“Value for money in central Manhattan”
Review of Pod 51 Hotel

Pod 51 Hotel
Ranked #233 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 23, 2011

It is not easy to find an affordable place with style in a central location in NY, but the Pod seems to succeed in combining all of this. The rooms are tiny, but have all comfort and the nice and fun design make them look very appealing. The location is among the best, with plenty of restaurants and cafés around and in walking distance from the main shopping and sightseeing areas. In addition, there is a very friendly atmosphere - especially for a fairly large hotel in a big city.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank midnight_in_belgium

Reviewed January 20, 2011

I stayed here just one night for a conference nearby. The double bed/private bath was smaller than I expected. It couldn't have been more than 100 sq ft. However, the room was clean and cute. It was noisier than I liked; my window was right above a bar. There is no heater and it would have been nice to have a heavier blanket or cover on the bed. I wouldn't mind staying here again for a one-nighter, but I would recommend somewhere else for extended stays.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank pennykim
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Stayed here one night with my husband and our friends. The hotel was pretty much exactly what was advertised. The rooms are small, but they are done very efficiently and I didn't think the size was a bad thing. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean. It is walking distance to Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, St. Patrick's, and 5th Ave. We got to see quite a bit in our little time there and part of that was thanks to the great location of The Pod. Staff at the desk was friendly upon arrival and check out. When we told the bellhop that we needed a cab, he set us up with a $35 fixed rate stretch limo to take us the LGA, so that was fun. :) It was snowy and cold when we were there, but we still went up on the roof. I bet it's great in the summertime.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank malorina
Reviewed January 18, 2011

My husband and I spent a night at The Pod Hotel along with another couple. We each booked a room with a double bed and private bath. We were in NYC to see a show, eat, drink, wander... The hotel was hardly the focal point of our stay. A low price and proximity to a subway station were our only real criteria. As a place to sleep and wash up, this place was perfect. If you're looking for a romantic weekend or are traveling with family, go elsewhere!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seabourne11
Reviewed January 15, 2011

We went to NY for the first week of the year.
The hotel is very cool, oriented to young people, and the rooms are the typical comfy and small ones you expect to obtain at NY. There’s not enough room for a lot of baggage.
The hotel is very quiet, neat and tidy.
The location is awesome!!! You are next to everything!!! Only 5 minutes walk is required to most of the city high lights in mid town!
The employees were very kind people and everybody speaks Spanish! You must talk to the hotel concierge to obtain good deals around the city!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank javivaldez
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I stayed here for a brief weekend stop in NY with friends in November. I knew the set-up from a friend so I knew what to expect. The check-in area is cool and smart, there was an error with my booking which they rectified quickly but they did fail to give me a message which had been left at reception for me. Staff were helpful and friendly. The room was tiny, but had everything and was spotlessly clean. The set-up for bathrooms was unusual but functional and worked out fine for my short stay. I spent very little time in the room, and, had I wanted to, the size would have put me off. That said, for my purposes, price and location and convenience it suited just fine. While I'm usually very aware of hidden costs on booking sites I got burned on this one and ended up paying about $40 more than I expected which was slightly frustrating. Overall if you want to stay somewhere between a hostel and a full-price hotel its a good option, but in price and facilities it is closer to a full service/priced hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Cool compact rooms. I was so glad I had my own bathroom in my room. It's like a fancy pants hostel---and I mean that with much respect. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends