“Amazing stay”

Ranked #328 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brisbane
“Amazing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in November the location to time square is perfect it's approx 50 metres the staff were very helpful we asked for a room on. A high floor and the next day we were there with a view ( not a great view ) bunt we could see some of the Signs in time square

The concierge Ana was fantastic she is a wealth of knowledge and an asset to the hotel she arranged the tours broadway shows, ours trip was that much better because of her.

We will be back in NYC. And look forward to this hotel again there is an Irish pub next door another great night

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors with a view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello GregPB : We’re very excited to learn of your experience and thank you for your kind words. It’s feedback like yours that works as a great motivational tool for our team members, & makes us further strengthen our initiatives in this direction.
Best Wishes for the New year!
Gautam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

very nice hotel in Times Square I really enjoyed my stay there
place is close to everything
subway station only 2 minute walk from hotel
5th ave is 3 minute wlaking
several fast food like Sparo are just one building away

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank waelOufy
Hello waelOufy : Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best wishes for the New Year.
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Firstly the location of this hotel is top class, just 100m from Times Square and about the same distance from several subway lines. We managed to get an upgrade upon arrival and also complimentary wifi. Also due to Sandy our flight was delayed by five days and we were able to keep our room for this extra time. We didn't have much to do with the staff but they sorted us out when we needed to stay on and were generally friendly. It did get a little noisy on Friday and Saturday evening, but we got over this by stopping out late and joining in the party! If I go to NY again I would stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello Cn174 : We’re excited to learn that you’d a pleasant experience while in residence at Stay. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com should you require assistance in arranging a return stay.
Best wishes for the New year!
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is not a luxury hotel. If you are looking for a clean place to stay in a midtown location, this may be the hotel for you. I stayed here in December with my 10 year old daughter for a girls' weekend where we went to see two shows and shopped midtown. The location can't be beat. The room was very small, but we weren't there very long and we only needed the room for two nights. It provided sufficient storage for our one piece of luggage and enough room in the closet for our clothes for the weekend. We travel light. The staff was friendly and some were even helpful. I did carry my own luggage to my room (it was only one small bag) and carried it to the storage area when we left our luggage at the hotel on the day of our departure. I consider myself fairly high maintenance when it comes to hotels, but I felt that through others' reviews and the hotel description I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting and I was not surprised or disappointed. I would probably not stay here for more than a weekend. I repeat this is not a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: The bar is open until 4AM. I imagine the rooms above the bar are noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Julie G
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Hello Julie G: We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in residence at Stay. and hope to welcome you back in the future. To keep abreast of what’s going on at the hotel, please check out our Stay. hotel page on Facebook.
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great Hotel in the heart of the action ! - Very Modern Room - Great room service , Lobby bar was great as well. Now for the bad stuff :
There was not much i can say that was bad except we stayed in room 225 and on the Saturday night you might as well been in the club it is extremely loud ; Growing up in the city I am very much used to traffic noise - people screaming at all hours of the night etc etc so this did NOT bother me actually we fell asleep quite easily (i also have to give kudos to the coincerge who warned us this room is right above the club and very loud) - so you have been for warned . would go back in a heart beat - great STAY. no pun intended

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank frankt.o
Hello frankt.o: I am extremely delighted to learn of your pleasant experience during your time in residence with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com so I can personally assist in arranging a return Stay.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights from 10th December and will explain our experience. To qualify and quantify this review my partner and I both work in senior positions for major plc businesses in sales and customer service and feel we owe it to others to write a review.
On arrival we were met by Noah on reception who instead of greeting us was calling his work colleague lazy. We are relatively young so we took this as banter and laughed this off. Noah explained the hotel and facilities and we went off to our room on the 6th floor.
Walking into the room I actually walked into the bed. To say it was small is an understatement. When the porter arrived with our bags he struggled to fit them in! He then advised us to complain as we would be moved and this was the smallest room. Funny, I don't remember that option when booking. We booked on location not price.

