My sister and I were planning a short visit to NYC....then we had to decide on a place to stay. My sister insisted we should stay in a suite hotel. After reading trip advisor and checking out the options, we decided to stay Doubletree Guest Suites Time Square. We are very pleased we did.
The location can't be beat....we were within walking distance of shows, restaurants and museums. A quick cab ride took us to more museums and restaurants. Plus a subway station was nearby. It was an easy drive into the city from Long Island and an easy drive out heading to Connecticut (the other stops on our visit to the area).
The two bedroom suite was wonderful. As most hotel rooms in Manhattan, this was small by Doubletree standards but not uncomfortable. Typical access to bathroom from both the bedroom and living room, plus a wet bar area with mirror in the living room helped with two women getting ready to leave at the same time!
Since we had a car for 10 days we drove into the city and parked for the duration of our stay. From our stopping in front of the hotel thru unloading the car, checking in and arriving at our room. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The lobby above ground level was quiet and secure....in the evening staff was checking room keys on entry at ground level to take the elevator to the lobby. When a taxi was needed staff procured one quickly. When we left staff gave us the fasted route out of the city with a smile.
Pleasant bar area for a late night-cap when we came in for the evening. We did not eat any meals in the hotel.
Although I usually prefer to stay in small boutique hotels, I definitely would stay at this Doubletree again when visiting NYC. The combination of location, service and nice rooms is too hard to pass up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Hotel New York City