“Great place to stay”

The Frederick Hotel
Ranked #243 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a great hotel, I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the New York area. The staff was very nice and helpful with every and all questions. WTC,Battery Park,Centry 21 all at your doorstep. Subway stops to take you any where you wanted to go. I loved the excitement of Uptown,but it was nice to come home every night to the quiet of The Cosmopolitan Hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Judy and Mike D,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor in regard to your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that our staff was helpful and that you found the location convenient for everything you wanted to do and see. Please keep in touch with us by following the hotel on social media and by subscribing to our website so we can keep you posted about our upcoming winter special offers. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a great location in Tribeca. I stayed 4 nights for less than $900, tax and fees included. Extremely clean and comfortable room with excellent room lighting and good hvac, though small with no "natural" lighting or ventilation. Staff was always available and helpful. My rating has to do with the location. (I have family within a short walking distance so I wasn't "living" in the hotel.) The 1, 2, and 3 subway lines are right at the hotel and several other lines are within a two to three block walk. Plenty of cafes and restaurants within 2 blocks in every direction, with a cafe and a Starbucks on either side of the hotel. Just an excellent location in a super lower Manhattan neighborhood. And a lovely, more than serviceable hotel, especially for the money!!

Room Tip: City street noise doesn't bother me, but I did have a room on an upper floor on the back of the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear KG29212,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and the location convenient. Please stay in touch with us by subscribing to our website and by following us on social media so we can keep you informed of our upcoming special rates for the winter months.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

stayed in the loft unit. they created a "loft" section where the bed is accessible by ladder. made the room more roomy during the day. the downfall was the loft area was really short (sitting up room only) which is fine. the staff is very friendly and accommodating. regarding noisy a/cs, i always just carry ear plugs so that helps. great value.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear jjbeachtravels,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us this past February. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed staying in one of our loft rooms. We hope that you will return soon since we have made overall improvements to the hotel since then. Please follow us on social media and subscribe to our website so we can keep you informed of our exclusive offers and special promotions.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

When you walk in it looked a bit quirky, which can be good. Old space refurbished but retained historic layout wedging in modern hotel features where possible. That is where the charm ended. Tiny rooms. AC units in rooms extremely noisy, turning on for 5 minute intervals throughout night about every 90 min (I can generally sleep through anything but in tight quarters and loud noise it kept waking me up). My two other colleagues figured out how to disconnect in their respective rooms but I wasn't so lucky. Then when I got up to take shower their was icy water (simple 2 faucet system so &tried both on off chance they weren't labeled correctly). I called front desk & they didn't seem very surprised but said not normal and would get engineer to follow-up. After 20 min wait had to shower so got under cold water. When checking out mentioned to desk clerk. She said it was her I spoke with. I asked why she hadn't called back and she said still waiting to hear from engineer. No apology, just said she hope I enjoyed my stay. I don't think I will be returning.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Batch B
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Batch B,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced, and it is not the norm for there to be no hot water. In the hope that you will give us another chance, please contact me directly at 646-312-6521 so I can offer you a special rate and upgrade on your next visit to New York City. We appreciate your consideration.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Providing full disclosure, I'll admit I haven't personally stayed at this property - or even visited it. I live a few blocks away, so never really had a need. However, my review is based on the interaction with the hotel's service staff (Marcela, to be specific) and her willingness to help with a mission of love.

The woman of my dreams was staying at the hotel recently, and I was away on business. Things were a little...rocky for us lately, but knowing where she would be staying, I decided I had to act. I called the hotel and requested a number of very specific items be delivered to her room before she returned for the evening (i.e., wine, candy, flowers, etc.). Unfortunately, these things were not readily available at the hotel...but no matter, Marcela recognized the urgency of my request, and saw the entire operation to success - the staff went to a local liquor store, spoke with sommeliers, went to fresh produce stores...candy stores...florists. The works. Arranged everything beautifully and delivered to the room without a hitch.

That, indeed, is how you demonstrate exceptional customer service!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris F
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Chris F,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor in regard to the excellent customer service you received from Marcella and the rest of our Front Office staff. We appreciate it that you recognized their efforts and are glad to hear that all went well.
Please stay in touch with us on social media and on our website, we look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights and The Hotel is located in one of the best places in manhattan, all you need is close, subways, stores, restaurants, night clubs. Great value for a NYC hotel. The Atention was great. It's an old building with confortable small rooms

The

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear RofSal,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed staying in this neighborhood and that our staff was very attentive. We are modernizing and upgrading the hotel, please stay in touch with us through social media and by subscribing to our website so we can keep you informed. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed in the Cosmopolitan Hotel in August for 4 nights. First we had a lovely and renovated room on the first floor. After a sleepless night (we could hear the people talking on the street even the windows were closed) we could change into a smaller room but in a higher floor.

Both rooms we had were very small but renovated and clean. The best thing in this hotel was the staff. They were friendly and helpful all the time. We would definitly recommend this hotel to everyone with a small budget.

Room Tip: better a smaller room but on a higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear sabi_na90,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. We are glad to hear that our staff was very helpful and friendly. We hope you will return soon to see the upgrades that we are doing, please stay in touch with us through social media and by subscribing to our website so we can keep you informed.