*** First tip - ask to see your room prior to checking in/paying ***

My Fiancée went down to complain as the room was not fit for 6 nights stay and had no storage at all.
Noah had changed in the 10 minutes and spoke to her in a very abrupt fashion, stating if you want a bigger room you will have to pay. She explained we did not want a spacious room just a room that meant we could move around it without putting the suitcases in the hallway. Noah told her he did not see the rooms but gave her an alternative choice on the 2nd floor.
This was good enough as it had 4 coat hangers in a small cupboard and a desk to store the suitcases on.

The cleanliness was okay, nothing to particularly moan about, yes the air conditioning was load and therefore not used much but yet again this is not the end of the world.

On one occasion (11th) we were relaxing in the rear seating area of the lobby, using the wifi to plan various outings having purchased a few cocktails in the bar only to be moved on as the area was been used for an event. Not a problem but communication in advance would be nice.

***Second tip - when booking/checking in ask if any events will be taking place***

Talking of events, the above was a relatively high end do for Morgan Stanley from memory but on 13th a totally different event took place. This was extremely loud and went on into the next morning. Again, I don't have an issue with this and can often be found in these places but my bedroom (2nd floor) is not normally so involved. To put it in perspective my iPhone often vibrated on the bedside table with the base from the bar down the stairs.

This continued on the 14th and 15th, where on the latter we did not even sleep.

*** Third tip - Stay above the 6th floor if you value sleep***

As our flight was at very early Sunday, we needed to be there a few hours prior and booked a taxi via the porter, after 20 mins waiting, at 420am we realised it was not coming and reception could not contact them so ended up flagging a taxi outside.

After the issues leaving, which also included a receptionist claiming I was wrong and had unpaid bar bills (Which ended up been another rooms but they put it under my room) and not getting an apology, it was fair to say I will never venture away from the Marriott/Hilton brands again when visiting NYC.

If you do not believe what I have written please make sure you just follow the three tips and enjoy your stay in this fantastic city.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank DazMc
Hello DazMc: Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back to Stay. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com, so that I can personally assist with your arrangements. I know that sincere words of apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a review of the hotel, but more importantly a review of one of it's staff. When I first heard of the hotel, I checked the reviews here, some good and some bad, however I have been one to believe that 'different strokes for different folks'. So I started corresponding with them and kept an open mind.
I was fortunate enough to have Walter Carmona respond and it was an encounter I would never forget. From the every first email to meeting him in person upon my check-in, I was not disappointed. I was booking to celebrate my birthday 12-12-12. So this trip had to be just as memorable as the day itself. I wanted to be right in Times Square and I love the smaller boutique hotels where I do not feel like one of hundreds.
Upon my arrival at LaGuardia, I was taken care of as Walter had helped me arrange a shuttle for my transport to the hotel. I was picked up by the shuttle at the airport and to the hotel with the only delay being the traffic of NYC. I checked in and got my room and settled into my room which was spacious for me (the pictures on this site made me think it was smaller) not sure if that had anything to do with the upgrade but my room was really nice. They took account my preferences and I was not disappointed in my accomodations. Also upon hearing it was my birthday I had a nice birthday treat waiting for me in my room. When planning my day in NYC, Walter made sure I had the information, map, written directions and he even gave some great recommendations and 'local' advice to ensure that I had a great time on my birthday trip. He also arranged my shuttle trip back to the airport on my departure and took into account traffic etc. to ensure that I would not be late and had plenty of time to check-in and not feel rushed. He was right and I was able to spend the day enjoying NYC and still beat the rush hour traffic to the airport.
I cannot say I have any complaints, I only have good things to say. . .the staff were friendly and great to chat with and kudos to Walter for being an all-around great guy!
The hotel is steps (I literally mean steps not even a 1/2 block) away from Times Square and has a great price point for the area. I will definitely come back!

P.S. If you go, though you can speak with anyone as they are all a great bunch, I would say you will not be disappointed if you seek out Walter.

Room Tip: Please let them know your preference ahead of time so that you can express your concerns etc. in ord...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Hello ATORONTO_121... : I am thrilled that you found our staff to be extremely helpful and enjoyed your experience. We strive to exceed our guest’s service expectations and it is pleasing to read that our mission was accomplished with your stay.
Cheers,