The location is great especially for first-timers and those going to a show. I've been to this hotel a few times most recently in Dec. 2012. I find the rooms clean, spacious, quiet and comfortable. Some of the rooms have Times Square views that are attention-grabbing. You should know that this hotel is right in the heart of Times Square so there is a lot of activity right outside the hotel doors. If you want to break away from the crowds, just take a quick right outside the hotel doors and walk up 47th ST to Sixth Ave. The lobby is a little quirky, requiring a short elevator ride from the street level to the lobby (where a second elevator bank takes you to your room. I like it for the added security. Bottom line its close to all the theaters and walking distance to Rockefeller Center, shopping on Fifth Ave, and about 12 blocks to Central Park.
There are many hotel options in the area so I usually check to see who has the best rates (and good reviews on tripadvisor). Doubletree Guest Suites in Times Square is one of my go-to hotels for value comfort and cleanliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Hotel New York City