“Comfortable clean TriBeCa boutique hotel”

The Frederick Hotel
Ranked #243 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We arrived a little disappointed because the road just outside entrance to hotel was having road work so it hindered our view of this cute boutique hotel in TriBeCa . The staff was very friendly and helpful especially the bell hops who helped us with our bags. We had nine women so luggage was definitely a work out for him. We had rented the junior suite. It was clean and smelled good.
Soaps and shampoos spa like and nice. Beds comfortable. We were however surprised at size of suites- small with a pull out twin couch for the 5th person in the room. The hotel manager nicely showed us the other suites and we actually had the largest jr suite in the hotel. Our experience was very nice at the Cosmopolitan. Subway station and Starbucks just outside the hotel lobby. Brooklyn bridge 3 blocks away and nice eateries nearby. I would return to this hotel again ! No frills but good location and clean and comfortable.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Lisamobleymullis,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that our staff was very helpful and friendly, your room was clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed the convenience of our location. We are also happy to hear that you appreciated our CO Bigelow bath amenities. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future, please subscribe to our website and follow us on social media so we can keep you up to date on our current special offers.

Director of Sales

Write a ReviewReviews (1,998)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I along with our two year old were visiting to celebrate my birthday. The hotel offered some of the most decent rates available for the location and time of year. We contacted the hotel ahead of time to address some concerns we had (such as noise and special requests for our son including a baby cot and mini fridge). Management really went out of their way to take care of our needs and accommodated our requests. We were given one of their larger rooms and the hotel was clean and friendly. Although the rooms were a bit dated, the great and helpful service outweighed our criticism. We were even greeted with a bottle of champagne and some chocolate brownies. We were also within a short walking distance to one of the most delicious breakfast restaurants called Bubby's. We really enjoyed staying in Tribeca. The hotel was extremely convenient with all subway lines within a one to two minute walk. We would highly recommend it if you are looking for a pleasant and affordable stay in a great location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yvonne C
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Yvonne C,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your family's recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you found the hotel to be clean, convenient, and that our staff was very accommodating and friendly. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed the local Tribeca restaurants such as the well known Bubby's. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future, please follows us on social media and by subscribing to our website.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Only hotel available at a decent rate so I took it. Most of my business is in midtown so Tribeca location would seem problematic, but it was surprisingly convenient, since it was right on the west-side subway lines and a fairly short walk to City Hall where you can pick up the east side subways. So no matter where I was in the city it wasnt very hard to get back to the hotel. There's no question that the hotel was clean, staff was friendly. I just thought it was rather charmless. But if your mission is business or hard-core tourism, it fulfills that need of a decent size room to hang your coat at night. I've stayed at cheaper, chic, business hotels that are bright and sunny in the lobby with rooms that were practically insulting. This spot, well, it lacks character, but I think I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jpicunko
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear jipicunko,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you found our location to be very convenient for your business trip, your room to be clean, and our staff friendly. We will be renovating the hotel in 2014 and the decor will be completely redone. We hope you will be back to see all the changes, please stay in touch with us through our website and social media.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to visit New York during Fashion week. This was the only hotel that was not really exploding with its prices, so we decided to book it.
As we arrived the room was ready and our lugguge was taken to our room.
I must say the room is actually pretty big for New York hotels:) everything was clean, and the bathroom had a, a tiolet and a shower, although everything was a little tight, espcially for a tall person like me.
Unfortunately there was no restaurant in the hotel, but the receptionist told us we could either book our breakfast in advance and it would be delivered to our room or we could just eat around the corner, where they had a partner cafe. They really serve a wonderful breakfast there!
Now I must say the location is also very very good, thre is a underground station just like some feet away and the WTC is a 5 min walk away:) it was an amazing experience there!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josie B
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Josie B,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us in September. We are happy to hear that your room was very clean and that you enjoyed the convenience of our location. Please stay in touch with us, we hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at the Cosmopolitan for 5 nights last week while in NY for business. The staff were fantastic - from the time I got there until I left, they were polite, friendly, and anxious to help and make sure I was happy. Their service rivaled 5 star hotels.
With respect to the hotel itself, it was very clean. However, the rooms were very small and spartan. The room was either too cold or suffocatingly hot. The tub did not drain well (even after they tried to fix it), and I got the pleasure of taking a cold shower one morning. And there is an air freshener smell almost constantly. But again, the staff were wonderful, and did all they could to try to address my issues.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Penn B,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that your room was very clean and that our staff provided a five star level of service. Please note that in 2014 we will be upgrading the hotel which will include a central air system. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, please stay in touch with us through our website and social media so we can keep you informed of our upcoming special offers.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at the hotel a week ago for our holiday season getaway. The hotel is amazing convenient as far as location. The subway is downstairs and you can get anywhere...a really great plus! No coffee pot in room but a starbuck's downstairs. The real problem was a sickly sweet smell in the room. Not sure if it was cleaning supplies or something sprayed, but it was annoying for me. I have allergies and I slept with the window open even tho it was very cold outside. I told the front desk the next morning about the smell and she said she would tell "them not to spray"... but when we returned that afternoon, the smell was still there and very annoying. It is very clean, yes, very small, no problem with that, but the smell would prevent me from returning. I had to keep the windows open in degree weather all the time and it still didn't help.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear peggy s,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of having both the subway and and Starbucks right on our corner. Please note that we will be upgrading the hotel in 2014. We hope you will return, please follow us on social media and through our website so we can keep you posted.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I've been coming to New York with my family for years and we were looking for a hotel we would like to return to every year. This year I decided for Cosmopolitan and we liked it a lot! We asked for a quieter room so they've put us on the 7th floor and there was no noise at all! The staff was very nice, the room super clean and the location just superb! There's great shopping all around in Tribeca and SoHo and at this price the Cosmopolitan is just a superb place to stay. The only downside is the size of the room, as it is tiny and the super slow elevator. I would recommend everyone to book this hotel if you want a reasonably priced, clean and well serviced hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear SaraK007,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that your room was very clean, our staff was helpful and friendly, and that you enjoyed the great shopping that can be enjoyed in Soho and Tribeca. As part of the planned upgrades to the hotel in 2014, we will be installing an additional elevator. We hope to see you back here soon, please follow us on social media and by subscribing to our website so we can keep you informed of our upcoming special offers.