Pod 51 Hotel
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$186
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$124
Savings alert! 57% below average rates

The price you found is 57% lower than this hotel's average rate of $287/night.

The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$242
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$207
$200
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$139
$116
  • Bar/Lounge
$134
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
$140
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
5,173 results
All reviewsshared bathroombunk bed roompickwick armsprivate bathrooms are smallnew yorkess a bagelroof terracebudget hotelaround the cornertimes squareplace to sleepsubway stationcentral parkflat screen tvlocation is greatrockefeller center
Reviewed March 27, 2007

Me and my girlfriend have just got back from a 4 night stay at this hotel. I'd booked the hotel after reading numerous (mainly) positive reviews on the hotel, and would agree with most of what has been said. There are definitely more positives than negatives when reviewing the Pod. Having, on a previous stay in New York, had the hassle of having to travel in and out of New Jersey every day, I'd start by mentioning the location. You're 5 minutes walk away from midtown 5th Avenue and the Rockefeller Centre. It's really handy to be able to walk to so much of what you want to see, especially if time is short. Plus, the area the hotel is in is pretty good. Just around the corner on 2nd avenue there's plenty of bars and restaurants, so if you do want to stay very local on a night the option is there.

As for the hotel itself, it's easy to see that it's been recently renovated. The lobby and entrance is very stylish and clearly new. The main entrance is currently being worked on so you enter just down the street, but that isn't a problem. We stayed in a standard room, with a private bathroom. Again, stylish fittings and pleasant design. The room was spotlessly clean, and fresh towels were supplied daily. The television is new, and again, impressive. We also didn't find storage a problem, with extra drawers under the bed.

As for negatives, it all depends on what you expect from a hotel room. We booked the room based on location and price, and weren't disappointed. But it must be stressed, the room is small. The double bed is cosy to say the least, especially if you're tall. In fact, it's reminiscent of a sofa bed. On a morning, there is little room to get ready when there's two of you. Plus, with the sink in the main body of the room, it can get a bit messy if you inadvertantly put the taps on full blast! The bathroom itself doesn't give a lot of privacy. If you're especially shy, you mightn't like sharing. There is a frosted glass compartment you can pull across, but if you're using the toilet, you do feel a bit on display.

Our other main problem isn't really the hotel's fault, but there was a lot of noise from other guests during the night. The soundproofing on the room isn't great, and it did disturb our sleep a bit. Having stayed in many hostels over the years, I was used to that, and in New York you don't expect peaceful nights. But if you need total quiet to sleep, you'll be in for a tough time.

Overall though, it was a postive experience. New clean rooms, lovely lobby, great location, and very affordable. You could do lot worse for a short break in New York. Just don't expect the Waldorf-Astoria!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheSnarfs
Reviewed March 26, 2007

My wife & I stayed at The Pod on March 25th. What a great jewel for the price. We paid $109.00 plus tax for a petite room with 2 bunk beds. When they say petite, they mean petite!! I would say the room was approx. 8 x 10'. Every speck of space was utilized. There was a small stainless steel sink in the room. Ample space to hang clothes & even a small hook to hang a jacket. Each bunk had its own TV. There was a small desk & chair with a clock on the desk. I never thought I would be staying in a room with a shared bath, but honestly, even tho we were only there for 1 night, I never saw anyone in the hallway or the bath room. There were 4 bathrooms on our floor & our room had a light above the door indicating which bathrooms were in use. The bathrooms were very clean. Each bathroom had lots of shampoo and shower gel in the shower area. The rainhead shower was awesome as well as the jets of water that shot out from the side of the shower. Our room was right next door to the shower/bath room.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. Maybe if I was in NY for a full week, I would look for a larger place, but all in all, for the money, this place can't be beat. Incidentally, if possible, book over the internet, as the prices were higher when I called to make a reservation. I was told, that the internet rate was only for booking over the internet.

I cannot emphasize enough -- this room (the Petite Room) was small. Smaller than anyplace I have ever seen, but it was very, very clean. To me, the cleanlyness of this place compensates for the size.

The Morningstar Cafe just around the corner is a very good and inexpensive place to eat. The portions are hugh. The subway was only a few blocks away.

In summary, if you are going to spend time lounging in your room, look for a bigger place. If you want a good, clean place to rest a tired weary body for a few hours at night, this place can't be beat for the price.

I did peek into a larger room with a queen sized bed. I'm not sure if a private bath was in this room or not, but it was a full size room and not nearly as small as our "Petite Room".

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2007

I stayed in the Pod Hotel for two nights over the St Patrick's Day weekend. I stayed on my own and booked a single room with use of the shared bathroom facilities.

The room was small but had everything that was required, even soap and deodorant provided at the sink! The LCD TV and ipod unit were also great. There was a maid service with clean towels were provided daily and general cleaning. The bed was comfortable and the room generally quiet, although there were lots of slamming doors as per the other reviews (my room was right next to a stair well, so I don't know if this made it worse).

The communal bathroom was no issue with a great shower and shampoo and shower gel dispensers - I never had to queue, although there was no indicator for availability (as mentioned on the hotel's website) in my room.

All in all I thought this was a great budget hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank ladyruskin
Reviewed March 18, 2007

Pretty much the perfect option for this area of town. Cheap, clean rooms that have been refurbished with contemporary furnishings.
Worth shelling out a little more for a room with a private shower. Noise from other rooms not that big an issue, a few door slams and some people getting carried away with their iPod docks, but overall no bid disturbances.
Room was cleaned to a high standard each day. Shower heads are huge, but water pressure wasn't amazing. Storage space more than adequate.
Lobby very stylish, staff very helpful. Free wifi in rooms a godsend.

Highly reccommend this for anyone wanting to save a few dollars whilst staying in town. I'm defintely coming back here.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank JinRummie
Reviewed March 15, 2007

The Pod Hotel is perfect for those who love fun hotels with personality, and aren't too hung up on luxuries. I stayed in a double room with a private bath (by myself), and felt like I had plenty of space. However, I'm not sure that I'd want to share this room -- it would be too crowded for two. The room itself makes great use of it's small space, with lots of cubby holes and drawers. My room was fairly quiet during the night, but it was really loud in the morning. I could hear people going into the bathrooms outside, and room doors slammed. There were also a lot of honking cabs outside. If you are looking to sleep in on your vacation- this is not the hotel for you. I also noticed that it took a while to get hot water in the shower, and the in room temperature control was a bit hard to find. The pictures on their website are good representations of what you'll get. Overall, I was pleased with my stay and would come back.
As a side note, I had my own bathroom but did check out the shared bathrooms. They were very clean, and were much larger then the in-room one I had. I noticed that they were generally available, and no one had to wait to use it.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo