5,261 results
All reviewsshared bathroombunk bed roompickwick armsprivate bathrooms are smallnew yorkess a bagelroof terracebudget hotelaround the cornertimes squareplace to sleepsubway stationcentral parkflat screen tvrockefeller centerbagels
Reviewed May 14, 2014

In the first look, the room with a queen's bed is pretty small for that price but, with the storage spaces, and all amenities, there's nothing you would miss. Just that the wash space is really small and you will have to be careful. The location is the best part...in middle of manhattan...and close to every thing happening in the city! There's a great pub down on the ground floor, and a make do kitchen too.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This kind of hotel has the future : trendy, clean and relatively cheap.
We stayed for 4 nights in a Bunk Pod in the Pod hotel on 51st Street.
I’m not usually a big fan of shared bathrooms but in this hotel it did not bother me.
First of all, the bathrooms seems to be cleaned quite often, there are plenty and there’s a clever
system in the room showing which one is free.
The room is very tiny as many already wrote. However there was space enough to leave both our suitcases open. I’ve seen different before in so-called executive rooms.
The Bunk bed comes with two TVs and two reading lights. Perfect solution if you want to share a room with a friend.
The hotel has a roof terrace which seems to be nice but which we simply forgot to visit. It will give us a reason to come back.
When checking in, we got two coupons to get a glass of wine for free in the Pop@Pod bar next door. That’s a nice treat but I would advice to be a bit more flexible in the choice of free drinks: we asked for a diet coke instead of the glass of wine and the waitress told this was not possible. Quite odd and annoying so we left after the first drink.
We did not take breakfast in the hotel as we found better choices nearby. Being Belgian, I can recommend Le Pain Quotidien just around the corner at 2nd Avenue, between 49th & 50th street.
In summary, for my next trips to New York, I will definitely stay in one of the POD hotels!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christof V
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Fantastic Style hotel!
This structure is located in a good central zone, near the Grand Central Station.
Beautiful rooms,not very large, but very functionally and cean!17 floors and a wonderful roof-bar with Chrisler Buliding's view!
When we'll return in NY we'll be here again for sure!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Pod 51 for 4 nights in a bunk pod. Yes we're a couple, yes we deliberately booked a bunk pod. New York was not the only destination of our trip so to keep costs down we decided we could cope with sleeping in bunk beds for 4 nights. If I'm honest, best decision we made! The beds were really comfy and twin size so we slept very well! We were on the 2nd floor at the back so the room was fairly quiet. Room was bigger than I thought after reading some reviews, there was enough space for both our cases and the sink in the room was small but useful.

There were 4 shared bathrooms on the floor, 2 toilet/shower, 1 just toilet and 1 just shower. We found that bathroom 1 had more floor space but the shower in bathroom 2 was taller so better for my other half. The bathrooms were always clean and there was always hot water. The panel above the door in the bedroom was great so we didn't have to hang around in the corridor. There was only 1 morning were we had to wait to get to the bathroom but other than that we had no problems with availability.

Pop at Pod, the attached bar/restaurant served great food and had a great atmosphere. We ended up here every night after spending the day walking round the city. I had a cocktail called the dirty flower that was great! The barmaid (whose name I never got) was lovely and really friendly. There must have been a organised event the one night because it was very busy but this only added to the atmosphere.

Location wise, the pod was close to most of the main tourist attractions (Top of the Rock and 5th Ave were about a 15min walk. Times Square and the Empire State building about 20mins). We walked everywhere and found that once we got to know where things were it really wasn't that far. There are plenty of good restaurants close by.

In summary, we would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gemma C
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my daughter in a bunk room with shared bathroom facilities. The place is small but simple and functional. Accommodation in New York is expensive and this is good value in Manhattan. The biggest downside is the noise, the rooms would benefit from more sound proofing however fellow travellers could be more courteous and thoughtful in public areas. The room and bathrooms were kept really clean. Breakfasts in the lobby were simple, reasonably priced and delicious.

Stayed: May 2014