Stayed 2 nights (award) and found the hotel just as good as my last stay several years ago. The place was fully booked as there was a jewelry and fashion accesories convention occupying 9 floors. As a result, did not receive any upgrade for Gold status.
-spacious 2-room suites with 2 TV's, microwave, small empty fridge, touch-sensored honor bar, and small safe.
-free wireless HSIA for gold and diamond members (no wired access available)
-complimentary full hot breakfast buffet for gold and diamonds (normally $28) at restaurant
-quiet despite outside chaos; comfortable beds.
-central location: multiple subway lines within 2 blocks, close to all theaters, endless dining options
-bathtub spout is overpressured like a firehose, as was the showerhead--major need for a flow restrictor. Would be very effective for interrogating terrorists, probably better than waterboarding.
-fitness center: dated Precor equipment that seems to shake and rattle. The room is very warm despite high ceilings. There is no bathroom on the same floor--have to go up 1 floor to the restaurant level.
-business center: temporarily located on lobby level in a tiny room the size of a closet. The least they should do is PUT UP A TERMINAL FOR PRINTING BOARDING PASSES at the front desk (plenty of room)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Expedia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Hotel New York City