“Mixed Results”

Ranked #327 of 467 Hotels in New York City
new york city
“Mixed Results”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

All the rooms are very tiny that we couldn't move in the room. The shiny lobby and the photos on the web are not the same. The restaurant is also not as quiet as I wanted it to be. The location on the other hand is in a prime spot near Rockerfeller center.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hello Luis :Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. While our rooms are not the largest in NYC, I would assure you they are average in size and a value for their price. The property photos are all very real,& reviews about our interiors have been overwhelmingly positive thus so far. I would be happy to discuss your experience further if you should like to contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com.
Gautam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

The bedding was clean. The rooms were badly lit and the bathroom was in need of attention and a deep clean.

We are currently trying to find out why $14 was added onto our card after check out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Hello Trodie: Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take cleanliness and maintenance of our rooms extremely seriously, and I’m quite disappointed to learn that you felt we missed the mark. I apologize for the billing discrepancy. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com, so I can look into the charge & make the necessary amendments.
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights. After reading about the other reviews, I was a bit nervous about the size of the rooms, so tried to prepare myself. We also booked our room on the 8th floor as we did not want the noise from the bar...and how lucky we did!! The bar was rented out on 2 occassions, while we were there, for a private party and they were loud!
The first impression of our room was good. I imagined it much smaller. We had enough room to store our suitcases on the floor but the "wardrobe" was small. We only hung up essential items. Bed was comfy, bathroom was small...It could do with an update, our sink had a hairline crack, which did not make it look nice. We did not have a problem with the door keys, there is a small arrow on the card, which shows the way you have to use it.
The aircon in the room was very noisy, which was suprising for NY, where everything is airconditioned. We only turned it on, when we left the room. There are air con units on the side of the building as well, which humm, but this is NY and it is noisy.
Some of the staff were really friendly, especially the cleaners and door staff, but the rest were pretty unfriendly. I`m not sure if that was the NY mentality though...
The location of the hotel is fab....It is 5 seconds walk from Times Square and we could see the M&M billboard from our room.
The lobby area looks nice and shiny, the lift is slow, but again, we went prepared and did not mind walking down the stairs a few times instead.
Would I return?---Yes, with an upgrade
Would I recommend?-- Probably, again, only with an upgrade.

Room Tip: Book room on 8th floor or above
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Bubbly81:Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Reviews on our service have been overwhelmingly positive and I am troubled to hear that your experience with some of our team members wasn’t to your satisfaction. We truly appreciate all the information you have provided to us; it’s our goal to constantly improve & rectify the shortcomings highlighted by you.
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have visited Stay hotel 2 days ago.All the rooms are soooo tiny that we couldn't move in the room without bomb each other ( 2 persons) !!! Even after they "upgrade" us, we still got a tiny room (a nother one) The shiny lobby and the photos on the web are a BIG trap.More then that,they are managing a noisy bar on the first floor which wont let you sleep all night. I would give them 2 stars at max.

3 Thank Eyal S
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Hello Eyal S: Thank you for your feedback. Stay. Hotel rooms are not the largest but far from the smallest in NYC, if room size was or is a concern we do have larger rooms that can be booked-rooms provided are based on the price point and actual room size reserved. Lastly, Stay. Hotel promotions and photos are all very real and Times Square is a fantastic area to stay in NYC with its unquestioned conveniences to all locations and sites in NYC.I would be happy to discuss your experience further if you should like to contact me directly.
Mettingen, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Why should you after reading the header rely on my valuation Good question
We booked the hotel as we rely on the valuation in the Internet but within precise research or reading - most of them underpin or valuate the location to the Time Square- which is really excellent ! No doubt BUT

Roms so small no space to not bump each other
Assistant / Staff seems unmotivated some are unfriendly but might be behavior of Ny citizens
Not really clean instead of investing in a Bose system which was excellent - I will buy it - should invest in the bathroom - disgusting
Door keys needs to be released / re programmed every day
8 hangers and no space to store the baggage - we just lived out of the bags
Aircon incredible noisy we switched off our aircon but were entertained by our neighbors
Lift slow - we just walked
Carpet on the floor do not forget your slippers
Item was missing which were definitive left in the room - strange - management should investigate in this
Nice pub right next door
complimentary Internet really worked Great
I do not understand some describing 3 to 5 min to the Times Square its just around the corner

Recommend or book it again: NO definitive NO
Returned 5 days later re-bought the missing item and staying in Hudson A Morgan's - first impression| Better
So will review as well to be fair CU

3 Thank BKH911
Hello Brigit K : Thank for your elaborate feedback. Providing excellent customer service and product is our top priority and our goal is to exceed our guest expectations. I am disappointed to learn that you were less than comfortable.In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back to Stay. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com, so that I can personally assist with your arrangements.
Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in January this year. Prior to visiting them I liked them on Facebook, having commented on their page to say I was coming, they have me an upgrade which was great. It was just as well as my room was pretty small but that's to be expected in NY. Hotel was clean, most staff were friendly, some were not at all. If you want to stay so close to Times Square for a reasonable price this hotel is for you. The only aspect that put me off was the noise levels. I was woken up each night with sirens, bin men etc...Also I took the advise of other reviews of this hotel and avoided the hotel booking a cab to the airport as its much more expensive. Although the guy at hotel put a hard sell on!! I did enjoy but next time I visit NY ill be going somewhere a little more quieter. Ooh I'd recommend the Irish bar next door-had an unforgettable evening there.

• Stayed January 2012
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Hello Worth70 : Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do appreciate your valuable feedback here- good or bad, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests. In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back to Stay. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com, so that I can personally ensure you have a positive & a memorable experience.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My fiancé and I just came back from a 3 night stay here. Rooms are adequate, service was exceptional, location is prime. You are close enough to all the action, but far enough away to escape the madness when need be. We really enjoyed our stay here and would have no concern about booking at this location again.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay on the 5th floor or higher. The club can get a little noisy, which radiates up to t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Joe T : We are thrilled that you and your fiancée enjoyed your trip to NYC and your experience at Stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.