stay on and were generally friendly. It did get a little noisy on Friday and Saturday evening, but we got over this by stopping out late and joining in the party! If I go to NY again I would stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello Cn174 : We’re excited to learn that you’d a pleasant experience while in residence at Stay. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com should you require assistance in arranging a return stay.
Best wishes for the New year!
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is not a luxury hotel. If you are looking for a clean place to stay in a midtown location, this may be the hotel for you. I stayed here in December with my 10 year old daughter for a girls' weekend where we went to see two shows and shopped midtown. The location can't be beat. The room was very small, but we weren't there very long and we only needed the room for two nights. It provided sufficient storage for our one piece of luggage and enough room in the closet for our clothes for the weekend. We travel light. The staff was friendly and some were even helpful. I did carry my own luggage to my room (it was only one small bag) and carried it to the storage area when we left our luggage at the hotel on the day of our departure. I consider myself fairly high maintenance when it comes to hotels, but I felt that through others' reviews and the hotel description I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting and I was not surprised or disappointed. I would probably not stay here for more than a weekend. I repeat this is not a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: The bar is open until 4AM. I imagine the rooms above the bar are noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Julie G
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Hello Julie G: We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in residence at Stay. and hope to welcome you back in the future. To keep abreast of what’s going on at the hotel, please check out our Stay. hotel page on Facebook.
Best Regards,