“Sleeing”
Review of Pod 51 Hotel

Pod 51 Hotel
Ranked #233 of 469 Hotels in New York City

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the Pod last weekend. They are very clean rooms and the location is awesome. Short walk to Time square, 5th avenue and great restaurants. Rooms are what they are, small. But it's not a bad place to put your head. Great roof deck for having a bottle of wine and a snack. Try Mimi's Italian restaurant around the corner.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I used this hotel for economy on a trip to NYC for a conference. It was a tiny room, but didn't feel cramped, had all the amenities I needed and was well located for this particular trip. I would highly recommend it as an inexpensive alternative on the upper east side.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just stayed at Pod 51 last weekend. The rooms are very small, and some do not have their own bathrooms (you use the common one in the hallway.) I had one with a bathroom, a double bed, small sink area, and small desk area. Basically the bed is turned sideways, and there's about 2 feet to walk between the bed and the wall.

For this trip I was attending a writer's conference at another hotel. This was great because it allowed me to save approximately $100/night. I wasn't in the room all day, so it didn't matter to me what the room was like. It was somewhere to keep my stuff and sleep at night.

The only thing I'd say is bring earplugs. The door was pretty thin, and I could hear people going in and out of their rooms all night.

They have a café area in the lobby and a lovely roof deck as well. Room was in nice condition. Clean and sparse. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. The doors are thin and you can hear people going in and out of their rooms all nig...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A friend recommended the 'Pod' for my return visit to NYC. It's location is superb, on the edge of Manhattan and close to the subway.
My room was plenty big enough for my needs, The lights that indicated the availability of the bathrooms across the corridor saved waiting.
The view from the room is spectacular and a great place to unwind.
The coffee shop supplements the abundance of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed one night at the Pod 51 hotel. I had a very early morning flight out of LaGuardia and it was recommended to me as a reasonable option to more expensive or less appealing options near the airport The staff was friendly and efficient. The location was excellent and convenient to many small restaurants as well as transportation. The free in room wireless was an added bonus.

The room, while small, was clean and comfortable with bedding as good as the Westin, Hilton, and Marriott hotels I had stayed at earlier in the trip. My wake up call was on time and through the hotel, I was able to book a car to the airport the night before and it showed up on time at 3:30am so I had no worries about getting to the airport on time.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
I

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AmyOakPark
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in the comfy bunk bed pod which was about the size of a very large walk-in-closet (~ 10-12' wide), but we only used it for sleeping, so it was perfect for our needs. Each door has a little bathroom light panel to show which of the 4 hall baths are occupied. Baths are clean and convenient. There is a safe in the room, a desk, and a small stainless sink area. Towels and toiletries are provided. We felt very safe in the area, walking without fear from Broadway to the hotel every night. A couple of blocks up the street, there is a concealed police and fire station, but we only heard the sirens one night, and not for long. Location is convenient to the United Nations, luxury shopping, the theatre district, and Grand Central. We will return!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family