“Bargin Shopper”

Ranked #338 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Rochester, New York
“Bargin Shopper”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Visited for my birthday weekend in Dec, had a ball. Will be returning in March!! When your visiting to just shop and stay overnight, it really is in a prime location for resting. Also there are good food spots and bars available.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Room 608 is really great. Two rooms with a clean bathroom. We only paid 185 $ for two nights. Almost impossible. The first night was a little bit cold but the other night was better. My parets said that when they go back to newyork they will defently stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandra L
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed from 23rd December 2013 to 29th December 2013. This hotel served us perfectly. The rooms were ideal for myself and my family to stay in.. Beds are Comfy which is a major thing for staying in a hotel for me, The room is serviced daily by the hotel staff which they change towels and bedding!. The front desk staff are very helpful as we asked various questions and always gave as much help as possible, Handy as it was our first time in USA let alone NYC.
The Hotel is old School, and i loved that they staff the lift 24hrs a day!.. During our stay a floor tile cracked and became loose in the in the bathroom, i forgot to mention it to the front desk on our way out but when we returned from our days exploring it was fixed!.. Very Happy with that!.
Our room as 2 double beds and a Private Bathroom. And wont say im fussy but i was very happy with this hotel. The only reason i didn't give 5 stars was i had to wear foam ear plugs at night as my bed was next to the window but i didn't mind as after about 10pm it did quieten down alot but thats only because im not used to living in a big city.
I enjoyed my time here and if the staff read this Thanks for making our stay in NYC so great!. I definatley would stay here again!.. room 304 please! :)
Location!.. Its between Lexington and Park Ave. Its a 10min walk to Grand Central Station and The Empire state which i recommend getting there early 8am/8.30ish to beat the queue's as when we came down at 10.00am it was queuing around the block!. A large selection of great restaurants near by, Italian, French, Korean, BBQ style.. loads! I recommend Rodeo Tex/Mex BBQ grill, down on 27th and 3rd. We dined there twice as it was so good :)
Only been back home a day and im already missing the Bread and Butter place opposite the hotel, that place was our savoir as on Christmas eve alot of the restaurants closed early as expected but they stayed open and we had 3 very nice meals.. although with plastic knives/forks and tin foil plates for under $35!!.. cant complain!.. Bread and Butter 5/5 for breakfast and dinner also :)

All in all.. a fine hotel to stay at! Well done to the staff at the Deauville :)

Room Tip: we stayed in room 304, ideal for a family of 3 or 4. the private bathroom facility means you get cha...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank MarkW2910
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

we have just returned from this hotel its very warming the staff are extremely helpful in every way don't worry about breakfast there is a 24hr 7 days a week bread and butter place right opposite hotel its food is cooked fresh in front of you seating upstairs or around side of building / the hotel is central to anywhere you want to in new york if you ask the man behind desk for any directions he will give you exactly what your looking for with a smile they are superb people from the lift guy to cleaning lady you won't go wrong in choosing this hotel / if you haven't booked a ride back to airport they will book you a taxi a lot cheaper than of the street also you might be lucky and get the ride we had a big blacked out windows car the driver drives the stars around new york example daniel ratclffe jude law robert deniro and many others too treats you like a super star yourself very helpful reinerio his name good bloke

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1baggieboy
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and organized and has a beautiful vintage style, the elevator is just a must see. It is very well located close to everything and just a block away from the subway. The staff are very kind and are always ready to help. The hotel does not include breakfast, but that is not a problem since there is a very good bakery across the street.
I'm certainly staying here next time I come to New York.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed in a suite that was amazingly roomy for NYC It had a microwave, coffeepot and fridge. The big comfy couch opened into a queen bed. The decor of the whole place is probably best described as sort of art deco - not modern but not dated either - it was fun. I waited less time for the elevator - operated by a real person like days of old - than I usually do at a big hotel for the big fancy elevator and it was a really nice quaint touch. They were so helpful when I was in desperate need of something ie. a corkscrew and had one to me in a jiffy. The bed was comfortable and the shower nice and hot. The location of the hotel was really good - not too far off the beaten path but close enough to everything. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it for others looking for a change from the big chain hotels. They have some room with shared baths and I don't know if that would be for me but for the bargain price I might be convinced. It's a bit of a hike to Times Square but very close to Macy's and the Empire State Building. It's close to subway and buses and easy enough to grab a cab too. The were great about holding luggage till I was ready to catch my train too so I didn't have to drag it around the city all day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dawn M
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was my first trip to New York, so I wanted to find a not very expensive hotel, from which we could easily walk to the city center. I've chosen this hotel. The hotel is located next to the subway. You can also easily walk to the city center. The room was of average size. The windows looked out on the wall of a neighboring building. At night it was noisy. A feeling that was blown heating pipes . At the time of arrival, the manager made ​​a copy of my credit card, and after 2-3 days all the money was stolen =/ The money I eventually returned, but it was a very bad moment in my journey.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple