We stayed at the DoubleTree Suites in Times Square over Presidents Day Weekend with our two kids 5 and 2. We selected the hotel for price and the suite setup - it was important to us to have a room for the kids to sleep. We paid about $200/night - rate was different each night. The location was great!
We drove into the city - missed the hotel the first time around as there is a scaffold setup in front of the building, limited signage and no clear place to pull the car. However, once we realized where to go the Hotel Doorman was super friendly and let us take our time unloading which was great with the kids. Check-in was easy and not a problem even though we were a bit before the three o'clock check-in time.
We had a king suite overlooking Times Square - it was a bit smaller than I was anticipating (even knowing that we were in NYC). However, the kids loved the lights - especially the M&M store display that was constantly changing. The room was comfortable, clean and had plenty of space. The kids slept on the pull out couch - which worked for them but would be uncomfortable for two average sized adults (its a pull out couch - they are not known for comfort). We asked for extra towels which were quickly delivered. Overlooking Times Square was loud - basically all night - even though we were up high - par for the course - next time I might ask for different location for a little more quiet.
The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves so we picked up a few essentials from a large Walgreens just up the street. We did order room service though for breakfast and like all Hilton properties it was expensive. However, the amount of food that arrived and the quality was amazing. The second day we ordered one meal with coffee and supplemented with some yoghurt from Walgreens - more than enough for the four of us.
All of the hotel staff that we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. Impressive for a property this size in a major city.
The only really negative experience occurred on the second night of our stay. Around midnight the room started to smell like sulfur. I am not sure what the source of the smell was but it was bad enough to disrupt sleep for my wife and I. There was work occurring in Times Square so I chalked the smell up to that.
I saved a couple of bucks on parking by picking the car up myself from the garage (across the street and a few yards up from the hotel) instead of having the valet bring it around ($70 versus $90 for two days). I appreciate that the front desk staff gave us the option. The added benefit was we were able to shoot straight down to 12th Street and on to the Henry Hudson to get out of the city quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Hotel New York City