“Great Location. Best rooms for price in Times Square.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Ranked #186 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 27, 2012

If you use your GPS, you will end up on across the way. The address is Broadway, but is on the corner of 7th and 47. If you drive there, there are only abut 3 spots on 7th for unloading.
room was great, decent size by any standard, very large for Manhattan standards. Nice to have a sofa to sit on and mini fridge. The windows pull in so you get air or take pictures. Carpet was clean, linens were of high quality, 2 tvs. Bed/pillows were very comfortable. HVAC system was a lot quieter than other hotels, so it was easy to get to sleep. The hotel also has some high tech air purifying system as well. Wifi is the fastest I've experienced in a hotel. Staff were friendly and served with a smile. I was on the 40th floor and there were no elevator delays at all. Breakfast buffet is very expensive, $30 - it is of high quality, but $30 is steep. One downside being so close to action is the noise of sirens late at night. Around dinner time they tighten security and you have to show your card to get up to the lobby, which is good. Good Morning America background is right across the street by the TKTS stairs. Would definitely stay here again. Best hotel I've stayed at in Times Square area. Sound does not travel well between rooms - had some screaming kids next door, but could hardly hear them.

Room Tip: ask for high floor to get away from sirens. Facing Times Square is nice view, but nosier.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teij
Write a ReviewReviews (8,277)

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Everyone from the Bellhop,Doormen, Maid and Front desk. Very large suite with great amenities.
Great job Doubletree!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This was a great hotel, very large suite with comfortable bed. Loved that the windows opened for fresh air. Even though it's right in the middle of times square, it was very quiet. Room was immaculate and, when I asked for extra coffee and creamers, they were there right away. The only downside is that there was not wifi unless you were an elite awards member. That's definitely a negative for a business traveller hotel, or any hotel now in this day and age. Did not use the restaurant. Drinks at the bar were expensive - $12 for a glass of wine. I would definitely stay again though even without the wifi.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Farrell105
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This was our first ever visit to the Big Apple and Doubletree Times Square provided the perfect base in the heart of the action, from which to explore the sprawling city. I won't go into details about the close proximity to all the attractions as this has been mentioned in plenty of other reviews. I give it five stars because I think the quality and size of the suites provided excellent value for money. Having a separate living area and bedroom meant we had ample room for all our luggage, shopping etc, and it was nice to have a sofa area to relax in. Both rooms had big LCD TVs with plenty of channels. We enjoyed having the local news on in the background and watching shows like Good Morning America which was being filmed live just a short walk away. The decor was modern and the rooms were very neat and well-kept. The bathroom was of a sufficient size and standard.

We only went for breakfast at Ginger's in the hotel once as we wanted to try different places in the city but the buffet was of an impressive size and high quality. The cookie they give you at the welcome desk on check-in is a welcome touch and the hotel was decorated in tasteful yet fun fashion for the festive season.

Service was absolutely fine, nothing special. The only bad point was the horrible, surly man when we left our bags after we checked out as we had a late flight. Miserable, rude and abrupt with us, was really disappointing for me on our last day. Not going to upset my overall review though, I must say.

No, it doesn't provide opulent levels of luxury - however, it does provide high quality, sophisticated accommodations in an unbeatable city-centre location for what I think is an incredibly reasonable price. I would thoroughly recommend.

Tip: I recommend getting the weekly Subway pass for around $25-$30 - gives you unlimited travel and once you master the different routes and lines you will use it a heck of a lot. We were only there for four nights and still got a lot of value from it. Those walks are a lot longer than they appear on the map!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack S
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear Jack S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding your interaction with our bellman, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. That definitely was not the impression we wanted to give you on your departure. I have reviewed your concerns with our team.

We always strive to provide the perfect service to our guests. I would really appreciate if you can provide more information on your stay, so we may address the issue and continue to improve our service.

We deeply appreciate your business with us, and we want to restore your confidence. We would love an opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of accommodation you have every right to expect from DoubleTree.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

This was my first visit to NYC. I booked a double queen suite with a pullout sofa. I thought that I was going to have a times square view, but upon arrival I was told that the only rooms that face Times Square were rooms with king beds only. That seems a little odd to me. Reservations did not inform me of that A PARTY OF 5 WAS OUT OF LUCK CONCERNING TIMES SQUARE VIEW. When I got home I checked my reservations confirmation and my request for a TS view was noted. Even though I didn’t get a Times Square view, I was given a room with a great view. Our room was on the 37th floor. I was traveling with children and they needed extra blankets, pillows, and towels. Every request was granted quickly. I accidently left my purse in my room with a large amount of cash in it. Housekeeping had cleaned the room while I was out, and nothing was missing or touched. The doormen were the most friendly of the staff. Security was good. Be careful concerning the elevators. They will close on your arm. We pre-arranged for a private car to take us from airport to hotel for $50. We asked the Doubletree concierge to arrange transportation back to the airport. He secured a luxury SUV for a $100. I thought that was a little out of line, but I was ready to get home. I joked to my friend that it was okay with me if we rolled out of there like the “CULLENS!” I pre-arranged and paid for most everything before leaving home, and that might be what you need to do instead of utilizing the Doubletree concierge desk. They won’t save you any money. There was some jackhammering going on at breakfast time, but that was only on the mornings that we slept in and arrived at the restaurant later in the am. I purchased a package that included the hotel breakfast. I had to pay a little more for the breakfast to be included, but it was less than what it would had cost onsite. The breakfast was awesome, and that is probably where you will want to eat breakfast. I’m from the South, and I’m accustomed to hotel staff being very friendly (especially when spending big money), but I’m fairly sure that the lack of friendliness is typical in the North. The location of the Doubletree hotel is priceless. I’m a teacher with a very meager salary. If you are on a budget splurge for the Doubletree location, and eat at the McDonald’s next store!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank April K
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear April K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Hope you enjoyed your first visit in NYC. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I'm also sorry to hear that you felt the lack of friendliness from us. I have already reviewed your concerns with our team.

We always strive to provide the perfect service to our guests. I would really appreciate if you can provide more information on your stay, so we may continue to improve our service.

We deeply appreciate your business with us, and we want to restore your confidence. While I know you have many hotel choices in NYC, I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Needless to say, the location is fantastic. The suites were roomy, the breakfast (Hilton Honors) outstanding but above all, the staff was great -- from the front desk to the housekeepers. Engaging, friendly and seemingly happy with what they do! Only negative was the fitness room where both stationary bikes tvs were not working. Also, I wish that hotels would tell you the "all-in" price (including the close to 20% taxes) when booking like the airlines are doing. I would highly recommend this property if you want a bit more room, a great staff and a Broadway location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim F

Dear Jim F,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As for our fitness center equipment not working properly, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We have already addressed your concerns. We would love an opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of accommodations you have every right to expect from DoubleTree. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

The hotel itself is in need of renovation. The employees are the friendliest around. I came in on Friday and the front office staff was giving out cookies in the lobby and the ground floor. Everyone is always smiling. I have to say the service makes up for the old rooms.

• Stayed: March 2012