“Pod was great - again”
Review of Pod 51 Hotel

Pod 51 Hotel
Ranked #236 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I spent four nights in a single room and everything was great. Didn't have my own bathroom but there was always free bathrooms available. Lobby bar is nice and so is the rooftop terrace. Close to teo metro stations and some nice restaurants.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I think this hotel was perfect for what I needed... a private base to sleep/change. I was out so much, that I just wanted a 'single pod'.

The room has all the facilities you could need, and the shared bathrooms were just down the corridor.There was even a system (like on planes) where you could see if the bathrooms were occupied by a light above the door to your room. Thus avoiding a queue in the corridor if someone was in the shower.

The air conditioning unit in my room seemed a bit 'confused'?? I changed to various different settings where all I wanted was a bit of cool air, but after about 3 mins of cool air it started to blast out heat. I ended up turning it off and opened the windows! I was concerned about noise, but I didn't have any problems and slept really well.

Service was EXCELLENT! Everyone was so helpful. I managed to break my handbag and the handyman was able to fix it using his tools (thank you). The concierge was also incredibly helpful. She had discounted and queue jump tickets for many of the big landmarks, and phoned ahead to book me onto various tours.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who isn't too bothered about staying in a luxury hotel. It is basic... but it's clean, has comfy beds, great facilities and brilliant service.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank CelticLady86
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed at Pod 51 for 2 times three nights in February, and I can highly recommend it. If you are looking for a place that is located in the center, but still affordable, this is the place to go. I was surprised about the high standard of the rooms (especially the bathroom was great, all new and perfectly clean). The air conditioning worked perfectly. The rooms are of course not very spacious, but what do you expect in Manhattan...
Staff was very friendly and helpful. I can not think of anything to complain about.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 days on the 6th floor and found it to be nice, we stayed in the bunk bed room and it was average. The bathroom (about 4 on each floor) is better it's larger than in a hostel and the shower head is nice! The worst part is probably the wifi it was so bad it just kept disconnecting!! A real hassle!! It's a nice area and there is a great restaurant one block away which serves vegetables pay by weight! I didn't have a bad stay here but it's just a glorified hostel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Ah, The Pod.

I spent a week in this hotel in January and stayed in one of their bunk pod rooms. It was small, yes, but not as small as I had anticipated judging by other reviews. We opted for the shared bathroom facility which was no problem at all as there were 4 bathrooms to our floor, and there was always an unoccupied one. Something that I love is how they play music in the bathrooms during sociable hours, and throughout the rest of the hotel!

The rooms are clean and offer daily housekeeping, it's in an excellent and safe location and is only a block or two away from two subway stations and the residents were lovely!

Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at Pod 39 a few times but this has been my first time at this pod. Like the 39 location, this is a no frills NYC spot that's clean, hip, and simple. If you want to control the water temperature in the shower, don't stay here. If you want an in-room ironing board, don't stay here. If you want an incredibly comfortable bed, don't stay here. BUT if you'd like a simple and sweet NY spot, stay here. It's cute, with character and spunk. I like it. Just not for when you're feeling fancy.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank LouiseG227
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed in a queen pod as I couldn't stand the idea of sharing a bathroom. The room was so tiny, the bathroom was like the ones you find in an aeroplane! That said, who spends time in their hotel room in NEW YORK!! The location was ideal, staff super friendly and the roof top area was nice, take a bottle of wine up there and soak in the view of this amazing city. The only thing that was disappointing was there wasn't a coffee machine (or kettle) in our rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple