“Small but big on value”

Ranked #226 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Small but big on value”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Hey, you're not going to New York to spend time Ina hotel room, right? So something clean, convenient, and well priced works. And this works! Friendly staff, rooms are clean. Mind, if you're sharing you need to be on intimate terms with your roomie. The bed's against the wall, so someone has to climb over someone. And there's not a lot of privacy in the bathroom when there is only a sliding panel for the door. And the shower is full view (sorta sexy, right? Or not!).

But you can't beat the price, and the location is cool, if off the usual track a bit.

Room Tip: Go high so you're away from the street noise. But it's NYC, there's always street noise...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Daniel B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Visited New York in January with a friend. We booked a twin room (bunk beds), the hotel is very clean and comfortable and the rooms are reasonably priced based on the fact that you are in the centre of New York. Initially we were slightly concerned about sharing bathrooms with other people on the same floor, we shouldn't have been. There was no problem using the bathroom, there was always one free and it was very clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Abi31_11
Detroit, MI
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Awesome great hotel. Room's are nice and clean. Hotel staff very friendly. Location location location. There literally is 4 BARS within very short walk. A hand full of restaurants you can walk to, 2 of them are 24 hours. Everything you need is within walking distance, name it you got. My first time in NYC and I couldn't have picked a better hotel. Thank you Pod 51.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank DetroiterGuy
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 11, 2014

One of us was able to go to NYC for a weekend and needed a place in Manhattan to avoid constantly riding the Subway. This location was perfect! I had to be a Radio City Music Hall for an event and it was a very walkable distance, even Times Square was pretty close! Check-in was very easy and the concierge helped me print a few confirmation pages from their iPad in the lobby. I will say the Bellhop could have been more helpful in pointing out the restrooms and such.

I had a single room, so there were hall bathrooms you can use. They are for one person at a time and you use your keycard to get in. There is a little sign that says "occupied" and a small light in the rooms to show you which ones were occupied. Some rooms have bathrooms, so not that many people are using the hall baths. I never had a problem using one when I needed it.

The showers were nice and everything seems pretty clean...you do need to bring your hand towel with you though since there aren't paper towels in the bathrooms for washing hands. I would suggest a small pair of flip flops as well, I mean, it is a shower others use.

It was enough space for me for the two nights I was there. I'm short so the beds were more than long enough for me. And the housekeeping staff was very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sean and Jessic... C
New York
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I really liked the room except I was not sure about the size of a single bed and my height. It was a bit of a challenge. I could not fully stretch on the bed as I am tall and heavy set. I should have been told about the size and length of the bed. Overally, It was a nice place. I would recommend it and next time am in NY I would like to stay at the same place

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Wallace N
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We spent one night in this hotel, and it was what we were looking for -- great location, reasonable price, very clean, and neat décor. The hotel is very close to the subway, making it very convenient if you're coming from JFK via E-train. Rooms are tiny, but we didn't need anything bigger. The service was great. Check in was easy and staff was welcoming and helpful. Our heater didn't work, but after calling down to the front desk, a technician arrived in a timely manner to resolve the issue and later called the room phone to follow up! One downside was the rooftop patio wasn't open because of snow. I booked this hotel based on previous TripAdvisor reviews, and I would most definitely recommend it to both first time and returning visitors in NYC.

• Stayed February 2014