We recently had five days in New York to do Chrismas shopping. We got a great last minute deal on venere.com at the Cosmopolitan. The hotel is in a great location in Tribeca, the 1,2,3 subway stop is literally outside the door of the hotel and easy to get up to midtown and the West Village. The room was small but had everything we needed and was clean.
The big issue for us was noise. We had a room facing Chambers St on the top floor. There was a cosniderable traffic noise. We live on a main road in central London so are fairly accustomed to hustle and bustle. Even with ear plugs we both had trouble sleeping with the noise from the street below, although to be fair there were also road works going on at the time which is outside the hotel's control.
During our stay there was a planned water outage from 21:00 to 06:00. We arrived back at the hotel late that evening so no shower and brushing teeth with a bottle of water. The staff were prepared with bottled water but it would have been good to have been told when we booked / checked in rather than the evening before.
There are lots of breakfast options in the area. Kitchenette on Chambers St is particularly good. On weekday mornings they have 10 items for under $10 on their breakfast menu with coffee and a glass of orange juice. The Starbucks nextdoor to the hotel also do a yummy oatmeal for only $2.50 if you are on a budget / diet!
The nearest car rental is Hertz on Canal St (about a 10 minute walk uptown) if you are planning to hire a car. They are in a parking lot with a machine where you skype a customer services rep, very cool and efficient system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street,the Financial District, Westfield Mall at the World Trade Center, Brookfield Place and the Oculus. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow Original Apothecary Bath products, room service by the Palm Restaurant Tribeca, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks and Pret A Manger on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from superior and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca