I am a frequent visitor to NYC but this was my first time in NYC without a car. Cosmopolitan Hotel was located so conveniently close to all amenities and many sites of tourist attraction that I did not even feel I needed a car.
My friend and I were dropped off close to midnight and the front desk was open and ready to serve. We were checked in to a loft with one double bed, which also had a pull-out sofa. The bellman brought extra bedding and set up the pull-out sofa for my friend.
The rooms were clean and equipped as described. The room was not smaller or larger than one in any other hotel in this price range. It was large enough for two adults to survive without being in each-other's way. The washrooms, on the other hand, must have been the smallest washroom I had ever seen anywhere.
I must also mention that the upper level offered very little headroom (which is disclosed on their website), and sitting up on the bed without touching the ceiling was impossible. Taking stairs to the upper level of the room required some body flexibility too.
None of the above was a big issue to us.
Staff was very courteous, the room and common areas were clean and well-maintained, and the property was noise insulated. And I mean quiet: no street noise, no noise from other rooms, no loud heater fan.
The staff offered to securely store our luggage upon check out, so that we could spend a few extra hours in Manhattan before our departure.
All in all, as long as the price is the same, I can't think of any reason not to stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street,the Financial District, Westfield Mall at the World Trade Center, Brookfield Place and the Oculus. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow Original Apothecary Bath products, room service by the Palm Restaurant Tribeca, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks and Pret A Manger on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from superior and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca