“Definitely value for your money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pod 51 Hotel

Pod 51 Hotel
Ranked #223 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sundsvall, Sverige
“Definitely value for your money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

The location is close to the subway to go to lower Manhattan and there is walking distance to Times Square. The room is small but when I'm at Manhattan I won't spend most of my time there ;-) I only got a few hours of good sleep and freshen me up. The shower system is working good and they are cleaned often. The WiFi worked perfect our entire stay, which is important for me as I want to look up places to go.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

The Pod 51 is the place to stay when you are next in Manhattan. It may only offer you a bed for the rate but the overall experience and location is just perfect for those looking for a place to stay on a budget. Most rates in NYC are very high so finding an affordable spot to lay your weary head can give one quite a headache. The rooms are small and in fact the building is small but it is modernised, well kept, and just perfect. The decor is bright and funky and welcomes you in from the noisy Manhattan streets. Transport, sites and shops are close by so a mere walk is all it takes to reach what you need. Worth every cent!

Room Tip: There are different rooms for your different needs - so make sure you check this carefully before bo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jona, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Rooms are small but clean. A double room is for a couple only if you travel as friends seek for a bigger room/bed. Free wifi works really good compared to other hotels. Location is perfect for shopping or exploring manhattan.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My friend and I stayed 4-5 nights here in September 2012. As expected the room was tiny but we knew we would not be spending much time there so it wasn't really a problem at all. We walked to most places we wanted to see and took the subway to the rest. Staff at the front desk were helpful. My only complaint is that the noise from the street and other guests made it hard to sleep. Coupled with jet-lag I was pretty tired by the time I left.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hydeane
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a recent short vacation in NYC. We wanted to stay in Manhattan and not spend a fortune. This hotel was perfect for us. The hotel has a great location, close to some attractions, and close to the subway, walking distance to some restaurants.

As you read, the rooms are small, but you have everything you need. We splurged for room with a shower. We had a queen bed, with drawer space under the bed. We had a small desk, a closet with a curtain. The bathroom was small but sufficient. I think the only thing I found too small was the sink, because I splashed some water while washing my face, but the whole sink area was stainless, so I didn't drench the room in water. I told my husband it felt like staying at IKEA, everything was compact, but functional and really all we needed. We even had two windows that opened, one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom.

The staff were helpful when we checked in, and treated us to a drink at the bar. We stopped by one night and the manager introduced herself and chatted with us about what we were seeing while we were in the city.

If you are looking for a more affordable choice while staying in Manhattan, I recommend this hotel.

NOTE: the photos make the bed look a bit smaller than it is, the bed is a full queen!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank crisr506
Girona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

The location is quite good, walking distance to every major sights. Very clean and not expensive, but the rooms are quite small.

Although nothing to do woth a top-end hotel, of course, it is also much better than any regular hostel you can get for this price anywhere in the city. I'd go back again!

Room Tip: If you don't like noise in your sleep, you'd better get a room on the top floors or bring yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kimi_Gi
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 9 nights in january. We had read previous comments about the rooms being tiny so we where prepared for the worst. Luckely, and happily surprised, our queen-pod room was more spacious then we expected. The room was clean and we had new towels every day. Internet, wi-fi, was avaliable in the room and it worked fine. The location was great with the subwaystation just 2 short blocks away. There are lots of good restaurants in the area and a minimarket just around the corner.
We would definetly recomend this hotel to friends and family and will definetly come back.

Room Tip: Queen-pod room, highfloor.
Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple