“Excellent find!”

The Frederick Hotel
Ranked #244 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My colleagues and I just stayed at Cosmopolitan Hotel in Tribeca, and it was great. Excellent value and convenient location right near the Chambers St subway stop. Great neighborhood for top NY dining.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank WineAustraliaUSA
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear WineAustraliaUSA,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you and your colleagues enjoyed the nearby restaurants of Tribeca and the convenience of our location. We hope you will be back in the future, please follow us on social media and stay in touch with us by subscribing to our website so we can keep you informed about our upcoming special rates and packages.

Director of Sales

Write a ReviewReviews (1,995)

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is just the best location. Steps away from two major subway lines, quick walk to Chinatown, Little Italy, the Village and the World Trade Center. I'm a New Yorker by birth but I was showing my Irish boyfriend around for the first time and I couldn't bring myself to stay in Times Square and I'm so glad I picked here. We got a nice little loft room and were able to have a more authentic New York experience but still hit all the tourist spots easily.

My few small complaints:
The bed. It felt like the mattress was stuffed with granite. I don't know if it was a personal preference against hard mattresses but this was easily my least favorite bed in a hotel ever.

Elevator. There's only one and it can be a hot commodity at times. We were on the 2nd floor so it was no biggie to hop down 1 flight of stairs but I'd have been annoyed if we were up top and had to wait that long every time.

I would still recommend this hotel to anyone else- it's well priced, nicely set up and again such a good location!

Room Tip: I think the loft room was cool and would choose it again, but be careful if you're taller becaus...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear laurlala,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you greatly enjoyed our location, and that the loft proved to be a good choice for your accommodations. We look forward to your return, please stay in touch with us by subscribing to our website and by following us on social media.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The Cosmopolitan Hotel was well-located, professionally run and spotlessly clean, in my first experience staying there. As other reviewers note, it fulfills guests' basic needs but isn't a full-service property, which usually is fine for me, if the price is right! There's some street construction in progress now in front of the hotel at West Broadway and Chambers Street that's noisy early in the morning, but I would hope that won't last forever.

I would recommend Cosmopolitan Hotel to anyone who wants to stay that far downtown in Manhattan and probably won't be in the room much. It's literally on top of a 1,2,3 "red line" subway stop, which is so convenient. I definitely would return in future.

Room Tip: I would suggest a high floor -- the hotel has seven floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Worldlyjane
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Worldyjane,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be well located, our staff to be professional and that your room was spotlessly clean. We will be upgrading the hotel this year, and hope you will return to experience the changes. Please follow us on social media and subscribe to our website so we can keep you informed.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Whenever I stay in Manhattan I always try and avoid the super touristy neon midtown and the expensive but lovely Upper East and West areas. Tribeca is great, and this hotel has some lovely breakfast places near it and some cool restaurants around the area (one breakfast place looks like an old soda fountain place and has some awesome sweets) the room we stayed in had a great view of the Empire State Building which was a great surprise. The hotel is sweet, nothing fancy but really how long do you stay in the hotel on a trip to Manhattan anyway?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear HelsinkiSheps,
Thank you for posting a review in regard to your stay with us last year. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the neighborhood of TriBeCa, and that you had a view of the Empire State Building from your room. We hope you will be back in the future, please subscribe to our website and follow us on social media so we can keep you informed of our planned upgrades and special offers.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

It is true that NYC is expensive, but I think you can find something better for the same price. Rooms are very small. There is only one elevator and it is slooooooow. And that's the only option, because there are no (or very well hidden) stairs, which is also dangerous in case of fire or similar.
The attitude of the staff goes from "cold and careless" to "who are you and why are you asking this to me".

However, I have to say it was pretty clean and the location is good, close to the metro.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank seremariposa
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear seremariposa,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that your room was very clean, and that you enjoyed our location. Please note there are two well marked stairwells in the hotel. As part of our planned renovations we will be installing an additional elevator. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced, please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great location and for the price we paid we felt it was excellent value. Avoid room facing the street, the windows leak noise, can't recall exactly now but I think it was single glazing without proper seals. We asked for a room facing the back and luckily enough they had a room available.

We had problems with the cleaner that happened to have the cleaning cupboard placed next to our room, and the loved slamming the door between 7-9 so although we were on holiday there was no way of sleeping in without ear plugs.

On arrival the reception staff was very busy (and seemed very rude and ignorant) but it showed later that there had been a water outage all night because of some building works on the street. So maybe we can write of that indicent blaming stress, after all they changed room with no hassle. Overall good location and decent room. Wouldn't return on business but if budget is an issue and for private travel, I would consider it again, mainly because the excellent location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johan N

Dear Johan N,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us this past November. We are happy to hear that your room that faced the back of the hotel was quiet and comfortable, and that you found our location to be excellent. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We were 4 friends from South Africa that stayed at the hotel for 6 nights. It honestly made our first trip to New York that much better.. close to the subway, friendly staff that was always willing to help, comfortable beds, and always clean.

Thanks so much and when we come back to New York, we will definitely stay at the hotel again!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sandy N
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Sandy N,
Thank you for posting a five star review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you found our location to be very convenient, our staff friendly and helpful, and that your room was clean and comfortable. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Please stay in touch with us by subscribing to our website and by following us on social media so we can notify you of our upcoming special offers.