“Expect the unexpected (in a great way)!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #328 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Southern Cal
“Expect the unexpected (in a great way)!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Loved staying at the Stay Hotel.

While the tag line is "Party all night, sleep all day" - as a business traveler I did not find it to be an issue. I ate at the restaurant for breakfast twice (both times they were out of some items because of the "party all night" thing, but the servers were very accommodating. Dinner was good and they had all of the items on the menu.

The staff were very friendly and the rooms were very clean. Starbucks 2 doors away (pretty good) and a Staples print center 2 blocks. The Mediterranean restaurant across the street was awesome (as well as the Indian restaurant across the street and up the block).

Room Tip: High
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
StayManager, General Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
JimEveryCountry, I am pleased to learn that you were comfortable and enjoyed your experience at Stay. while in NYC for business. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to the big apple. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Best regards,
Christopher Mallon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

My friends and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night for a bachelorette party. The location is INCREDIBLE...literally right in times square! The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were clean, comfortable, and well-decorated. They provided bathrobes and great eco-friendly bath products.

The rooms with only 1 bed are very small (so is the bathroom), but the rooms with 2 beds are much larger. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful as well. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Book a room with 2 beds for more space!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
South Bend, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I was in NYC for the two great ballet companies: NYC Ballet and American Ballet Theatre. I chose Stay for its perfect location, its style and its price. My room was small, but I knew it would be and I was fine with that. It was elegant and had every amenity that all good hotels offer. The nice bathrobes became especially important to me. The staff was friendly and efficient, especially Walter, the concierge. I loved my three days of ballet performances and my little home away from home to return to every evening. On my last night, I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and was violently ill. After more than an hour of desperate illness, I managed to get my cell phone and call 911. I was too weak to put my clothes on, so I wore the Stay robe to the ER. (The nurses thought it was beautiful.) When I was released from the hospital later that day, I had missed my flight and my checkout time. The Stay staff was really helpful getting me back on track. Every person I saw asked me how I was feeling and really wanted to help me out. That meant a lot to a woman traveling alone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
SuzyQSB, Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased that we could be of assistance and provide comfort to you while you were in residence. The staff and I were happy to see that you were feeling better when you departed. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to NYC to take in a marathon of ballet.
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

I was at the Stay Hotel three nights on business earlier this week. Upon my arrival, they had no notice of my Corporate Travel Agency's notification of payment (sent two days earlier and confirmed by their reservation office).

I have stayed in small rooms before, but having no access to the nook in the wall they call closet because furniture actually blocks it, is definitely a first for me. That made for crinkly business clothes the next day.

The deadbolt on the door did not work.
Upon arriving at their restaurant for breakfast, they have the nerve to charge you a service fee (euphemy for forced gratuity) for a pretty much self-service meal.

My room was not made in 36 hours despite various requests from me and having heard the front desk clerk literally call on a maid over the radio asking to clean the room.

Several fixtures like drawer pulls were broken or stuck.
After three days, they still could not locate the person in their reservation department that had processed payment since last week for my room. The hotel had the nerve to charge my personal credit card, which they had on hodl for extras, for the full stay, thus duplicating payment and having to reverse payment afterward and refund my card.

I had stayed at another Vikran Chatwal hotel before: Nigh Hotel. Great service, accomodations and overall experience there, but steer clear from the Stay Hotel if you are on a business trip, you'll spend far more time than you can afford to sorting tout heir own poor procedures. at $350 a night, one could expect far more than what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a back-facing room for less noise.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank K2335
StayManager, General Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear K2335, Thank you for choosing Stay. for your time in NYC, and apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while you were in residence. We pride ourselves on the level of service we are able to provide each guest, and we are looking into the issues you experienced. I hope you’ll give us another chance on your next trip to NYC. I would be happy to personally assist with your accommodation arrangements. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at cmallon@stayhotelny.com.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our fifth anniversary on 6/3/2011. It's true the rooms are small, but it was very clean and served it's purpose nicely. The lobby is lovely, our check-in could not have gone smoother. Even got an upgrade to Queen (get the queen) for the same price as a double. Come on people, you're in NEW YORK CITY! You are not here to stay in your room with Times Square just footsteps away. We are native New Yorkers and enjoyed our STAY in the city immensely.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
StayManager, General Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Dear MoJoSI, Happy Anniversary! We are pleased you enjoyed your weekend in NYC. We know how many hotel choices there are in the Big Apple and we would like to thank you for choosing Stay.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

The hotel is literally on Times Square, so is incredibly central if you want to be in the heart of it all. It looks amazing inside with trendy decor, stunning fish tanks in the lobby and the bar looked funky. I couldn't fault the decor.
We booked a small double, and it was the cheapest we could find for the location at £220 for the night including taxes. Other hotels in this area are twice that and then some and sometimes not even half as stylish. We have been to New York three times, staying twice in Times Square and once in lower Manhattan, so we know what are to excpect for our money. So yes the hotel room was tiny with just reasonable space to walk around the bed with a bedside table on one side and small desk on the other with a small bathroom.
However, the room was decorated in a dark gothic style which was good for sleeping and the bed and pillows were the most comfortable I have slept on, despite the fact the bed was a slightly smaller double. I had a great sleep.
The room had all the mod cons, a tv on the wall, a safe, an impressively stocked mini bar, even an iron and ironing board. In the bathroom they had a bathrobe and a hairdryer as well as eco friendly toiletries. I think this room would normally be for a solo traveller with most couples opting for a king room, but we didnt have a lot of luggage and didn't require a wardrobe as we were only there for one night, though I would still consider staying longer than that. I didn't find the size oppresive, nothing was left out of the room.
I will say the bathroom could have done with a better clean, but it wasn't filthy.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skylar09
StayManager, General Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you Skylar09 for your feedback!
Best regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

Positives: Brilliant location, modern decor, comfy beds and great helpful staff, nice bar!
Negatives - the standard rooms are TINY, ask for an upgrade, we got one free as we were almost falling out of the beds. Our upgraded room was excellent :)

Right in the centre of the action, Stay is a funky modern comfortable hotel I would highly recommend. We did plenty of research before booking and it was worth it! 10 mins (walk) from Central Park, 1 min from the TKTS booth in Times Square, 2 mins from the Subway station and 20 mins walk to Greenwich Village.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, the standard rooms are TINY
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rhardwick
StayManager, General Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Rhardwick, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Stay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time in residence. Please contact me personally at cmallon@stayhotelny.com when planning your next trip to NYC, so that I can personally assist with your accommodation arrangements.
Best regards,