DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$177
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$144
$116
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$354
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
$339
$314
8,552 results
All reviewstimes squaredouble treewarm cookiesgreat locationnew yorkliving roomtkts boothwet barpull out sofathird floorcorner suitestreet levellarge bathroomconcierge deskcan't beat the locationroom keycentral park
Reviewed May 31, 2005

This is a great location and all rooms above floor 15 have been renovated. They are working down to the bottm so it will all be renovated soon..Just ask to make sure you get one of those. Beds are heavenly with down comforters and 5 pillows/bed(2 are down 2 are reg and 1 extra) Spacious bedroom area as well as sitting area. 2 Large TVS microwave, coffe maker, fridge. Large well lit bathroom. Very quiet altho heart of Times Square. Staff very helpful. You receive warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival. We had to store our bags and laptop for a few hours til we could check in around 1(which is still early) Security excellent. Storage room where luggage is very secure. Must show room key or ID for access above Lobby. This eliminates gawkers who come in and tie up the elevators like they do at the Marriot Marquee across the street. Longest wait for an elevator was 30 sec and the hotel was sold out. Went to have cocktails at the Marriott and waited 10 minutes. Concierge very helpful as well. We did not dine there so can't comment. There is a 3 story McDonald's restaurant right next door(if you have picky kids) Prices are same as everywhere else there. Many dining choices nearby. Subway right out the front door too. We would definitely stay here again. We paid $349/nt(with tax it was really around $400/nt) The convenience and comfort was well worth it!

11  Thank gina r
Reviewed May 23, 2005

We stayed for four nights recently and we definitely loved the location as first timers to NYC. We took in a lot of Broadway shows so it was perfect.
The hotel has just recently undergone room renovations so all the furniture is brand new (although the desk in our room had a cigarette burn in it -- and we were apparently in a non-smoking room). Our bed was very comfy and the fridge was great for drinks and snacks. We checked in at 11 p.m. and went up to our room and I wasn't impressed as it looked nothing like the pics on the internet. As we soon figured out, we were in a handicapped room and thus that was the reason for the huge oversized bathroom which ate up a third of our total space. The bedroom was okay sized but the living room was very small and were unable to get around when the hide-a-bed was pulled out. I didn't feel like contacting the front desk and requesting a new room that late and in the morning we were anxious to get going so I let it slide. On our last day I chatted with the housekeeping staff and she showed me some of the other rooms and man, did I feel burned. Definitely let them know that you do not want a handicapped room, unless of course you require it, as the other rooms have much more space and almost had an apartment feel, whereas our room felt like a cramped hotel room. In retrospect, I should have requested a new room upon arrival. On the upside, we were facing Times Square which was great -- but really how much time do you want to spend looking out at the neon lights?
I found all front desk staff to be not the least bit friendly, especially upon checkout when I advised that we had not touched the minibar and charges had shown up on our bill. She did reverse them but not without a sigh.
On the second day everything in our fridge froze as there is no way to adjust it and it took a second phone call that night to get someone up to fix it. I had also requested an extra blanket and that took a day. Also, the cookies that I had heard so much about were not available the first two nights but on the third night we did receive them and they are absolutely divine! The concierge was not in the best of moods when I went down to buy bus tour tickets but then again, the obnoxious woman in front of me had made the concierge photocopy about 20 maps with not even a thank you. She was very nice the next night when I inquired about movie theatres and gave me a print-out of the area theatres.
We did eat in the restaurant one night and it was fabulous, although there was only one other table besides us there. Being as the hotel is so secure, I don't know if only guests of the hotel can eat there, but I would recommend it for a dinner before a show. Our waiter was great and very attentive without being overwhelming.
All in all, this would be a great hotel to stay at with kids or if you just want the extra space and want to be in the centre of it all, but make sure you don't get stuck in a small room like we did! If I was travelling just two people I would stay at the W or somewhere else in the area but since we really wanted the separate bedroom this hotel fit the bill. The price is not cheap, we paid $349 a night, and while it suited our needs I don't think I'll stay there again as for that money you can get a much more deluxe room in the same area.

10  Thank Supermint
A TripAdvisor Member
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed May 17, 2005

Our first visit to NYC and the location alone of this hotel is fantastic. Add to that the ground floor security, the friendly staff, the cleanliness and a corner suite and it makes this hotel very difficult to beat!!! (Almost forgot, they throw in fabulous cookies too).

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 10, 2005

This is the second time we have stayed here in the last 9 months. Still the best hotel in the area...maybe in all NYC when you consider the value. You are getting a two room suite with frig. microwave,wet bar, 2 TV's, etc. Compare that to the trypical NY one room venues. Got a great room on the 41 st floor over looking 7th ave, Rock Center and even Central Park. To me...that was worth the price of the room. House keeping was excellent...sparkling clean each day. Jimmy at the curb unloaded our car upon arrival without a hitch and took care of us when we left to the point of stopping traffic on 7th ave so that I could safely pull out into traffic. Security...a must in Times Square....is professional and without flaw at both of our stays. We will be back in NYC and honestly I will not even reserach another hotel. I have been to a lot of hotels in my time and considering all things...this is STILL THE BEST. If you are looking for a over priced hotel with a bunch of snobs as guest and staff then don't come here.....please. This is a down to earth good value at a top of the line Hotel.

9  Thank reron22
Reviewed May 2, 2005

This is my favorite New York hotel. The only drawback is if you drive in there isn't parking at the hotel it's about a half-block away. But that's a five minute mini-problem.

The first thing I love is the security area on the ground floor. You tell the security guard your name and he checks to see if you have a reservation. If you do (or already have a key) you go up to the lobby on the third floor. The view from the lobby through the ceiling is cool. You can look up at the large televsion while you check in. And those Doubletree cookies alone are enough for me to look for Doubletree hotels while travelling.

Although, I stayed alone, I could see where families would like this hotel, as the rooms are more spacious than anywhere else I've ever stayed in Manhattan. I had a living room with a comfortable couch. In the bedroom a comfortable bed that I didn't want to get out of.The view I get may disappoint others, but I had a Peeping Tom's delight I was could look in at the office building across the way.

Also you can't hear a peep from the street and you're at the busiest intersection in the world. I was on the 20th floor and couldn't hear anything. Try that at some other Manhattan hotels.

The area is very hectic and there is something for everyone nearby. Two doors down is the Times Square McDonald's. Every tourist to New York should go there once for the people watching alone. And the prices have come down in the last couple of years. A few years back an extra value meal cost around $7 now it was just over $5.

If you are coming with small kids, I'd make sure to lock up the honor bar because a can of Coke at 3.50 may be out of some families' budgets.

The breakfast buffet, while it may appear expensive to an out-of-towner, is a bargain for New York. It has a great variety of meats, pancakes, fruits, and cereals.

I am actually impressed with the size of the fitness room. Most hotels that have complimentary fitness rooms only have maybe 2 or 3 pieces of cardio equipment. There must have been at least a dozen cardio machines and even some free weights. And it's in a great location to overlook the lounge.

If this is your first time to New York, you're coming with a family, and want to be in the center of midtown, this is the place that I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2005