5,552 results
All reviews shared bathroom bunk bed room pickwick arms private bath rooms are small new york ess a bagel rooftop deck budget hotel around the corner place to sleep small desk times square subway station central park location is great rockefeller center
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We probably paid the most of anyone staying in the hotel while we were there. I'd have rated this hotel a 5 if our rate had been $250 vs the $300 we paid. It wasn't worth that when we could have stayed at some other nicer hotels for the same price has they not sold out before I could book. But, if you can get a good deal this is a great hotel. Clean, great location, nice selection of breakfast and snack foods and easy to deal with. I loved that the windows opened so you could get fresh air. Our A/C worked fine and provided white noise. The bed is very firm. However, that is kind of a bonus since you don't disturb your bedmate as you shift around. You do hear door closing from the hall but ear plugs keep noises down. A bonus to the tiny rooms is this isn't a place where people hang out in their rooms and party!

The subway is a few short blocks away. Rockefeller Center is a straight shot down e 51st, about 5 long blocks. Plenty of good restaurants right around the hotel.

I didn't expect the hotel to be as nice as it was and was pleased with our stay.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from elevators and bathrooms
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank bchbetha
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My cousin and I stayed here for a girls trip to New York - being our first time in New York we were not sure what to expect and with everything booked we were so happy that this hotel could accomodate us. Reading the reviews we really didn't know what to expect but we were pleasantly suprised! Fair enough the hotel room was on the smaller side but really New York is all about going sightseeing so we didn't feel too concerned about room size. Our room was funky and modern not necessarily luxurious but it was a great staring pad for all our adventures. If you are used to staying at nicer hotels, with larger rooms and plush bedding and amenties this hotel is probably not for you but if you want to stay somewhere comfortable, reasonably priced (considering this is NY) clean and in a safe area then this hotel is the place! We had a shower within our room which was sort of open European style which was fine. We would stay here again. There is a great little restaurant downstairs and several other yummy restaurants within walking distance. This place is away from all the craziness of staying in Times Square but Times Square is not all that far away either, which worked great for us.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelgal_5219
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Just returned from the Pod hotel with my teenage daughter. Rooms reminded me of being in a cruiseship cabin. Very small but efficient with a spot for eveything . Great for a weekend or a stay for a few days. Rooms are as they appear on the website. Very clean, Free wireless in both rooms and lobby great for our laptops and ipads. We tried the bunkbed room with shared bathroom. Worked out perfectly. Bathrooms very clean, safe and never had to wait to use. Subway close by (5 min) walk. Had a very European, modern feel. For the price excellent value. Not suitable for people who expect and require alot of space. Very streamlined. I can't wait to return back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I know that space is everything in New York, but this was ridiculous. There was not even 5 inches between the bed and the outside wall. The bathroom was no bigger than an airplanes, and premoted a feeling of claustrophobia. The "free" internet connection was also a joke. It never worked properly and when it did there were only a few bars of service, so everything went very slow. I had to do business while I was away and it made it very difficult to do with the wireless connection as poor as it was. We spent our last day walking around the city before we decided to drive home, but had to check out by 1pm. We left our bags with the bellman, and was assured that they would be secure ( there were two computers and two e readers with our luggage). What we failed to realized until we got home was that one of our bags was missing. It went missing during the day while we were gone, because I do not remember it being loaded on to the luggage rack at 10 pm to be taken out to the car. We called and asked if the bag was found in the luggage room and we were told that no one has seen it. All they could tell us was that we need to speak with the manager who wasn't available until the next day. Yet we had been calling all day why weren't we transferred to the manager when the problem first arose? I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: Ask for the sq. ft of the room in not provided
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Chichors9
Reviewed May 21, 2011

This hotel is great if you want a modern, clean, no frills attached place to stay in New York that is central. A great price for what you get, probably the best thing going around if you don't want to have your passport stolen in a dodgey hostel.

Date of stay: December 2010