DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Ranked #185 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 9, 2007

We had a great stay - the suite accomodated our family with plenty of room especially for NYC. Room was clean and in nice condition. Service was quick and responsive. Location in Times Square was excellent.

1  Thank ebbetts
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square

Reviewed July 30, 2007

First of all, this hotel has real suites. I have been to other hotels where the name "suite" is used if there is a sofa/coffee table sitting area. Our suite had a separate, walled-in bedroom.

I was traveling w/ my sister and her daughter. While looking for accommodations, I thought I would need two rooms because "the girls," especially my 17 y.o. niece, would want privacy. As this was their first time to NY, I wanted a hotel right in the thick of it. In the theatre district during the high season ( July), it was difficult to find an acceptable 3-star hotel offering rooms under $200/nt. I was prepared to do one of two things: Get one decent-sized hotel room for 260/nt and tell them they would have to sacrifice privacy, or go down to a 2-star and rent two rooms.

The Doubletree offered a compromise. It was almost $400/nt, but it was roomy. The sofa sleeper was comfortable. I can't vouch for every sofa in the hotel, but the one I slept on was great. It was big enough for 2 adults who don't mind getting cozy. Plus the cushions could make a bed for someone under 5 ft.

When we closed the door to the bedroom, there was complete privacy for me and them. We each had our own t.v. I had the "kitchen" and they had the bath. Privacy was never a problem.

Oh, and my sister wanted a smoking room. Some hotels are exclusively NON smoking. Our floor was a smoking floor, and you could tell, but I did not smell smoke anywhere else (and I am a non smoker).

All in all, it fit the bill. It had location, quality, and lots of room.

2  Thank Traveler_NOLA
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Two teen girls and two adults just spent a weekend at the Doubletree and it was fabulous! The views from our room overlooking Times Square were just gorgeous and we were centrally located to shopping and access via subway to the city. The proximity to play tickets and theaters couldn't have been any better, and the location was simply great for us. No bedbugs, in fact...the bedding was as comfortable as any I've slept on. We had enough sinks for everyone for teeth brushing, etc. The security was good and the folks who worked there were really friendly. I would rate this very high as a hotel for families who want nice convenient lodging and don't mind the bustle of Times Square. We felt the hotel was very well priced for Manhattan and provided every courtesy and amenity we needed.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank MomInVa3
Reviewed July 29, 2007

The only thing good about this hotel are the cookies and the location. The staff was friendly but my room was not that clean and it was on the small side. The windows in this place were so dirty you could hardly see a view. The business center was so expensive that it was ridiculous! I won't be staying here again even if it was free.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ebokee
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I stayed twice in this month and it has been a perfect room and very spacious and it suite looking through times sqaure, the first time I stayed I booked the Discover Downtown Package and stayed in room 2708 (looking to the screen that are on the Renaissance Hotel) and they gave me a gift card for Century 21 (a store and I never used it) coupond for a mall and many coupons.... I tought the internet was free (becuase other people had said so), but on my second stay I reserved the same room but as we checked in they asked us if we wanted a view and and if we wanted a high floor I said yes, they gave us room 3601 which was a big suite, i think it was called Conference suitre and it was bigger. And they gave us free wireless, beacse we were in executive floors. Yay!

1  Thank mf3551
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We stay at the Doubletree from July 23-26. We were very impressed. Two adults and 3 children (6,8,9) stayed very comfortably in one room. We lucked into a room on the 42nd floor. Ocassionally we could hear other guests in the halls but we never heard the noise of Times Square. The two double beds were very comfortable. The sofa bed wasn't the greatest, but it was just a sofa bed. The little refrig and microwave were very handy for a lite bite to eat. Check in was painless. The entire process took less than 10 minutes. The concierege was well informed and always helpful.

No real compliants, just a few minor issues: One tv remote did not work and never got fixed. We were only given decaf coffee in the room (although once requested, regular coffee was provided) and the nline to speak with the concierege did get long sometimes.

Overall, we were very pleased and would not hesitate to return.

2  Thank chasnative
Reviewed July 28, 2007

The staff was very professional and helpful and the room was adequate for a suite hotel. Nothing special though.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple