The Frederick Hotel
Ranked #244 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great hotel! I recently stayed here while visiting old New York. I was surprise by the chic, cleanness, modernness and great service! The train was right on the corner! Traveling could not have been made easier. I had a little problem on the first day with my television but, this young man I believe his name was Michael came kindly and quickly took care of the problem. He was very patient and hospitable he really made the service of this hotel stand out. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Jessica v,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that Michael from our Engineering Department was very helpful. Please stay in touch with us through our website and social media, we hope ypu will return in the near future.

Director of Sales

Write a ReviewReviews (1,994)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

It was a good location if the place you needed to be was on that metro line otherwise you had to walk the same distance as staying elsewhere.
We had two rooms one of which was expected to sleep 3 people - once the bed was out there was no room to walk about and the size of the bathroom was nothing short of a joke for that number. We did ask the front desk to help to accomodate us in a larger room but the "warm and friendly" lot must have been on holiday and every day we asked they were singularly unable to help and we asked every day. I would have happily paid for a larger room. (George the porter/bellboy was the exception - he was great!)

We used the Cosmopolitan Cafe one morning and were charged $9.50 for a cup of coffee and $8.00 for a tea which was extortionate!

Also a point to note there is a computerised booking system in the foyer which we used to book our transfer to the airport - don't we were nearly killed by the maniac driver. No doubt the hotel will say that is not their responsibility but it is prominently displayed in reception and no alternative was offered by the desk staff.

Also we were bitten to death in both rooms - not sure what by as the windows didn't open!

Not a pleasant experience to be recommended and I am perplexed why some people do.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Happy-Traveller046
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

A boutique hotel. Modern, fresh, lots going for it. Off the back of reviews on here I always used the stairs but no hardship. Staff were warm and friendly, accommodation 'cosy' but adequate and we had a lovely stay. I joined my husband later so he spent the first couple of nights in a loft room which I believe he was tempted to pay the extra to check out of had there been room available, but having slept a night in there he found that it really wasn't that bad being able to touch the ceiling whilst sitting in bed...

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank atravelergirl
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear atravelergirl,
Thank you very much for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you found our staff to be warm and friendly, and the location to be convenient for you. We hope you will return in the future and will try our variety of room types and sizes. Please stay in touch with us on social media and by subscribing to our website so that we can send you our exclusive offers.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here for a few days before my wedding. Firstly with my fiancé, then with some of my girlfriends. We found it a great location, Chambers St metro station is right next to the hotel, so easy to get uptown. My fiancé and I enjoy running and it is close enough to go running on the Hudson. They were very attentive our whole stay. Value for money too. The only disadvantage is that due to construction work going on it can get noisy in the mornings and the aircon woke me up a few times in the night. However this would not stop me staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Rachns, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Bomanda28,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, and found our staff to be attentive. Thank you as well for pointing out that the hotel is in a neighborhood that is good for runners. We look forward to your return, please stay in touch with us by subscribing to our website and by following us on social media so we can keep you posted of upcoming special offers.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I'm by far not picky, but my night at the Cosmopolitan was one of the worst nights I've ever had. I stay in hotels every week and have done so for 15 years, usually looking for a hidden gem and stay away from chains I found a hidden nightmare instead.
Room not at all similar to the website. A 2 story bungalow with a 5 foot high ceiling the the bedroom. A 1 foot wide staircase to get up there, and a giant industrial air conditioner unit outside my window (for The building next door) that ran ALL night. Imagine sleeping, or trying to, next to a car engine all night. Not that it was the end, the window unit from the room above dripped a nice crescendo of water on to my window unit every 4-5 minutes at varying rates, adding to the noise. Worst night's sleep ever. And for $300 a night, this is disgraceful. I will certainly never ever be back...I suggest you don't try a first...

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank KCEmilio
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear KC Emilio,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced while staying in one of our loft rooms. Please note that we have a variety of room types and sizes with both front views and back views. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance, please contact me directly if I can assist you with a future reservation.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was a really great little hotel. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were a tad small but very tidy. Location was a little bit away from Central NYC, but it was right on top of a Subway station that could take you right up to Times Square, Broadway etc. There weren't any coffee or tea facilities in the room, however there were a couple of coffee shops outside, the best being the small cafe next to the front entrance.

I was expecting a lot worse for how cheap the room was.

Room Tip: If your on the lower floors it easier to use the stairs than wait a long time for the lift.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear jimbojnr81,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful, the rooms clean and the location convenient. We are continuing to upgrade the hotel so please stay in touch with us through social media and by subscribing to our website we we can keep you informed.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Located at the crossing of Chamber Street and Broadway this hotel offers everything that a citytripper is looking for. Metro lin A, coming from JFK airport just behind the corner, for 2.25 US dollar you are downtown in lower Manhattan from the JFK airport.
Very clean rooms with good beds.
The staff was very friendly and outside, next door to the hotel you have the Cafe for breakfast, count 15 us dollar all in.
The price for one night was also very correct, I booked a couple of months in advance and prepaid.
So I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at The Frederick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Fonzzemst,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you found our staff to be helpful, the location convenient, and our cafe to be of good quality. Please stay in touch with us so we can keep you informed of our upcoming offers.