“Doubletree Times Square, Great Location”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Ranked #183 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 31, 2008

I've stayed here twicw with my wife. The location is perfect for shows, walking distance to attractions, etc.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (8,349)

Reviewed December 31, 2008

Our family of 5 stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square November 21st - 25th and loved it. The room accomodated the 5 of us perfectly, and we loved the location. Our kids were visiting New York for the first time and the Times Square location really wowed them. We liked the central location and walked most everywhere. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were suprisingly quiet. Would highly recommend staying here, we felt like it was a good value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Just returned from a one night stay at the Doubletree to see a show and NYC at Christmas. We were able to check in early and given a room that overlooked the M&Ms store, my son's favorite place. We were a 15 minute walk to everything we wanted to do. Yes, the crowds are hard to navigate when you exit the hotel, especially when the theaters are starting and letting out, but that's the fun of Times Square, you just go with the flow! The lobby construction looks almost to be done, but it wasn't an inconvenience at all. The rooms are huge compared to NYC standards, separate bedroom, living room, big bathroom and wet bar in the living room. We will be staying at this hotel whenever we return, it's great for families. Also, if you are traveling with children, Mars 2112 is a really fun place to go to dinner. The food is so, so but the whole experience is "out of this world."

Reviewed December 28, 2008

I booked this through "cheaptickets.com". What a perfect location! I was in NYC to celebrate my birthday with friends (nov 14). I booked it the day before my birthday for less than $200 including tax!
It faced the lights of Times Square which made me so happy I booked there. I really felt like I was in the middle of it all when I looked out the window. The room was HUGE for NY. Two rooms, one queen bed, one pullout couch and a bathroom which was bigger than the one I have at home!
2 TV s and a mini-bar.
Wow, what a good deal for the money.
Granted it is not a 5-star hotel, but I really considered this a "score" for the money - and it was just a couple blocks from Winter Garden theater where I saw Mama Mia! Caroline's comedy club was next to the theater so I had a really nice birthday.
Having the weather be 60 degrees was a bonus, but I can't guarantee that for you.
I can say the hotel was great - also allowed late check-out.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2008

I booked a Hilton Honors stay at the Doubletree Times Square for Dec 13-17 and was pleasantly surprised! After reading some reviews on check in and potential rude employees I was a little concerned.
No need to worry and this place is in the middle of everything you need to get to. Having never been to New York we found it very easy to navigate to our broadway shows and pick up the tour bus across the street.

Also if you are an Hilton Honors member you receive 2 breakfast copupons for each night of your stay. At $25 per breakfast that definitely helps out. If we visit New York again I wouldn't hesitate to book at this Doubletree again.

Reviewed December 21, 2008

We stayed at the hotel from Dec 12-14 using Hilton Honors points. We arrived from Los Angeles at 7 AM and were very pleasantly surprised when they allowed us to check in early. We were given room 1202 which faced Times Square. We were very happy to get a room facing all the lights and sights of Broadway right beneath us.

There were 3 of us staying so it really came in handy to have the suite with the family room and the pull out sofa. The bed in the bedroom was very comfortable and I was told that the sofabed was also comfortable. We also liked having a microwave and a fridge in the room for drinks and leftovers.

We were somewhat low in the hotel on the 12th floor since I believe the hotel has 40+ floors but the noise below was manageable. We didn't have any problems sleeping. The heater in the room wasn't the type to set by degree and was tricky to find a medium between warm enough and too hot but once we did it was fine.

The location of the hotel is the main reason why we chose this hotel and we were not disappointed. It is right across from the TKTS center and we used it one afternoon to get tickets. We saw a couple Brodway shows and it only took 5 minutes to walk to either of them because of the centralized location. We spent the remainder of our trip at a hotel a few blocks east and missed the location at Times Square. There is a subway entrance right beneath the hotel that we took downtown and the location is great because there is so much within walking distance including Rockefeller Center, Central Park, 5th Ave, and more.

I was worried about the hotel lobby being renovated before the trip but it was no problem at all. You need to take an elevator from the ground floor to the lobby on the 3rd floor but it was no problem at all and added an extra sense of security.

Overall we really enjoyed this hotel and location and when we come back to NYC we will stay here again. It's a great place.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank MichaelRinck
Reviewed December 21, 2008

We are just finishing a one night stay at this hotel, which is the ultimate central location if you are visiting Times Square and the theatre distric. Hotels are booked and rates are up in this week before Christmas, but we scored a suite with two queen beds and a big pullout sofa in the living room for $332 including all taxes etc. The accomodations are much bigger, better and more comfortable than anything we have experienced in NYC in that price range. We would return here in a minute!