DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$349
$271
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$239
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$189
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
$365
$322
8,556 results
All reviewstimes squaredouble treewarm cookiesgreat locationnew yorkliving roomtkts boothwet barpull out sofathird floorcorner suitestreet levellarge bathroomconcierge deskcan't beat the locationroom keycentral park
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is the fifth year that we have come to New York for hte US Open and to take in the city. In each of those years, we have stayed at the Doubletree Times Square and three of those years we have been assited by Jennie. She is funny, personable, and most importnatnly for us, she remembers us from year to year and recalls what we like to do besides the US Open. This year we saw two plays (i.e. Promises, Promise & Memphis)versus our ususal one. They were great and just the right temperment that we needed for our annual trip to the City. Finally, we love the fresh, hot chocolate chip cookies at registration. They are great start to our trip. It really is in the details.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendell K
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This was my third trip to New York for a vacation and I was very skeptical about New York and the hotels therein. However, I thought that the Doubletree Times Square was very well manged, clean and secure. I would definatley stay there again. I stayed with my wife and 7 yr old daughter and the room allowed my wife and I privacy while allowing our daughter to wake up early and busy herself in the other room.
The one exceptional high point in the trip was bellman John Barnes who proved to be a valuable resource on where to eat and where to go in the area. I orignially went by the official consierge to ask where my family and I could eat something "New Yorky". Of the few times I went by I was treated like I was inconviencing these folks, they were generally unfriendly and upon my request to eat somewhere "New Yorky" I got the eye-roll. In my opinion, bypass these worthless ladies and find John Barnes. He directed us to subway locations, pizza, deli's and breakfasts that I thought were well worth his advice. I would have rated service higher if John had not been the only jewel in their service department.
On Sunday through Thursday is a happy hour down in the lounge and the selection while slim is good. I wish they extended it to all days as we would have started our evenings in the lounge rather than giving money to the bars and resturants.
From La Guardia it is about an hour drive and about $40 by taxi. It is directly on the square so expect crazy crowds especially when shows let out.
There is free internet only in the lounge which is always a bummer when you are paying these downtown rates. However, it is fast and easy to connect to.
The rooms are clean but lack some storage areas. The bed was very comfortable and my daughter had no problems on the pull out sofa.
As for security, the hotel is accessable only though a street level elevator that is manned. You must have a key to enter the hotel proper and then must go through the lobby to a second set of elevators. I was never concerned once I was in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Tree95
Reviewed September 2, 2010

In connection with a four day program we held at the hotel, the staff assigned to assist us both in day-to-day activities and special programs was outstanding. To ask for a change in procedures, or suggest a change in menu or services, was to have it responded to promptly and thoughtfully. Several of the staff assigned to us were Raisa Lopez, John Lopez, Gus Montesantos, Lorenzo, Gustavo and Elwin (I didn't get their last names). A really superior performance.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
D0ubletreeTimeSq_Mgt, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2010

Dear LiOn59_10,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our Doubletree! I am so happy to learn how much you enjoyed our catering and meeting rooms and services. Please let us know if there was anything we could have done to make your stay even better and to receive a 5/5 review. Thanks again for choosing Doubletree Times Square and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed at the DoubleTree for 6 nights, I am a HHonors member and this is the 2nd time we have stayed at this location..The rooms are very big, quiet, the only street noise you would hear would be the firetrucks..Great location for all of the Subway lines, and to take in a Broadway Play..We will stay at this DoulbeTree in the future for sure !
We saw the Play The Addams Family..Very good and funny !!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Richard,

Thank you so much for writing a review for our hotel and for visiting us again! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your spacious suite as well as the quietness during your stay - all our guest suites start at the 8th floor and goes all the way to the 43rd - to make sure our guests get the best night of rest possible and shielded from the hustle and bustle of Times Square during rest time. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 29, 2010

I loved looking out the window at any time of the day and seeing Times Square alive and bustling with people. It made my first NYC experience a really good one. Very modern and well-decorated lobby. And the free cookies were delicious!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Taylor,

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel! I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us and we made your first NYC experience a really good one! Come back soon for our suites and our 'suite' Doubletree chocolate chip cookies!!