“Great Location”
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #339 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 6, 2012

After reading some mixed reviews on this hotel, arrived with an open mind. As we checked in early evening the only King room available was on 2nd floor which before I even had chance to ask to be moved, was offered a chance to change the room next day. As our day of arrival was a Thursday our first room wasn't actually too noisy. The hotel had advised us to leave all our bags packed in our room and they would move everything for us, which they did up to the 8th floor - hassle free! The rooms were bigger than I expected (opinion formed by others comments on here prior to my visit) although I had booked a King Room and facilities were fine (the bed was extremely comfy). The air con is a little noisy and I did have to turn it off once or twice to be able to sleep. Yes the bathroom is a slightly strange layout and could do with a shelf or something to put your toiletries on but was fine. The lifts were a little slow but with there being 2, you could work out which would be quickest or just walk down the stairs. A lovely bar area with great staff and atmosphere. The best thing about the hotel is the location, a stone's throw from Times Square which was perfect for all our sight seeing plans. Reading back over some of the reviews, I think people have been a little unfair and are expecting too much. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and would also stay again myself.

Room Tip: Try and book a King room and the higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MandaPanda2011
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Hello MandaPanda2011:Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent experience at Stay. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your time in residence and we do hope to welcome you back in the future. To keep abreast of what’s going on at the hotel, please check out our Stay. hotel page on Facebook.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Tiny, I mean even for NYC or Paris...Tiny rooms.

Bathroom:
Incredibly small.
No stopper in the sink.
Terrible lighting.
Marked up walls.
Mold on the grout in the bathroom stall. Chipped paint on the get this wall mounted metal tissue dispenser...as in a doctors office.

Tiny rooms:
You cannot walk past the bed to get to the bathroom unless you turn sideways and lean out of the way of the TV.
You cannot take the iron or ironing board out of the closet without moving the chair from the desk.

Not a business persons hotel. The desk was unusable as the chair - non office-non rolling barely fits underneath...requiring you to bang your knees into the desk.

The wifi was awful...it was faster by far to use my hot spot on my phone.
The room smelled of over used air freshener.
The bed was miserable...lumpy and old...

Oh...did I mention the room was incredibly small!

Stay Hotel - do yourself a favor - DON'T.

Room Tip: Dont go then you can get a good room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank traildawgz

Hello Traildawgz: Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are extremely disappointed that you were less than comfortable. Our goal is to provide total satisfaction to our guests and we attempt to do so daily. We take the cleanliness and maintenance of our rooms extremely seriously and will review our procedures since you felt we missed the mark. While our rooms are not the largest in NYC, I would assure you they are average in size and a value for their price.I would be happy to discuss your experience further if you should like to contact me directly at gkhanna@stayhotelny.com

Reviewed October 4, 2012

OVERVIEW: My review title says it all. Stay is very modern and well decorated but the location is incredible - just walk outside and you can see the red steps of Times Square. The hotel was immaculate and had everything I needed in a small space. Stay was a good jumping off point for my week in NYC. It was missing a few things (ice machines were not working; elevators dreadfully slow; small staff) but overall, NYC hotels are very expensive and Stay was a good value for its location alone. For the right price, you will love your stay at Stay.

LOCATION: Fantastic!!! You are in the heart of Manhattan at this hotel. It is mere steps to Times Square - you can see the red steps from the front door. I absolutely loved the location. Surrounded by everything - I wanted for nothing. I traveled all over Manhattan as the hotel location is very centrally located. Subway stations are very close. Theaters are close and it is restaurant and shopping galore. I walked everywhere! The location alone makes this hotel worth a try. It was a great price for a great location.

STAFF: The hotel seemed to be running a skeleton crew when I stayed with them. There were waits for the front desk and maid service was very slow (I requested extra towels and it took forever for them to be delivered.) The ice machine was not working on ANY of the floors so the staff would deliver ice from the bar/restaurant below - this also took a while. The staff was appropriate and polite and the front door man was very friendly and helpful. I had to handle my own bags as it seemed the bellmen were elsewhere when I needed them. No matter - cabs frequent the avenue in front of the hotel so it was no problem.

