“PEE IN THE BED!!!”

Montreal, Canada
“PEE IN THE BED!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

DO NOT BOOK THERE!
This hotel is disgusting, I can't imagine how they still can be open!!
When we first got there in the afternoon, we had a bad feeling. First of all, the place isn't clean at all, the room is small with a terrible bathroom and the door wouldn't even open completely. The "complimentary breakfast" they offer is at the subway next door.
When we got back from a show at 23h30, we decided to sleep in pyjamas and socks because we were so disguted bu the bed. Then we realized the bed was wet at the end. We opened the light and saw it was yellowish. The sheets were soaked but the cover wasn't :S And it smelled bad also.
We asked for a refund, but we had to come back 2 days later to argue with the manager to get 75% of our money back. He said they offered us another room and we didn't take it.
Pictures will follow.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank meg6199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Dunedin, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

Excellent locaiton (one block from Times Square) and very friendly, helpfull staff. Great if you are staying by yourself and want somewhere relatively cheap and safe to stay in a private room. Room I was in was small but adequate, but stank of cigarettes, and every morning I would wake up with a sore throat and headache. Free wireless internet and breakfast was a bonus. Great value for its location.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank ret26ster
uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

Receptionist had to be called from Subway next door for checking in, but during the time spent waiting for him I became concerned about the cleanliness and overall maintenance on this property. I asked to see the room before checking in, trudged 3 floor to see the dirtiest, dingy, poorly maintained accommodation I have ever encountered.
Badly in need of a complete renovation; I declined to check in and asked for my reservation to be cancelled which was done grudgingly.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank nmhbh

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2009

We stayed in this place, it is just HORRIBLE. There were mice in our room (also in other rooms) and we had to buy a mouse trap at 2' in the morning...
We are two easy-going students and we just need a clean place to sleep, but this was really the worst hotel we have ever seen. Please spend a little more money then staying in this place. That Pakistani (?) boss belongs in prison!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Percussive
abo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

It was my second time in this hotel (1st was july 2007). Location could't be better, manager and his staff was very friendly, every morning good breakfast (which included). Hey, when I travel I spend my time in the City not in hotel. Bed and bathroom is all I need for the night and that's what I got with reasonable price. This is New York you people! Book in PlazaHotel or stay home if you can't stand a little roughness...

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Persevaara
Northern Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2009

Where do I start! Let me first set the scene.
Hotel was booked by the business and was only a stopover for the weekend before our business trip to Ohio. (Seemingly they had a problem finding a hotel in the centre with any vacancies!!) Eventually found out that there was a gay rights parade that weekend!
Entrance was anything but appealing. I sent my colleagues in first to survey the rooms. After the 3rd room they finally got something half decent. (I think they over exaggerated half decent!) On seeing my room I immediately left them with the luggage and walked up and down the surrounding streets going into every hotel begging for rooms for the next 2 nights.
Eventually helped by a really helpful assistant manager called Luke at the Milford Plaza who at least found us 3 rooms for the sunday night. Nothing for the Saturday night. OH NO, this meant we had no option!
Room was incredibly small with the bed jammed between 3 walls. How they have the nerve to call it ensuite with a shower stuck in the corner with both the sink and the toilet both overhanging into it. Did I mention how dirty it was!
There was a 1950's dresser with a tv on top with a hanger stuck in for an aerial. A broken A/C unit was stuck in the window which might as well have been a wall as it was so dirty.
The bedding was dirty looking and all the skirting boards were hanging off and before I could even try to sleep in this Hell hole we went for some drinks and jammed the suitcase against the door as the lock didn't seem very secure.
I know this seems a bit dramatic, but I seriously can't believe that this hotel is allowed to remain open in such a prominent tourist area.
If you are sceptical about the review then you are welcome to give it a go!!!!
It's worrying that 3 of the better reviews are from people in the UK!!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
8 Thank GIXER69
Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2009

We booked this room online and the photos looked good for the price. I wasn't expecting the waldorf, but I was expecting cleanliness. As soon as they took us up to our room I burst out in tears. Keep in mind this was the week before Christmas and NYC was crowded!! I ask for a different room. They took us to a room they said was "one level up" from the room we were given. It smelled like something had died and they tried to cover it up with spray. You could barely move in either of the rooms and they had no window. I literally broke out in hives and I thought my husband was going to hurt someone. We took all our luggage back down to the very tiny lobby and told them no way could we stay there. I was barely able to breathe by this time from crying and hyperventalating. The girl at the desk said she would have to call the manager to come out. While we were waiting I had called numerous hotels with no luck. Finally one of the hotels gave us the number to the Hilton Garden Inn right up the street. She had a friend that worked there. He got us in for $285 and this hotel is one block over from Times Square. Our issue now was the NY Inn had already charged our card for the 4 night stay there. I called the credit card company not expecting that the Inn would give us a credit and they immediately put a stop on the payment. Once the manager arrived and saw the condition I was in and how irate my husband was he had no problem reversing the charges. Bottom line if you don't care about being clean this is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple