My partner and I stayed in a Queen room on the 14th floor (out of 14) for a couple weeks while holidaying in New York during December.
The room was small (as the name of the hotel suggests!), but the limited space was used very effectively. The room was very clean. The room also had a heater that kept the temperature very comfortable during the day and night.
The only cons were that:
- the walls were thin, so you could hear the sirens in the street during the night and people in adjoining rooms if they were being moderately noisy.
- WiFi (included in the room rate) was a bit patchy at times, though after a day or two we found that there was a sweet point in the room (near the desk) where you could get good coverage.
Great location. Short walk (approx 3 minutes) to the closest train station (6, E and M lines). Very close to plenty of buses that run along 2nd and 3rd avenues. Close to many bars and restaurants and also very close to a supermarket (Food Emprium) near the corner of 2nd avenue and 51st street.
In a nutshell, it was small, but very clean and overall was pretty good value for money. I would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hippest affordable hotel in New York City, where new friends are made every day. Room types for every budget and preference. Free WiFi and week day walking tours. Kick back and relax in our lobby, grab a bite to eat at our cafe, or soak up the city in our beautiful rooftop garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pod 51 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pod Hotel New York City
- The Pod Hotel
- Pod Hotel Nyc
- Pod New York City