“Good experience”

Econo Lodge Times Square
Ranked #263 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Great value and location. The rooms were small as expected based on reviews. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Walking distance to many NYC spots, and the subways. The rooms were noisy, with the noise coming in through the AC. Maybe it wouldn't be as noisy in the fall/winter. The staff called us a taxi for our return the La Guardia. If you can go without sleep or can sleep through a lot of noise, I would book this hotel. If not stay elsewhere.

Daisy S, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Econo Lodge Hotel. Thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of our rooms and the how friendly our staff is; our team always takes pride in this! We hope to see again in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was really worried about staying here after reading other peoples reviews on here, with them complaining about the size of the rooms and the noise. I had nothing to worry about though, the hotel is in a fantastic location, the room was small but big enough for a comfortable stay, bed was comfy, the room and bathroom was clean, nice shower, the breakfast was good and the staff was so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them.

Staying at this hotel really made my 1st visit to New York fantastic, knowing you had a clean and comfortable bed to go back to after a day’s walking around was great. There was noise, but when you are that tired from all the walking and excitement of being in the city, the noise doesn’t stop you from sleeping well! I would have thought it was hard to find a hotel which didn’t have noise outside, 24/7 in New York City!

I will be 100% sure to be staying at this hotel next time I am in New York!!! :-).

2  Thank Sneek15
Daisy S, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to show you a good experience here at the Econo Lodge Time Square. I am glad that you enjoyed your first visit to New York City and the Econo Lodge. The team here takes pride in their jobs and we are here for you the guests. We look forward to seeing you and the family again in the near future.

Econo Lodge Time Square

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just one block west of Times Square, the Econolodge in Times Square is in a perfect location for your New York adventure. The staff were very helpful, and greeted us as we walked through the lobby. Although we didn't have any, a free breakfast is served in the lobby every morning with coffee available throughout the day. The staff were also happy to arrange a pre-booked car service for our trip to the airport upon checkout (and the price was the same as a taxi).

The room was clean and comfortable, and was serviced daily. Although there wasn't a lot of spare floor space for storage of your luggage shopping etc, we managed (and for those who have stayed in New York hotels before, you would know that New York hotel rooms are smaller than in other cities).

All in all, we got great value for our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you for recent stay here at the Econo Lodge Times Square. I am glad the staff was able to accommodate your needs during your time here. The staff here enjoys interacting with our guests and building relationships. As you mentioned are rooms are not the biggest but our beds are very comfortable. We hope to see you again in the near future and hopefully you get to enjoy our complimentary morning delicious breakfast next time around.

Econo Lodge Times Square

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I were told a room was $100 less then it turned out to be (we both heard that). When I argued about it and asked for a refund, I was told they dont know how to do that. Id have to "come back someday when a manager was in". What if I was leaving or just absolutely didn't want the inconvenience to make it back to such a place while on holiday to get a refund for a room I was misquoted about??? I was not returned the $ as we eneded up kinda being strong armed into having to stay. As the clerk said "you dont have to come back for your refund". She sctually said that, like now we have your cash so you can do whatever the hell you wanna do, we dont care at all". Total nonsense from the moment I walked into this place. The room was beyond terrible and seriously the service was so absurd it was actually amazing. DO NOT CHOOSE this hotel!!!! It ruined my time and was constantly on my mind. The next night we chose the Comfort inn one or two streets up for roughly the same price. The room was amazing, the service was excellent, the breakfast was restaurant quality and they even gave my girlfriend a free tooth brush because she forgot hers! The money was never the motivating factor here. I didn't mind the higher price, otherwise we would have booked in advance. It just snowballed into illogical nonsense so fast, I felt like I was talking to a ninth grader.

Room Tip: Dont choose here for a good room
2  Thank Shawn M

First and foremost we like to thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Time Square. We apologize for the misunderstanding that took place during your time at the hotel. We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short in providing it. We take all complaints very serious and want to assure you this won't happen again if given a second chance. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future bookings. We hope to see again. Thank you.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

There are so many hotels to choose from in NY but for our trip all we wanted was a clean hotel/base. I'd read good reviews on trip advisor and bad so here's my experience.

Yes you can hear noise from the road but this hotel is based one block from Times Square. If you want silence then maybe stay less central. In all honesty after the first night we were so exhausted we didn't hear the traffic but I guess it's how heavy a sleeper you are.

The hotel itself was probably the most quiet hotel I've ever stayed in. There was absolutely no noise from other guests, we didn't even hear neighbouring rooms. The hotel was spotless and although the rooms are small they are completely adequate. The bed was very comfy!! There was hot water all day and unlike many hotels I've stayed in the temperature in the room was perfect. Breakfast is perfectly adequate and plenty of choice. Tea/coffee is available all day.

And here is where this hotel excels unlike any hotel I've ever stayed in including some top hotels in London. The staff are amazing. Absolutely nothing is too much trouble. They are polite, helpful, happy and completely make the experience. It's not pretentious helpfulness it's a happy to be able to help you. You never walk through reception and get ignored, staff always ask how you are and assist. Even the house keepers greet guests and say hello.

If your looking for a clean hotel in a central location at a reasonable price with amazing staff then I highly recommend this hotel. Thank you econo lodge for a fabulous weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Zam1973
Daisy S, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

The team would like to thank for your recent stay at the Hotel. Here at the Econo Lodge Times Square we focus more on selling a guest experience as oppose to just a room. We are very attentive to any and all details pertaining to our guests. We assure every guest is satisfied with their stay prior to departing. Again we like to thank you for allowing us to show you great service.

The Team at Econo Lodge

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Econo Lodge was just what we needed for our girls' trip to NYC. The location was perfect. So close to the shows, restaurants, subways, and Times Square. The staff at the front desk were so friendly and helpful with any questions we had or even some great ideas we had not thought about. The room was very small but we were expecting that. The location made up for it! If there is anything negative to say it would have to be that our room was next to the street on the second floor and it was extremely noisy. But again, I would not have stayed anywhere else given the chance. I will definitely book here again if I return!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

We like thank you and you friends for your recent stay at Econo Lodge Times Square. We are glad you guys enjoyed your stay and the were satisfied with the service we provided. Here at the Econo Lodge our guest service and experience always comes first. We go above and beyond with any guests without no hesitation. We hope to see you and the girls again in the near future.

The Team at Econo Lodge Times Square

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Econo Lodge for 5 days. The hotel is in a great location close to Times Square, Metro, Deli, Star Bucks & supermarket. The staff is very helpfull and friendly & the complimentary breakfast saves you money and there's free coffee 24hours. But be warned the rooms are really small and could do with some basic upgrading.

• Stayed: June 2013

We like to first thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Times Square. We take great pride in providing excellent customer service to our guests. We are glad the hotel location was a convenience for you and the family; and while there's always room for improvement we try to it up with the service experience. Again we thank you for your stay and feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

The Team at Econo Lodge Times Square