I am so happy to have Trip Advisor travelers' reviews. This hotel was exactly as I expected it to be based on the reviews I had scanned through first. I knew by the room number that I would be walking up one floor, since 700 is the only room on the 7th floor. Street noise existed in the form of sirens, but would have been worse closer to the street.
When I saw that NYC water bagels were included in the continental breakfast on the hotel's website, I knew I would be delighted with breakfast. Breakfast also included mini muffins, mini danish, croissants, strudel, hard boiled eggs, several types of tea, coffee, instant oatmeal, 2 kinds of cold cereal and orange juice. I absolutely loved those bagels!! There was very limited space to put out the food or eat, but staff was busy re-filling everything as it disappeared. My only complaint with breakfast is this: why isn't there a later breakfast time on Saturday and Sunday AMs?
Location, location, location! This hotel was a very short walk to Broadway shows, restaurants and Times Square. We also took a walk twice to Central Park, it was about 12 blocks. The parking lot was close by and a great reduction in the rate for being a guest at the hotel.
The front desk staff was very helpful about all sorts of things, including looking up phone numbers and locations to wherever we needed. I suggested to the front desk staff that they put an additional chair in the room since there was space for it. There was only one chair in the Superior Queen and they liked my suggestion. My only other complaint: I like softer T.P. in the bathroom. :-)
I will joke about the prices of hotels in NYC--we felt that the hotel was a 2 star hotel for a 4 star price, but in comparison with other hotels in this area, it is an extremely good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Econo Lodge Times Square Hotel in New York CityThe Econo Lodge® Times Square hotel is ideally located at 47th Street and 8th Avenue in the heart of New York City's Times Square. Imagine staying close to everything you want to do and see when visiting NYC! As our guest, you will have easy access to the city's most famous attractions, including the Broadway Theater District, Radio City Music Hall, Empire State Building, Central Park and esteemed Restaurant Row. You will be within walking distance of Rockefeller Center, Madison Square Garden, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center (Javits Center), Fifth Avenue shopping and more. Our location is unbeatable! Hotel features include free wireless high-speed Internet access and free continental breakfast. All of our guest rooms include flat-screen televisions with satellite programming including premium channels, safes, hair dryers and iPod docks. Take a look at our room types and choose the one that best suits your needs. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Econo Lodge Times Square hotel in New York City provides superior accommodations and affordable rates to everyone visiting the area. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Times Square Hotel New York City
- Econo Lodge New York City
- Econolodge Times Square
- New York City Econo Lodge
- Econolodge New York City
- Econo Lodge Time Square