Econo Lodge Times Square
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
$179
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$311
$174
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$343
$188
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$246
$231
$458
$359
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
$134
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$235
$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$142
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$263
$150
  • Breakfast included
1,286 results
All reviewsrooms are smallbagelstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkprovide ear plugscontinental breakfastfire stationsmall deskwould stay here againstreet noisenoisy at nightsmallest roomtea and coffeebudget hotelqueen bedfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am so happy to have Trip Advisor travelers' reviews. This hotel was exactly as I expected it to be based on the reviews I had scanned through first. I knew by the room number that I would be walking up one floor, since 700 is the only room on the 7th floor. Street noise existed in the form of sirens, but would have been worse closer to the street.

When I saw that NYC water bagels were included in the continental breakfast on the hotel's website, I knew I would be delighted with breakfast. Breakfast also included mini muffins, mini danish, croissants, strudel, hard boiled eggs, several types of tea, coffee, instant oatmeal, 2 kinds of cold cereal and orange juice. I absolutely loved those bagels!! There was very limited space to put out the food or eat, but staff was busy re-filling everything as it disappeared. My only complaint with breakfast is this: why isn't there a later breakfast time on Saturday and Sunday AMs?

Location, location, location! This hotel was a very short walk to Broadway shows, restaurants and Times Square. We also took a walk twice to Central Park, it was about 12 blocks. The parking lot was close by and a great reduction in the rate for being a guest at the hotel.

The front desk staff was very helpful about all sorts of things, including looking up phone numbers and locations to wherever we needed. I suggested to the front desk staff that they put an additional chair in the room since there was space for it. There was only one chair in the Superior Queen and they liked my suggestion. My only other complaint: I like softer T.P. in the bathroom. :-)

I will joke about the prices of hotels in NYC--we felt that the hotel was a 2 star hotel for a 4 star price, but in comparison with other hotels in this area, it is an extremely good value.

Room Tip: There are only 4 superior queen rooms: 400, 500, 600 and 700. If you want any extra space, go for the extra $--it's not that much more when you're already spending so much.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nurse_Joanie
Lindi T, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed the convenience of the location and the service we provide. We are centrally located in the heart of Times Square where the hustle and bustle never stops . We provide the best possible room rates, in a very competitive market, without hindering the quality of service that we strive to provide for all our guest. We believe, "Great customer service doesn’t cost extra!

We have notified our management, the feed back that you have provided, all necessary changes will be implemented. It is through your feedback that helps us improve and strive to provide a great experience

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We we're kinda scared when we first saw the hotel. Wondering what we got ourselves into. The room was very small but it was clean. Your only there to shower and sleep anyways . Yes, it was noisy but earplugs were provided. The staff was super friendly and helpful. We were within walking distance of everything. A big Thank You to Trinita for making us feel so welcome. Much appreciated. Hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia K

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Yes the rooms are small and noisey, but you are right in the middle of NYC!! How much room do you need? You should be out there exploring. As for the noise, get earplugs. I loved Econo Lodge Times Square. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I work in a hotel and the reception staff at Econo Lodge were much more willing to help than ours. The receptionist offered to and eventually did check us in on our flight home and were very knowledgable on directions etc. The free continental breakfast was superb. The room was warm and clean. If I am lucky enough to return to NYC I will definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for giving us the opportunity and choosing to stay with us while visiting NYC. We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay..We take great pride and are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and guest satisfaction. We believe in, “Great customer service doesn’t cost extra!”

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We booked this thinking it would be nice to stay in a hotel for only a little more than we would have payed for a hostel room, but we ended up paying more for a cramped and noisy room. While the breakfast was substantial and rooms were clean there was no sound proofing from outside which was bad especially as it is near a busy road and a fire station, there is noise all day and night. Room would be okay for a night close to everything, but not worth it for a week long stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you, for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. All guest opinions are valued and appreciated, It is through your feedback that help us improve and strive to provide the best customer experience.
We are centrally located in the heart of Times Square,-Theather District- Where the hustle and bustle never stops.All rooms are provided with complimentary earplugs, and, if required, additional earplugs are supplied at no extra cost.

If we can earn your business back, we will ensure your stay with us is pleasant. Please call me directly at 212-246-1991.

Again- we are sorry for the inconveience.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

It's all been said before.
Yes, the room is not very big. But you're in NYC and you are only in the room to sleep, because the rest of the time you'll be doing things!
Yes, it can be a little noisey. But you're right in the middle of NYC and NYC drivers can't drive unless they can blow their horn at least every other block. So if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs!
Yes, the elevator is slow. But hey, this is not the Empire State building. You could take the stairs!
New Yorkers rude? Not in this hotel! Very kind, helpfull and sweet! This hotel has the nicest staff working for them in NYC.Loved the receptionists (all of them) and Steve!
Clean? Spotless!
Price? You're not paying normal NYC hotel prices. I'd say this is a good deal!
Location? It's close to everything (bring comfortable walking shoes, you'll be doing a lot of walking!).
Will I come back? YES!
Should you book this hotel? YES!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MaximBezembinder
Lindi T, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

First and foremost, on behalf of everyone here at the Econo Lodge Times Square, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity and choosing us as your preferred choice of hotel, A Home Away From Home, while visiting NYC.

We are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and guest satisfaction. We believe in, “Great customer service doesn’t cost extra!”

We value and appreciate all feedbacks, all rooms are now provided with complimentary earplugs, and, if required, additional earplugs are supplied at no extra cost. We hope to see you soon!

Thank you!