CLEANLINESS: Very clean. Room was immaculate and common areas were spotless. Bed linens were clean and towels were fine. Bathroom was very clean.

SERVICES: No extras here. You could order from the restaurant below for room service though I did not partake. There is no on-site gym but I believe there was access to a gym nearby. I never saw the concierge at his/her desk but the hotel advertises concierge service. No breakfast unless you went to the restaurant below called the "Aspen Social Club." Aspen looked more like a bar than a restaurant so I was not tempted as there are so many incredible food choices outside the hotel. For a quick bite, there is a cute little cafe just two or three doors down that opens early and closes late (the cafe reminded me of the coffee shop from Seinfeld) and a small market next door to the cafe.

ROOM: I loved my room. Very modern, clean. I am a small person so the small bathroom and narrow spaces between the bed and window did not bother me in the least. My shower had a window that opened so the fresh air was great! Tiny closet - tiny desk. Room safe was fine. There was a small mini-bar. No refrigerator or coffee in the room. I was on an upper floor and the elevators were so slow and small they were in demand or full. There is a stairway I ended up taking quite frequently because waiting for the elevators was very, very long and I wanted to get on with my day. Keep this in mind if you have a choice to stay on a lower floor.

AMENITIES: All the basics were there - bathroom toiletries were fine. Hairdryer was provided. Nothing lacking but nothing extra.

CONCLUSION; Overall, this was a good fit for me. I was traveling solo and I felt very safe at Stay. Moreover, the location allowed me to walk everywhere and to be in the heart of Manhattan. For two people, however, the rooms are pretty small but that is to be expected in NYC. I would most definitely stay at Stay again.

Cheers and happy traveling!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Denise D

Hello Denise D : Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your elaborate review-we do appreciate all feedback here- good or bad, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your time in residence and we do hope to welcome you back in the future. To keep abreast of what’s going on at the hotel, please check out our Stay. hotel page on Facebook.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We are just home from a two week trip to the states we stayed three nights in the Stay hotel and all i can say is its location is AMAZING , it doesnt look like much outside but inside the reception is modern spotless and the staff were just lovely to deal with , when we got to the room i was a little surprised it was so small but to be honest your in new york you wont be in the room that much its compact but has everything you need not to mention a plasma tv that makes you feel like your in the cinema . W e are a young couple great for pubs shows and times square madness . great spot

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Debbie F: We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in residence at Stay. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at The Stay for work. Nice modern hotel located in Times Square. The rooms are small like most NY hotels- but that also means that the bathroom is pretty tiny. The only thing that bothered me about the room was the lighting. The lighting in the bathroom is pretty bad- not good for putting on makeup at all. And, there's just a tiny little shelf above the sink that hardly holds anything- luckily there was a window sill that could hold my hairdryer and some makeup.

All in all- a great hotel for a short stay.
Close to Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Theater, Times Square...

Room Tip: No views of Times Square- so go for a lower level room if you can. There are only two very tiny ele...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hello Ashlyns_mom: We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in residence at Stay. Thank you for sharing your photos and taking the time to post your review. I value your descriptive and constructive feedback . We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

An amazing hotel a minute's walk away from Times Square - a lovely atmosphere in the lobby, restaurant and in the (cozy but very clean and comfortable) rooms. The service was always friendly and efficient and I just couldn't believe how close it was to the action!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Lisa C : We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience at Stay. Stay. connected with us on Facebook. We look forward to host your next trip to NYC.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

just back from six days in new york at the stay hotel what a location right in the heart of times square hotel was very modern staff were helpfull and polite from time we arrived to the time we left we had a problem with our pick up and the staff sorted it out with a few phone calls the rooms were spotless and were cleaned every day the room was compact but you dont go to new york to sit in a room there was a nice bar downstairs very modern theme overall i could not fault the hotel and i will be back

Room Tip: we had the queen room bose radio and flat screen tv
2  Thank Paul W

Hello Paul W: We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in residence at Stay. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,