“Very Nice!!”

Ranked #337 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Montreal, Canada
“Very Nice!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I went there for the week-end of Valentine's day and we really enjoyed or stay. He had never visited New York and we wanted something in Manhattan.The staff was very nice, polite and accomodating! We were able to check- in early and even leave our luggages at the hotel after our check out, since we were traveling back to Montreal 3 hours after check out. So we were able to enjoy the city a little more!!
The hotel is very close to everything! I would decently go back there. I recommand this hotel if you have a small budget and you want a clean place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

2 Thank QueenD1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Well located hotel in Midtown Manhattan, close to the subway station and stores, good atention, clean rooms, what is not good no breakfast and wifi is deficient, is not cheap but worths it. I like the fact is close to good restaurants, the neighborhood is good too. They offers information of the city, I highly reccomend this hotel if you want to visit New York City, the elevator is a jewel. If you want view fron the room dont expect too much other than a big wall next to your window, Deauville Hotel is in the standars of a tourist visitor

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Houston
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was actually our second time staying at the Hotel Deauville. We stayed here back in 2009. This time we had our own bathroom (previous time was a "shared" bathroom) which was nice to have. We were in room 502 which is a front facing room so we had a little bit of a view which was nice especially when it started snowing! The hotel staff were very friendly and even prior to our trip when I called and asked a few questions they were very helpful. Is the hotel fancy, no, but its a great place to stay! Who stays in their room when they travel to NYC anyways. We had a warm shower, a decent bed and an awesome location! We stayed at this hotel for four nights over New Years Eve. We ended up paying just over $800 for four nights, two of them were $250 due to New Years Eve, but the last two nights we only paid $105 per night. So needless to stay if you are looking for somewhere to stay in NYC on NYE I highly suggest this place!

Room Tip: The elevator is "manned" so sometimes it can be a little slow to get up and down from your...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MavsFanFL
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My now fiance and I had booked this hotel to enjoy a night in the big apple...our home away from home! When treacherous weather conditions did not allow us to travel (an east coast winter weather advisory), I called the hotel to cancel our room immediately. We were literally just hours shy of the 72 hour cut off for a full refund. Because it was a peak season, and the odds of them re-booking the room with three days to spare was highly likely, I was significantly disappointed that they were not able to offer us some kind of discount/voucher for the $239.00 a night room. My advice: If you are traveling during the winter months and it's possible that a winter weather alert may prohibit you from traveling on the highways, I would highly recommend looking into a hotel that does not require such a stringent weather related cancellation policy.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janelle M
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Visited for my birthday weekend in Dec, had a ball. Will be returning in March!! When your visiting to just shop and stay overnight, it really is in a prime location for resting. Also there are good food spots and bars available.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Room 608 is really great. Two rooms with a clean bathroom. We only paid 185 $ for two nights. Almost impossible. The first night was a little bit cold but the other night was better. My parets said that when they go back to newyork they will defently stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandra L
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed from 23rd December 2013 to 29th December 2013. This hotel served us perfectly. The rooms were ideal for myself and my family to stay in.. Beds are Comfy which is a major thing for staying in a hotel for me, The room is serviced daily by the hotel staff which they change towels and bedding!. The front desk staff are very helpful as we asked various questions and always gave as much help as possible, Handy as it was our first time in USA let alone NYC.
The Hotel is old School, and i loved that they staff the lift 24hrs a day!.. During our stay a floor tile cracked and became loose in the in the bathroom, i forgot to mention it to the front desk on our way out but when we returned from our days exploring it was fixed!.. Very Happy with that!.
Our room as 2 double beds and a Private Bathroom. And wont say im fussy but i was very happy with this hotel. The only reason i didn't give 5 stars was i had to wear foam ear plugs at night as my bed was next to the window but i didn't mind as after about 10pm it did quieten down alot but thats only because im not used to living in a big city.
I enjoyed my time here and if the staff read this Thanks for making our stay in NYC so great!. I definatley would stay here again!.. room 304 please! :)
Location!.. Its between Lexington and Park Ave. Its a 10min walk to Grand Central Station and The Empire state which i recommend getting there early 8am/8.30ish to beat the queue's as when we came down at 10.00am it was queuing around the block!. A large selection of great restaurants near by, Italian, French, Korean, BBQ style.. loads! I recommend Rodeo Tex/Mex BBQ grill, down on 27th and 3rd. We dined there twice as it was so good :)
Only been back home a day and im already missing the Bread and Butter place opposite the hotel, that place was our savoir as on Christmas eve alot of the restaurants closed early as expected but they stayed open and we had 3 very nice meals.. although with plastic knives/forks and tin foil plates for under $35!!.. cant complain!.. Bread and Butter 5/5 for breakfast and dinner also :)

All in all.. a fine hotel to stay at! Well done to the staff at the Deauville :)

Room Tip: we stayed in room 304, ideal for a family of 3 or 4. the private bathroom facility means you get cha...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family