5,260 results
All reviewsshared bathroombunk bed roompickwick armsprivate bathrooms are smallnew yorkess a bagelroof terracebudget hotelaround the cornertimes squareplace to sleepsubway stationcentral parkflat screen tvrockefeller centerbagels
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Pod 51 for 4 nights in a bunk pod. Yes we're a couple, yes we deliberately booked a bunk pod. New York was not the only destination of our trip so to keep costs down we decided we could cope with sleeping in bunk beds for 4 nights. If I'm honest, best decision we made! The beds were really comfy and twin size so we slept very well! We were on the 2nd floor at the back so the room was fairly quiet. Room was bigger than I thought after reading some reviews, there was enough space for both our cases and the sink in the room was small but useful.

There were 4 shared bathrooms on the floor, 2 toilet/shower, 1 just toilet and 1 just shower. We found that bathroom 1 had more floor space but the shower in bathroom 2 was taller so better for my other half. The bathrooms were always clean and there was always hot water. The panel above the door in the bedroom was great so we didn't have to hang around in the corridor. There was only 1 morning were we had to wait to get to the bathroom but other than that we had no problems with availability.

Pop at Pod, the attached bar/restaurant served great food and had a great atmosphere. We ended up here every night after spending the day walking round the city. I had a cocktail called the dirty flower that was great! The barmaid (whose name I never got) was lovely and really friendly. There must have been a organised event the one night because it was very busy but this only added to the atmosphere.

Location wise, the pod was close to most of the main tourist attractions (Top of the Rock and 5th Ave were about a 15min walk. Times Square and the Empire State building about 20mins). We walked everywhere and found that once we got to know where things were it really wasn't that far. There are plenty of good restaurants close by.

In summary, we would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gemma C
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my daughter in a bunk room with shared bathroom facilities. The place is small but simple and functional. Accommodation in New York is expensive and this is good value in Manhattan. The biggest downside is the noise, the rooms would benefit from more sound proofing however fellow travellers could be more courteous and thoughtful in public areas. The room and bathrooms were kept really clean. Breakfasts in the lobby were simple, reasonably priced and delicious.

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank D00die
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

When we were planning our trip, we were shocked by the prices of the Manhattan's hotels; we were actually considering staying in Long Island since it's cheaper, but then we came across Pod 51.

The rooms are a little bit small but they have the essential stuff. The beds are clean and comfortable, it has a safe, mirror, a little closet and they provide you with fresh clean towels every day and a hair dryer.

The hostel is two blocks away from one of the main subway stations and also is like five blocks from the Rockefeller Plaza. It is a very safe neighborhood so you don't have to worry about walking around at night, plus there's a lot of bars and restaurants nearby.

I would definitely stay at the Pod 51 next time I'm in town!

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank alexxmadrid
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here, and I would come back again. The rooms are smallish, with shared bathrooms very close by. The wifi works, the roof garden has good views, and everywhere is always very very clean. Staff are friendly and helpful, and the Metro is nearby. Excellent.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice and light: everywhere is noisy during construction hours..
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Katie P
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I am a local New Yorker but we did a quick weekender to get out of the apartment for a bit. Your concierge, Kara, was so amazing with her knowledge on restaurants, things to do (that we wouldn't have even thought of) and great rooftop bars! She is a gem and anyone staying at the Pod51 needs to take the time to see her for amazing recommendations!

The room was clean, simple and perfect for what we were looking for. We'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple