Last time we came to NYC we paid a lot for a tiny room way outside of times square. This time we were bringing our 16-year old and 11-year old for a special sweet 16 trip and wanted to upgrade a little...and were shocked to find a reasonable price for a suite at the DoubleTree Suites in Times Square. We got the suite -- two rooms separated by a door with access to the bathroom by both -- and each of those rooms was bigger than the one I rented off site last time. It had microwave, fridge, safe, TVs, internet, etc. We flew in to avoid driving through the city (definitely recommend that!) and took a cab to the city, but then walked or took the subway everywhere we went.
The staff was great, and were always looking out for us. The housekeeper saw us come in, noticed that we had two kids with us and by the time we got back from our evening out had put extra towels in our room and made up the sofa bed! The room was spacious and had a great view of the city, and the noise & neon of times square was shut out by the drapes. And after 8pm the doorman checked our key cards before letting us in (though after day 1 he recognized us and greeted us) to keep wandering visitors from coming up and disturbing/stealing from guests.
All in all, would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Hotel New York City