This hotel is in a great location . After months of looking and having stayed in DBT and Hiltons before I chose this hotel to spend my 65th Birthday with my family. As soon as the booking was made via telephone from UK. The problems started. Wrong charges, wrong allocation of people to rooms. Overchaging of $135. It took lots of emails and calls to US to sort out. So on my arrival I was already wary of what could happen. Then I met Doris on the Frount Desk who was the most patronising person in that role that i have ever met. After lots of sorting out we finally moved rooms the next day and thias was down to Dobrina Carrara AFO Manager showing Customer Care and skills that you would execpt from a chain such as Hilton.
The rooms are large and very clean. Beds were bliss, although my daughter had to sleep on sofabed for 5 nights. Breakfast in Gingers was excellent and this was given FOC because of all the problems. All other staff that we came in contact with were very nice.
I just wished when boking out that we had had Daniel to book us in. We wre still owed $79 and he sorted that out. He knew his job and more.
I would go back if just a couple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Hotel New York City