Pod 51 Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$176
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
$365
$322
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$250
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
5,149 results
All reviewsshared bathroombunk bed roompickwick armsprivate bathrooms are smallnew yorkess a bagelroof terracebudget hotelaround the cornertimes squareplace to sleepsmall desksubway stationcentral parkflat screen tvlocation is great
Reviewed December 6, 2010

If you like things that are tiny and have really low expectations, you might not be disappointed. If you have less than $200, and it's this or the bus station, this is preferable.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This hotel is the perfect budget hotel, brillant value for money, clean, efficent /friendly staff and in a nice area. We stayed in a bunk bed shared bathroom room, which after reading some reviews on here was actually more spacious than we thought!! The shared bathrooms were always spotless and we never had to wait to use them, there are little lights above the door in the bedroom so you can see when the bathrooms are in use. We had no problem with noise and there are some really nice restraunts close by, everything you would want to visit is in walking distance. We would definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sophied1200
Reviewed December 3, 2010

A friend and I took one of the bunk rooms at this great hotel in the week running up to Thanksgiving. What an amazing place, seriously! Check-in was completely smooth, as was check-out on the day we left, as well as the service - the hotel booked us onto an airport shuttle bus and held our luggage for us until it was time to leave.

The room itself was, yes, quite small, but it was more than adequate for two girls with big suitcases and a lot of clothes. The personal TV screens and the iPod dock were great touches, as well as the free Wi-Fi. The beds were comfortable - I usually have problems sleeping in a bed that isn't my own, but not here!

We took the shared bathroom option and there were zero problems with this. There were four bathrooms on our floor, and at all times were clean. They're all different as well, so as sad as this may sound, it became a bit of a surprise visiting each one! The rain head showers are incredible - and try and source out one of the bathrooms that has additional back-height jets.

The location as well is fantastic - it's only a few blocks walk along 51st to reach the Rockerfeller area, and from there Times Square is close. The subway is very close, and a few blocks down is a stop for the sightseeing buses. Closer to home, just around the corner from the hotel is a selection of good bars and a café that we ended up having our breakfast in each day - so good!

All in all, the hotel was one of the highlights of our trip, which, in a city like New York, tells you just how good it must have been! Obviously we could have stayed somewhere a lot more expensive to get more amenities, but honestly, why bother when you can save so much money and stay in such a great place as this?

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Don't expect a lot of space, but this place has a great vibe and a cool atmosphere. I traveled to NYC over Thanksgiving weekend and paid $160 a night for a single room with a bathroom. I'm a middle-aged guy and found the double-bed thoroughly comfortable and the clientele (mostly young Europeans) fun to be around. The hotel is a 15- to 20-minute walk to Times Square, and there are many dining option, expensive and in-, nearby. The hotel bar is comfortable and friendly. The hotel staff is efficient and friendly enough.

A quibble: the room's temperature control was not up to snuff. The old, pre-renovation heating pipes made the room uncomfortable enough that I had to run the AC and/or open the window. And I didn't see the double-occupancy rooms, so I don't know how comfortable the accommodations would be for a duo.

Having said that, this is a hotel to which I'd certainly return and which I'd recommend to those on a shoestring budget.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights leading up to the US Thanksgiving holiday. I had actually booked two nights at a very good rate, but decided I wanted to stay an extra night. The desk staff very kindly allowed me to stay on the extra night at that same low rate, even though it was Thanksgiving Day, when all the hotels in Manhattan seemed to double in price. If they hadn't, I would have had to check out, so I really appreciated this.

I had a double pod room, which includes a bathroom. The room is small, but it's not a small room masquerading as a normal hotel room. The layout and fit-out are designed with the size in mind, so the room manages to squeeze in a double bed (which doubles as a couch during the day), desk and chair, bedside table, clothes storage (hanging and drawers) and a sink and mirror. Even with all this, the room does not seem cramped. The bathroom was fine - small, but I've seen bathrooms that are far more cramped and uncomfortable than this one in much more expensive hotels. I am a tall person, but I didn't have any issues with the size of the room or the bathroom. And everything was reasonably clean, and not at all rundown or dated. I was relieved to find the free wi-fi worked perfectly - I so hate having to mess around with paid systems at hotels that never work well and cost a bomb.

The reception staff were always accommodating and helpful. One night I ordered takeaway food and the restaurant forgot to give me cutlery to eat with. I asked the desk staff if they could help, and the kind lady ended up giving me some (wrapped) disposable cutlery from her own handbag.

My only complaint was that the door was not well-insulated against noise. Because of the shared bathrooms on the floor, there is a lot of coming and going (and door slamming) in the hallway, which could be quite loud in my room. Otherwise the hotel was very quiet - I was surprised at how quiet it was given its central location.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business