“Excellent hotel; great location, large suite, good price for New York City”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Ranked #178 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Naples, Florida
“Excellent hotel; great location, large suite, good price for New York City”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The Doubletree Guest Suites is located right on the corner of 47th, 7th and Broadway; right in the heart of times square. The view of times square was amazing. The hotel was clean, the suite was large and comfortable. Large bathroom, queen bedroom with view, livingroom with small bar/frig/coffee maker and also a view of Times Square. The price was good for a New York Hotel in Times Square. Would definitely stay here again if we return to New York.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,555)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2010

My 14 year old daugther and I spent 4 days in NYC last week and it was our first time. The hotel was just what we wanted. A beautifui room with space for hanging out, clean and well equipped. We were at the centre of everything being right in Times Square and when we entered the hotel it was a refuge from the craziness of the street outside. We felt safe, Damaris at the front desk welcomed us when we arrived and was very friendly and Miguel at the Bell Desk was amazing he arranged for a car pick up to the airport and was extremely helpful with our bags when we checked out on our last day. I would stay at this hotel for return trips to NYC.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This was the most perfect hotel, HANDS DOWN! I booked this hotel for a 3 night stay with my husband and two teenage kids (young adults!). It was their first time in NYC and I was hoping that by staying in Times Square, it would give them a truly unique experience and taste of NYC. Well, it did that and more!

Upon arrival, the friendly doormen greeted us and told us to head to the third floor for check-in. We arrived early and were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready for us. It was a beautiful room with two queen beds and a living room with pull-out sofa bed. Perfect for our family. The bathroom was large and accessible from either room. Each room had a flat screen tv. The room had a mini-bar, coffee maker and microwave. We could not have asked for more. The location of this hotel is absolutely perfect. It is in the heart of Times Square and what more could you ask for??!! It is also directly across from the TKTS booth where you can get same day tickets for shows. We went to see Rock of Ages and it was great! The subway is at the door and the Grey Line Bus Tours start right across the street from the hotel.

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. The doormen were the ones we interacted with most and they always were very pleasant and smiling. On our last day, they saw us with our suitcases and took 2 seconds to get us into a cab to the train station.

We used the concierge service a couple of times and they were quite helpful. The only concern I would express there is that we asked for a restaurant recommendation and they made a reservation for us at an Italian restaurant that we felt was on the pricey side (entrees were $25 and up, not including any appetizer) after telling them that we wanted a family type restaurant. So, just make sure you ask the price range if you get a recommendation from the concierge. Despite the price, the food and service was quite good.

We did not hear any of the Times Square noise from our room and we were on the 17th floor. It was nice that when entering the hotel, the doormen were checking to make sure you were a guest of the hotel and not someone just walking in. One night, they would not let someone in who claimed he was going up to meet his friend.

I would return to stay at this hotel in a heartbeat! The location was perfect, the staff and the service was impeccable and the rooms were very clean and well-appointed. This is a great property!

Madison, Connecticut
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My wife and I together with our 14 year old son and his friend decided to do a one night getaway to NYC, and chose the Doubletree Times Square. Right from the start, the service was impeccable, including having a toothbrush, toothpaste and extra towels promptly delivered to the room. The staff then followed up later with a phone call to see if there was anything else we needed. And be sure to ask for extra chocolate chip cookies, they were delicious (and complimentary!!). The breakfast buffet the following morning offered a wide variety of hot and cold items and the waitstaff was likewise very attentive. When it comes to customer service and comfy rooms with great views, the Doubletree is a great pick! Thanks!!

1 Thank Hiltonfans
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is the fifth year that we have come to New York for hte US Open and to take in the city. In each of those years, we have stayed at the Doubletree Times Square and three of those years we have been assited by Jennie. She is funny, personable, and most importnatnly for us, she remembers us from year to year and recalls what we like to do besides the US Open. This year we saw two plays (i.e. Promises, Promise & Memphis)versus our ususal one. They were great and just the right temperment that we needed for our annual trip to the City. Finally, we love the fresh, hot chocolate chip cookies at registration. They are great start to our trip. It really is in the details.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wendell K
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This was my third trip to New York for a vacation and I was very skeptical about New York and the hotels therein. However, I thought that the Doubletree Times Square was very well manged, clean and secure. I would definatley stay there again. I stayed with my wife and 7 yr old daughter and the room allowed my wife and I privacy while allowing our daughter to wake up early and busy herself in the other room.
The one exceptional high point in the trip was bellman John Barnes who proved to be a valuable resource on where to eat and where to go in the area. I orignially went by the official consierge to ask where my family and I could eat something "New Yorky". Of the few times I went by I was treated like I was inconviencing these folks, they were generally unfriendly and upon my request to eat somewhere "New Yorky" I got the eye-roll. In my opinion, bypass these worthless ladies and find John Barnes. He directed us to subway locations, pizza, deli's and breakfasts that I thought were well worth his advice. I would have rated service higher if John had not been the only jewel in their service department.
On Sunday through Thursday is a happy hour down in the lounge and the selection while slim is good. I wish they extended it to all days as we would have started our evenings in the lounge rather than giving money to the bars and resturants.
From La Guardia it is about an hour drive and about $40 by taxi. It is directly on the square so expect crazy crowds especially when shows let out.
There is free internet only in the lounge which is always a bummer when you are paying these downtown rates. However, it is fast and easy to connect to.
The rooms are clean but lack some storage areas. The bed was very comfortable and my daughter had no problems on the pull out sofa.
As for security, the hotel is accessable only though a street level elevator that is manned. You must have a key to enter the hotel proper and then must go through the lobby to a second set of elevators. I was never concerned once I was in the hotel.

1 Thank Tree95
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2010

In connection with a four day program we held at the hotel, the staff assigned to assist us both in day-to-day activities and special programs was outstanding. To ask for a change in procedures, or suggest a change in menu or services, was to have it responded to promptly and thoughtfully. Several of the staff assigned to us were Raisa Lopez, John Lopez, Gus Montesantos, Lorenzo, Gustavo and Elwin (I didn't get their last names). A really superior performance.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
D0ubletreeTimeSq_Mgt, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
Dear LiOn59_10,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our Doubletree! I am so happy to learn how much you enjoyed our catering and meeting rooms and services. Please let us know if there was anything we could have done to make your stay even better and to receive a 5/5 review. Thanks again for choosing Doubletree Times Square and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Tommy Wu